Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 05/02/14 16z -------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Not sure where Evercreech is. Big temp drop near Clevedon over the last hour, and impressive hail.

Hi. Between Shepton Mallet and Castle Cary ish and not too far from Pilton. I know,gone down here too, now 4.8!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hi guys I'm new here! I live not too far from Weston super mare in a caravan. Needless to say we've been having a rough time! We've got really dark clouds over us at the moment and the rain and wind is starting to pick up :(

Weston-Super-Nightmare, it will become. Stay safe and welcome to NW. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Taken from Dartcam a few moments ago - http://www.dartcom.co.uk/dartcam/dartcam.jpg

Posted Image

No doubt we will hear from the Beast soon then. ;)
  • Like 2

Posted

Hi guys I'm new here! I live not too far from Weston super mare in a caravan. Needless to say we've been having a rough time! We've got really dark clouds over us at the moment and the rain and wind is starting to pick up :(

Hey SDM, always nice to have a new poster on the best thread there is on NW :) I reckon places with a bit of elevation could do well out of these showers this evening - had a shower about an hour ago which started as rain, but that soon became more icy as it fell... Didn't fall for long though so it was only icy for around 30 seconds, with the whole shower only lasting about a minute and a half!Take care all!
  • Like 1

Posted

Hi. Between Shepton Mallet and Castle Cary ish and not too far from Pilton. I know,gone down here too, now 4.8!!!!!

Thanks . Didn't know where any of those places are either Posted Image I have now though, looked them all up on a map! My excuse is, I only work here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Just had heavy rain with very wet snow amongst it, just off the A303 at Podimore, temp down to 3.8 from above 7c, could be interesting on any elevation later.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Thanks . Didn't know where any of those places are either Posted Image I have now though, looked them all up on a map! My excuse is, I only work here!

lolPosted Image So,now you know. Ooops.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Wow, how accurate did this assessment turn out to be then, its incoming towards me in the next half hour or so I guess. Posted ImageI sure am looking forward to the overnight stuff giving the other reports.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79339-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-050214-16z/?p=2924861

Echo what others are saying, welcome SDM and any other newbies for that matter.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted

Hi guys I'm new here! I live not too far from Weston super mare in a caravan. Needless to say we've been having a rough time! We've got really dark clouds over us at the moment and the rain and wind is starting to pick up Posted Image

Welcome to netweather! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Might take a little spin up the mendips later then if there's any precipitation around, that should improve my chances of seeing some of the white stuff compared to here imby.

Edited by Smartie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Hi guys I'm new here! I live not too far from Weston super mare in a caravan. Needless to say we've been having a rough time! We've got really dark clouds over us at the moment and the rain and wind is starting to pick up Posted Image

Hello !!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Heavy wet snow, just a shower but it is a start.

winter is here!

It's stopped now but a nice brief glimpse it was.   

Edited by mullender83
  • Like 9

Posted

It shows how shocking this winter has been when we're excited (me included) about a wintry mix of showers which can easily happen in Autumn and Spring yet is for many the best we'll get in winter this time around!!!

• Like 3

Posted

FLAG in somerset need waders and hand sanitisers. Can someone please tweet or facebook this, I don`t do either

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Sleet showers pushing through this evening and feeling colder.

Posted

12z EURO4 coming into my way of thinking regarding tomorrow's storm;

post-12721-0-25433400-1392141509_thumb.j

If we zoom in on that frame then you can see the darker blues and purples evident along the Bristol Channel coastline, suggestive of high wind gusts here;

post-12721-0-79683100-1392141562.jpg

Rainfall looks broadly similiar to the 06z, perhaps slightly less with 20mm the typical figure branded around the region;

post-12721-0-08202700-1392141677_thumb.j

The areas exposed to the highest wind gusts therefore, which could peak at 80mph for a short time are the areas within the orange sector below;

post-12721-0-34931800-1392141737_thumb.j

Everywhere else more typically 50mph or so inland and 60mph or so around other coasts and on high ground, locally 70mph if your exposed to a SW wind.

Berkshire, Wiltshire & inland Hampshire look the safest places to be tomorrow with the lightest winds (though still very windy).

I've found this below from another respectable weather site, which as a broadbrush guide, shows what damage certain gusts of winds can do if your unlucky;

post-12721-0-47220500-1392141918_thumb.j

Like I said, don't take that literally as your local topographic conditions will have a big say in your exact winds you receive, just something to keep as a rough guide.

• Like 2

Posted

Latest Met Office FAX shows the peak of our winds between roughly 11:00 & 16:00 tomorrow, just after the main band of rain has passed through;

post-12721-0-19193100-1392142286_thumb.j

Then at 72hrs we have trouble approaching from Biscay in time to ruin the weekend;

post-12721-0-39681700-1392142336_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Police outside my house...iz innocent honest  Posted Image

On a serious note, not looking good at all for pretty much whole of UK, the rainfall i am more concerned about tbh, just down from me there has been a cliff fall, and im on the same hill, but a bit further along facing the seafront Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Things have calmed down completely where I am now but I'm not convinced. The wind can go from nothing to crazy in seconds as I'm 5 mins from the sea. I've noticed that 4-5am is the usual time the bad weather will pick up though. Saturday night was really scary so I'm hoping we won't get a repeat of that weather. Also thanks to the daily express and their scaremongering I'm not feeling to good about this weekends new "superstorm" heading our way.. Does anyone know what that storms pressure is supposed to be yet?