Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 05/02/14 16z -------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Yep the radar is certainly springing to life out west now, perhaps those few flakes of snow I saw earlier this evening won't be the last I see tonight, here's hoping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Erm is that a BOW ECHO on the latest radar?!?!?!?! Tornado possible???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Seems to be a lot of talk of thunderstorms.

Are there any coming my way in Wiltshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Latest radar shows quite a "clump" out west heading east;

post-12721-0-00714500-1392159749_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hail rain and sleet now. Some moderate sized hail!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Latest radar shows quite a "clump" out west heading east;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Hope it comes my way. The earlier showers all fizzled out.

Tempt 3.8C but steady, dammit. DP 0.1C, WB 2.4C. Humidity 78% and rising. AP 1001 mb and rising slowly.

Posted

Yep passed here now. Left the ground white with hail and snow!!! Very nice to see it white over here when it so rarely snows here! A couple of very close lightning strikes. Thats my first Thundersnow too! :D

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Looks interesting....  Posted Image

temperature is good too 0.0c exactly

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Cooling nicely here: 3.5C, DP-0.2C, WB 2.2C. AP 1002 mb, Humidity 77%. That ppn won't reach us for a good 3-4 hours yet so maybe I shall get up early to a little sprinkling? Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Just boring old rain here, surprising when we had sleet earlier in the evening.

Posted

Looks like a few 60-70mph gusts here tomorrow afternoon. Some torrential rain likely for a time too. Then more wintry showers tomorrow evening, possibly thundery again! Crazy but fascinating!

Posted

I think I now realise why south of Gloucester isn't in warning area, if you look at radar it is far more intense and organised over south wales but the ppn further south looks far more patchy in nature so we probably less likely to get anything from but we shall see in next hour or so.

Posted

We have some light wet snow falling here (was for 5 mins) at the moment but not settling, just on the edge of that finger of light ppn

All broken up south of the river severn like some invisible force field again so bed time and I give up tonight Posted Image

Edited by mullender83
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

lots of random showers ahead of the low..heavy shower just erupted here.

Posted

What's a bow echo??

Not that likely so don't worry.

Bow echoes, when they occur, usually occur with a grouping of multicell storms that are arranged into a squall line. The upper tropospheric winds steer storms. These winds help determine the speed and direction that the storms move. The upper tropospheric winds will not always be constant along a squall line. In the regions these winds are stronger that portion of the squall line will surge forward. Also, in regions these winds are drier that portion of the squall line will surge forward because evaporative cooling creates negative buoyancy that will further accelerate a downdraft toward the surface. Since the downdraft from a squall line approaches the earth's surface at an angle, the faster the downdraft winds the faster the storms may migrate forward. Below is an example of a bow echo:

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints2/386/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Interesting. It looks like we may get away rather lightly with the rainfall amounts (compared to what we could have got) today. A look at the latest radar;

post-12721-0-80036500-1392190917_thumb.j

The main mass of PPN is over Ireland heading ENE. What looks like affecting the West Country is the much thinner strip of rain SE of Ireland. Whilst the rain is still possibly heavy, it should be a much briefer affair for us now with showers quickly following on behind.

• Like 1