Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 05/02/14 16z -------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Judging by xcweather currently the SW is just about dodging a bullet regarding the strongest gusts with most in the region getting 50 to 60mph peak gusts. Meanwhile Southern Ireland isn't so fortunate with winds there gusting around the 70 up to 80mph range. This risk moving NE during the day, tell folk to batten down those hatches over the coming hours if you know anybody in the NW and Northern England.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I haven't seen winds outside my house like this for a long time.

What we have is disruptive enough so I hate to think of the damage that could be felt for our northern cousins later. From a selfish point of view, thank god it isn't us in the red warning.

Will be interesting to see the official stats later. I expect 50/60mph gusts have been recorded widely across the SW. No doubt in excess of 70mph to come for exposed locations.

Expect to start hearing reports of trees down etc soon.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Pretty wretched here but the noticeable thing is the lack of rain again, despite what precip charts progged. I wonder how they are generated?

I've set my hi alarm for 40mph gusts, been going off a few times, gusts are higher but it's down to the location of the station. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Just driven to Brighton from Newbury. It was quite blustery all the way down.. Car buffeted all over the place. Definitely worst drive down.... :( not looking forward to drive back this eve.. Going to be worse isnt it? See the north west has a red warning so have warned some friends.. Hope they take me seriously

Posted

Check out the shipping forecast...

Sole.. Violent force 11.. Increasing to hurricane.. Says it all really..

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/marine/shipping_forecast.html#All~All

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hasn't stopped raining here in Exeter for the last 2 hours, very heavy still, dark and wind gusts are getting stronger - my bins have just been blown over

Posted

It's rough out there in Central Bristol - just nipped out to grab some lunch and it's blowing a hoolie now, with torrential rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just driven to Brighton from Newbury. It was quite blustery all the way down.. Car buffeted all over the place. Definitely worst drive down.... Posted Image not looking forward to drive back this eve.. Going to be worse isnt it?

No PB, it will have died down quite considerably by then as I understand, but there will be debris and flooding all over the place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Posted

Hasn't stopped raining here in Exeter for the last 2 hours, very heavy still, dark and wind gusts are getting stronger - my bins have just been blown over

:( Yep just seen the radar.. Yikes.. Pi

No PB, it will have died down quite considerably by then as I understand, but there will be debris and flooding all over the place.

thanks GTLTW.. Was getting a wee bit worried. Ill take the motorway all the way back so hopefully it should be ok. Sat on a car park currently waiting for a meeting. Car is rocking.. And not from my stereo this time! ;)
  • Like 1

Posted

Had to go out in the storm as had to get electric a very unpleasant trip it was too, Heavy rain which i think contained hail as hurt when hit in the face, was almost knocked over by a very strong gust, came home to more fence panels down and a tree in the field is also down, take care all and stay safe.

• Like 3

Posted

Don't forget there is also a dedicated Storm thread which can be found at the link below. They are currently some scary reports out there it must be said.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79252-atlantic-storms-february-2014/page-72#entry2926960

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Latest recorded gusts around the SW;

post-12721-0-74448500-1392208909_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Bideford bridge closed as lorry has blown over onto 3 cars.. Sun is now starting to show its face but remains very windy.

kaz

Posted

Truly ferocious gusts reported in coastal parts of Southern Ireland and to think the worse is yet to come for parts due NW. Posted Image 100mph plus gusts expected now, surely?

Posted

GLTW

I have a feeling if you don't grab this soon somebody else will

"Wasn't it enough that we lived through the wettest December & January for over 200 years that no one alive has experienced?"

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Wow, office electricity just literally went off for a few seconds - all machines resetting themselves and beeping like crazy!

• Like 1