Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 05/02/14 16z -------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Ha ha not heard that saying for years 'Black as the ace of spades' a very good description of a sky condition!!

For the third time this year, woken by one flash of lighning and an overhead crack of thunder at 07.25.  Now having a hail storm, squally winds and black as the ace of spades out there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Was there much rain last night in Somerset? I left there late afternoon and it was still fine. Bright and sunny here in Northants this morning.

8.2mm of rain fell here last night.

Looks like these showers have the potential to dump more rain than the main band itself, especially as they seem to be organising into lines.

Edited by Somerset Squall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

I don't expect too much rain in my little patch today as with a direct SW feed the showers decay before reaching here. Bristol Channel coasts and English Channel Coasts are favoured spots today with hail and thunder a good possibility. May see a few more showers here after dark if winds veer more Westerly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Welcome news for a lot if the conditions stay for the day. Wife's daughter moving house to next door  in Ubley  Hope it is done by midday..

Posted
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting extremes - snow, wind, storms... love it all!
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)

My god the sun is out here and it's like Spring.

But within a few minutes of reading your post Rich, the cloud darkened, the wind picked up and gusts are now howling around the house, throwing beads of rain at the windows! Hoping to get into the garden today... :-(EDIT: sun is shining again and birds are singing. Must get on with it as moving on Valentine's Day and praying for much needed dry weather! Please Ma Nature... be kind <3! Edited by Iggy912
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

looking forward into next week, there's still potential for some white stuff on tuesday for eastern parts of the region...timing is crucial but as it stands currently the latest 2 GFS runs (00z & 06z) prog heavy wet snow tuesday evening with dewpoints hovering around 0c and T850's around -5c......all subject to change of course but it would make a welcome short-lived change from the horrible rain & wind we've all endured for so long

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Morning all

Stats

978mb (falling 0.1mb/hr)

Wing gust 41.1mph (last hour)

Temp 5.8c

Dew point 3.9c

Soil moisture 18.0cb

Leaf wetness 15.0

Rainfall today 7.2mm

Rainfall monthly 53.8mm

Humidity 88%

Below is a huge tailback of cars trying to get out of Sandown, the picture below is the fields either side of this road, its looking possible that access in and out of Sandown will be shut off

Posted Image

Posted Image

And with more rain to come its most likely it will be, stay safe out there guys, dont do stupid things, i have said many times before lives are worth more then a picture, flood waters are very dangerous and you dont no what is underfoot.

Its windy here but not that bad, few heavy showers, had a hailstorm about an hour ago with flash of lightning, but calmed down since.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's very windy but with the sun shining, it's quite pleasant, missing the showers too. 10.2mm yesterday, 1.8mm early this morning. The rainfall isn't looking quite as problematic this weekend, hence the amber warnings being removed, some folks may even get a dry weekend.

Currently 9.5C

Posted

Its lovely here today nice sunshine little breeze but a much better day than I thought it would be, happy to say all those showers are just missing me.

Hope it keeps up.

Take care everyone who is affected. My heart goes out to those who have been.

kaz x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Dont think much of this wind so far pretty quiet here in bournemouth

Different direction this time, SW to WSW along the coast, Bournemouth is probably a bit more protected this time?!I'm off for a recky down to Durdle Door in a bit, hopefully I'll get a few good snaps!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

This is what the Met Office say:

After a short lull, winds will increase from the southwest during the course of Saturday with severe gales affecting coastal districts, bringing gusts of 60-70 mph and isolated 80 mph at the most exposed locations within the Amber warning area. Large waves are also expected to affect southwest facing coasts. Further inland, gusts of 50-60 mph are likely.

so I reckon the worst is still to come unfortunately. I am on a west-facing hill in Exeter and the wind has picked up noticeably in the last hour.

This is 9am this morning:

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-3.61,47.86,1115

Edited by Joe Levy
  • Like 1

Posted

Some-one find out who did this, call the Weather Police

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its actually a really nice day outside and quite calm, but somehow i think it will go down hill as the day goes on. so i thought this would make people laugh

Posted Image

I spoke far to soon, its hammering it down here and wind really picked up and gone very dark  :(

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Hail. 6.7c.  S .Westerly breeze 19.4km/h.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

60 mph? Just small breeze in my back garden nothing of any significance here.

I'm no expert but I'd imagine that DB is obviously not lying and the fiercest winds will be in association with the passing squalls. It is currently calm here in Newbury but blew like mad as my latest squall passed. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

What a morning of weather.

Torrential rain, 46 mph winds, hail shower, now beautiful blue skies with sunshine

Tell me about it, every time i think its safe to take dog out for a walk the skies darken, dog looks at me as if to say I'm not going anywhere

Max gust last hour is 40.3mph

Rain today totaling 7.5mm

Crazy weather to say the least.

• Like 1