Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 05/02/14 16z -------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Just nipped up to the higher moor (400 m/asl) and a smattering of snow on the ground. Looked beautiful! The north moor (600 m/asl) looks to be uniform white. Back home and its just green. Fun all the same.

If I look out my back window to the higher ground it is completely white up there.... Heavy snow now!
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

2nd snow shower of the evening here.....very wet stuff though with no chance of settling....lovely to see flakes falling out of the sky though!

• Like 5

Posted

Looks like it's just rain here unless something happens later on can't see it though but then surprises happen.. 

Posted

Oh you are a lucky beast. Enjoy it whilst it lasts!

Haha! I will.... Did have a nice covering all over but it is just on the grass and roofs now. Hopefully more to come later!
  • Like 1

Posted

Haha! I will.... Did have a nice covering all over but it is just on the grass and roofs now. Hopefully more to come later!

I see you have high hopes for the longetivity of this winter in your little footer - 2013/2015 winter!! :lol:
  • Like 1

Posted

I see you have high hopes for the longetivity of this winter in your little footer - 2013/2015 winter!! :lol:

Haha! I don't know why it has done that! Very funny! I am sure I didn't type that....I will change it now!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Well David Braine was suggesting that after the rain goes through tomorrow we could get a repeat performance of wintery showers and same again for Thursday. So you never know!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Well David Braine was suggesting that after the rain goes through tomorrow we could get a repeat performance of wintery showers and same again for Thursday. So you never know!

Euro4 model showing snow for Thursday Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Had some kip (must be getting old) and have come back on here because I'm addicted to all the activity and boy, some you have indeed seen some of the white stuff, tis good to hear. I'm pretty sure we didn't and to be fair, its later tonight I'm more interested in, however is it still on I wonder? I concur with other's thoughts about this next two storms, both will pack a punch as the active weather continues. 2.9c here and the Air Pressure is in danger of rising above 1000mb Posted Image for only the second time this February. Posted Image

EDIT: Forgot to say, some sferics showing up off the coast of Cornwall, could get interesting at elevation down there at that rate, perhaps Bodmin Moor and the Beast will yet again see some further snow with perhaps a rumble of Thunder.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Had some kip (must be getting old) and have come back on here because I'm addicted to all the activity and boy, some you have indeed seen some of the white stuff, tis good to hear. I'm pretty sure we didn't and to be fair, its later tonight I'm more interested in, however is it still on I wonder? I concur with other's thoughts about this next two storms, both will pack a punch as the active weather continues. 2.9c here and the Air Pressure is in danger of rising above 1000mb Posted Image for only the second time this February. Posted Image

EDIT: Forgot to say, some sferics showing up off the coast of Cornwall, could get interesting at elevation down there at that rate, perhaps Bodmin Moor and the Beast will yet again see some further snow with perhaps a rumble of Thunder.

I will keep a look out and let you know!
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

All bright n clear down here in Newbury but brrhh feeling a tad colder.. Just put the rubbish out and that thought "ooh cold enough for snow " ran through my head.. I know I know the chances are zero but heh nice to know some do. Not looking forward to this low tonight and hoping it is slightly less severe than all has been warning of.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

All bright n clear down here in Newbury but brrhh feeling a tad colder.. Just put the rubbish out and that thought "ooh cold enough for snow " ran through my head.. I know I know the chances are zero but heh nice to know some do. Not looking forward to this low tonight and hoping it is slightly less severe than all has been warning of.

I'd say the chances are slightly higher than zero, PB and the low is tomorrow daytime, I think you're as confused as I am now. Posted Image 2.4c now, down she goes. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

post-12721-0-93058300-1392156151_thumb.j

Jesus. Please no!! :0

• Like 1

Posted

I'm favouring Cornwall and Devon and perhaps parts of Bristol, Somerset and Avon for any wintry precipitation for the next hour or so, based on the latest radar images.

post-7183-0-92767900-1392156208_thumb.pn

Posted

I'm favouring Cornwall and Devon and perhaps parts of Bristol, Somerset and Avon for any wintry precipitation for the next hour or so, based on the latest radar images.

Posted Image2145GMT 110214 NW v6 radar.png

Yes there's a particularly potent lump of mayhem on its way judging by the radar. Feels considerably cooler tonight. I reckon The Beast will have a bit more tonight...
  • Like 1

Posted

Yes there's a particularly potent lump of mayhem on its way

Did you really have to call me that? Posted ImagePosted Image

Joking aside, I think I will be on my way as my stamina has again gotten the better of me, hope a few of us get some more of what we want.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Early start tomorrow. Hoping that ppn gets a move on.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

If that deep low does come off on Saturday then the storm for tomorrow would seem like nothing in comparison for us in the southwest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Couple claps of thunder down here now.

I still hope that storm on Saturday is our last big storm of winter and maybe some change is coming .

Just one week of proper winter weather will do please.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep some thunder and lightning here too in Falmouth.