Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 05/02/14 16z -------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

What's happened to the wintry streamer for early hours tomorrow?

post-12721-0-05287100-1392122485.jpg
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

According to the Beeb it hasn't been binned and the timing looked key, an animated band passing through around sunset time for most and then a more organised system overnight into the wee small hours, giving a covering in places. Time will tell though and again, your input is much appreciated as always.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Interestingly we had our highest gust of the year this morning: 48.3mph at 09:52. It also produced 6.6mm of rain, bringing the total for Feb to 99.9mm! 371.5mm for the year so far.

• Like 1

Posted
It was a post more in jest than seriousness mate.I haven't been following the wintry potential we have in much detail as understandably, the main concern is with tomorrow's storm.The wintry potential is definetly there for a lucky few, but compared to what's coming tomorrow, it's negligible really. EURO4 wavering on and off for it.Wouldn't be suprised to hear of snowfall for members such as Beast etc upon Dartmoor amongst other places. Edited by AWD
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

note sure if already posted but METO has a yellow warning for SNOW -  south east tomorrow!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=B1EA155C-E07C-E481-9719-1B7A1AC7B793_3_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1392163200

reports from other threads of the snow in Brum etc and it is astonishing people. This is bonkers.com

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

note sure if already posted but METO has a yellow warning for SNOW -  south east tomorrow!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=B1EA155C-E07C-E481-9719-1B7A1AC7B793_3_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1392163200

reports from other threads of the snow in Brum etc and it is astonishing people. This is bonkers.com

Yes indeed PB and its specifically for Oxfordshire. We may get lucky in Newbury but more especially the Wessex Downs should see some of the white stuff and perhaps a temporary covering, albeit very fleeting in nature between the cold rain and wind in the main event returns.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted

Yep, saw a picture of the snow in Birmingham earlier! Thanks for your input AWD as always, and that Beeb forecast was rather interesting, showing snowing passing over me! Will be interesting to see how that goes!

Edited by dec10snow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

No snow for south of Gloucester according to warning Posted Image

Posted

Best get yourself up to Gloucester Mulls. ;)
  • Like 1

Posted

Beeb forecast at 13:30 still showed snow like in that video above, still not getting my hopes up to be honest. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

That warning doesn't mean no snow south of Gloucester, it just means that it is not worthy of a warning nor is it likely to cause disruption. Even with that, the marginality of the situation means that the snow could be greater or lesser than forecast!

Posted

That warning doesn't mean no snow south of Gloucester, it just means that it is not worthy of a warning nor is it likely to cause disruption. Even with that, the marginality of the situation means that the snow could be greater or lesser than forecast!

You're get used to his pessimism eventually Joe, I think he'd still complain if he had 20 foot drifts at his doorstep. Posted Image  Nonetheless, however we all speculate with this active weather, it will come down to the more immediate timeframe as ever, rain, wind, sleet, snow or kitchen sink.

• Like 3

Posted

You're get used to his pessimism eventually Joe, I think he'd still complain if he had 20 foot drifts at his doorstep. Posted Image  Nonetheless, however we all speculate with this active weather, it will come down to the more immediate timeframe as ever, rain, wind, sleet, snow or kitchen sink.

Just doesn't fill me with optimism but maybe mendips is too rural to warrant a warning we shall see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

With more storm to come over the next few days, its looking likely that IOW will suffer again more storm damage, as posted few days back Comtpon Bay has took a real battering, now there are new pictures out of further cliff fall in the same area

Posted Image

This picture is also the road that runs right next to the car park above, it is now perilously close to road, and no doubt with the heavy rain, super saturated ground it will give way even more, and the red and white barriers will be moved again, or possibly will end up having to divert the road else where. (this picture was taken about 2.5 yrs ago, i can not find a recent one)

Posted Image

The picture below gives an Ariel view on the road and how perilously close the cliff edge is now getting to the road (again this picture is about 2.5 yrs old)

Posted Image

Once the weather settles i shall get out and about and get some updated pictures of how it now looks.

• Like 2

Posted

Just doesn't fill me with optimism but maybe mendips is too rural to warrant a warning we shall see.

You should try living down a valley in Central Southern England and then you might have good reason to be pessimistic. Anyway, as we know, what will be, will be and even in the worse snowless Winters I usually see something so I'm even more desperate than you, to be fair. I would however, like something DRIER if only the weather gods would listen to vast majority in this region.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

You should try living down a valley in Central Southern England and then you might have good reason to be pessimistic. Anyway, as we know, what will be, will be and even in the worse snowless Winters I usually see something so I'm even more desperate than you, to be fair. I would however, like something DRIER if only the weather gods would listen to vast majority in this region.

Try living in Exeter where even when the valleys of Central Southern England get snow, we still don't get snow! Last year there were large amounts of snow a few miles up the M5 and on high ground to the west and north of us, but we just happened to be sitting in a gap in the snow precisely the size of Exeter :D

• Like 2

Posted

Don't forget round err...... 106 on Friday/Saturday;

post-12721-0-80964600-1392129227_thumb.j

:(

• Like 1

Posted

Try living in Exeter where even when the valleys of Central Southern England get snow, we still don't get snow! Last year there were large amounts of snow a few miles up the M5 and on high ground to the west and north of us, but we just happened to be sitting in a gap in the snow precisely the size of Exeter Posted Image

Indeed all our whinging about the lack of snow really pails (no pun intended Posted Image ) into insignificance given the current situation and hell yes, doesn't location, location, location play its part at the best of times. I simply love to hear about other people getting their well deserved snowfalls, hail storms, Thunderstorms etc. My eyes are drawn to the radar now out West in the Atlantic just off the coast, looking interesting over the coming hours.

• Like 3

Posted

I see your point. However rain in wales flows mostly down towards river severn I think on the English side. The Thames river catchment starts around the south of Cotswold I think around Cirencester

You're right Mulls, the source of the River Severn is indeed up in the Welsh mountains - we did about this a while back in geography, hence I know! So yes, not looking good for River Severn catchment as the SW and Wales may well take the brunt of this rainfall this week!
  • Like 2

Posted

If I have the stamina I may well. I'm still uncertain as to where we go after this week, I see some dry weather hopefully rearing its head but even then it will be only the odd few days amongst the more general rain and snow at elevation. Will things turn colder or will we get milder is my next pressing question, if it turns milder I only see it bringing more moisture with it. Let's get to the end of the week and we may know more as to our fate for the rest of Meteorological Winter. Its all the fun of the chase I reckon.

Even after tonight whether it is snow or rain there is round two on Thursday which shows a possible wintry element on my meto app Posted Image

The search goes on.. Posted Image

First wintry showers now moving into the west of wales and Cornwall area on radar. I'm off to town for a hair cut as don't want to get snowed in if I leave it to late. Posted Image

Edited by mullender83
  • Like 7

Posted

Latest from the Met Office;

post-12721-0-08451700-1392130881_thumb.j

Cornwall and parts of the southern coastline in the highest threat area. All of us at risk of seeing gusts up to 70mph locally.

Batten down the hatches, it's coming. Again!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Even after tonight whether it is snow or rain there is round two on Thursday which shows a possible wintry element on my meto app Posted Image

The search goes on.. Posted Image

First wintry showers now moving into the west of wales and Cornwall area on radar. I'm off to town for a hair cut as don't want to get snowed in if I leave it to late. Posted Image

Alas Mully, I fear the only white flakey stuff in the barber's you'll see is dandruff Posted Image

• Like 5