Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 05/02/14 16z -------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

GLTW

I have a feeling if you don't grab this soon somebody else will

"Wasn't it enough that we lived through the wettest December & January for over 200 years that no one alive has experienced?"

Very good but I'm high and dry (Thankfully) compared to many others, so I'll let somebody from another flood-prone county have that accolade, I think it perhaps should read 250 plus years, but that's just nitpicking.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Heavy sleet fallling here now which ibdidnt expect

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

This is definetly one of the windiest and vile days so far this winter, which is saying something this year.

Even in the middle of urban Bristol, the wind is ferocious at times, with strong gusts blowing debry around.

Add to that squally cold rain and it really isn't a day for a picnic in the park.

Not long to go now before a slow ease of the strongest winds, although remaining breezy for the rest of the day.

Then tomorrow it's a game of chase the snowflake before we do it all again later on Friday.

• Like 2

Posted

Bristol (Clifton) suspension bridge is currently closed due to high winds.

Extremely rare for that to close.

Railway line to Severn Beach also closed due to trees on the line.

Old Severn Crossing also closed due to high winds.

Numerous roads around the West Country affected by fallen trees etc. Too many to list individually.

Looking like an awkward commute home for many tonight.

Edited by AWD
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

A Lull at the moment with the sun out...More to come when cloud passes Frome..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Sun is poking through the clouds an the winds easing a bit after what was a pretty awful morning.  I was out in the field earlier with the drawstrings on my hood done up so tight that I looked like Kenny from Southpark, I had such a miniscule face.  The icy rain being blown into my face was painful.

I've got tubs lining the window sills catching the rain coming in and we have a moat around the house.  We have put pallets outside the door to walk on between the house and the car.  Wind gusts were just shy of 70mph at one point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

AJ is currently filming a squall passing over him and here are some radar grabs showing what's about just now within that area of the region.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79252-atlantic-storms-february-2014/?p=2927278

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Rain has stopped and the sun is out finally giving me a chance to go get some shopping, still very windy hopefully the heavy bags will weigh me down to prevent me taking off.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just posted up in the severe thread.....large hail and a funnel cloud report just to the west of Lyneham around 20 mins ago.....there's no useable footage sadly as it was mainly hidden by the treeline but I'm sure it was a funnel cloud as opposed to an intense hail shaft

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Sun is out here, just 10mm of rain. I'm going to need a substantial amount to reach the target of 50 to 80mm which the MO projected to fall from yesterday until Saturday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

MO has me down for heavy snow tomorrow morning for a whole hour! Further up the moor there is potential of snow on and off for 12 hours . If this cold zonal then its certainly interesting for those at altitude.

Backed up by Euro4. Exmoor and mendips as well in on the action

Posted Image

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 1

Posted

55mph at 14:29pm

Still windy, but not as strong.

Rain has eased now and its getting brighter, only had 5mm of rain in total today.

The worst looks to have missed us this time, looking forward to another dry spell for the next 24 hours or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Bristol (Clifton) suspension bridge is currently closed due to high winds.Extremely rare for that to close.Railway line to Severn Beach also closed due to trees on the line.Old Severn Crossing also closed due to high winds.Numerous roads around the West Country affected by fallen trees etc. Too many to list individually.Looking like an awkward commute home for many tonight.

Just saw the news about the suspension bridge.  I saw the BBC highlighting something hanging or stuck on the bridge, did anyone see? Got no sound in the office on TV.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

I know our weather has been bad but i reckon Jersey /Guernsey have had it far far worse ( wonder what their 2/3month rainfall totals are!)

Everytime we have rain i notice they have red and pinks and blues showing over their regions, must be pure cloudbusts there but prolonged!!!

post-13809-0-60641400-1392216716_thumb.p

Posted

just posted up in the severe thread.....large hail and a funnel cloud report just to the west of Lyneham around 20 mins ago.....there's no useable footage sadly as it was mainly hidden by the treeline but I'm sure it was a funnel cloud as opposed to an intense hail shaft

I noticed on the radar a segment of even more torrential rain (hail too) at the back edge of the front as it whizzed away to the East so guess that was what provided your large hail and funnel cloud!

The strongest winds here came immediately after the persistent torrential rain stopped and there has followed a sunny hour with a few hail showers which are racing Eastwards at approx 60mph judging by the NW Radar zoomed in.

The temperature has yo-yoed again, after a cold start to the day it reached 8.4c as the front cleared but it is down to 6.9c now.

Posted

Horrible here, the rain was very heavy for a couple of hours, surely racked up some relatively high totals! Seems so, as the local stream flooded once again! Very strong winds as well, debatably the strongest of the winter - power went out a couple of times at college. Take care all, vile conditions to be out in!

Edited by dec10snow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Went out shopping because the weather looked okay outside, then got attacked by my wheelie bin as it blew over in a strong gust of wind before being blasted with rain almost horizontally! Though we don't have the worst of the weather here, it isn't exactly benign! http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

• Like 2

Posted

Just for Mullender from Ian;

"W COUNTRY Additional issue into tonight is risk ice from hail & snow. Ca. 1-3cm snow accumulation above 250m e.g. Mendips/B&NES/Exmoor/Wilt

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Just mentioned on the news that a wind gust of 106mph has been recorded in North west Wales!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Just for Mullender from Ian;"W COUNTRY Additional issue into tonight is risk ice from hail & snow. Ca. 1-3cm snow accumulation above 250m e.g. Mendips/B&NES/Exmoor/Wilt

Umm interesting thanks mate. Wonder weather Cotswolds will be in on the fun ?!
  • Like 1

Posted

Just for Mullender from Ian;"W COUNTRY Additional issue into tonight is risk ice from hail & snow. Ca. 1-3cm snow accumulation above 250m e.g. Mendips/B&NES/Exmoor/Wilt

Hello, looks good some actuel snow needs to come lower... But meto app has me down for heavy snow in the morning Edited by lfcdude
  • Like 1