Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 05/02/14 16z -------------->

A.J

Posted

It is very interesting how variable the rainfall has been across the region, as IF mentioned in a tweet earlier. Exeter seems to have had very little rain so far today (though the radar indicates that is about to change) whilst other areas appear to have received fairly significant totals. I'd be interested to know if anyone has any figures for Exeter to compare to other areas of the South West and Central Southern England.

Quite a lot of heavy rain here today, I would have thought in excess of 20mm at the very least

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

22.6mm has gone through the Davis, 23mm in the manual gauge. It's looking ominous out in the channel, some very heavy bursts of rain!

post-15177-0-08391500-1391717291_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

19mm here today, finger of precip in the channel seems to be aiming straight at my area.

Probably won't fall to far short of an inch today when all finished.

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

Does anyone know whether the road to Portland is closed during theses conditions ? Was thinking of taking camera over pre hide tide on Saturday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Does anyone know whether the road to Portland is closed during theses conditions ? Was thinking of taking camera over pre hide tide on Saturday

The Road To Portland will almost certainly close over the weekend due to the high wind/seas.

I would be very careful, for example, take a look at post 31 i think it is, showing a video of waves breaching 30ft sea defences, not to be messed with.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Ok so just driven to and from brighton this eve. The weather conditions were horrendous driving but worse on the way there. Particularly the Surrey stretch of the m25 around 4ish. Pleased though the journey back wasn't as bad. Alot of surface water on the motorway but remarkably alot of sensible drivers with the exception of a couple of foreign number plate lorry drivers. I won't though advocate driving in those conditions for those with less experience. Not pleasant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Only 3.1mm here so far. Looks like that is going to change somewhat over the next hour or so. The heaviest rain has stayed southeast most of the day, but the same can't be said for the latest clump of convection.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Only 3.1mm here so far. Looks like that is going to change somewhat over the next hour or so. The heaviest rain has stayed southeast most of the day, but the same can't be said for the latest clump of convection.

hmm yep I noticed that one. Also seems to be a convection line organising itself over Wales too?

Posted

The Road To Portland will almost certainly close over the weekend due to the high wind/seas. I would be very careful, for example, take a look at post 31 i think it is, showing a video of waves breaching 30ft sea defences, not to be messed with.

Ok thanks - thought maybe at low tide may be ok

Posted

Road closed at Midford south of Bath apparently due to a mudslide - will not reopen for several weeks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Silly Newspapers claiming this deep low over the weekend will be worse than the 87 storm.Posted Image

50-60mph gusts is very strong, yes. But nothing in comparison to inland gusts of more then 80-90mph.

As far as I am aware it will be practically the same as the one we had on Tuesday night and Wednesday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Tuesday still looks like our best chance to see snow this winter now... Lets hope it comes to fruition and isn't a damp squib like the rest of winter Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Personally can't see much snow for South-west England on Tuesday. Just more of what we just don't need.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo2.php?ech=120&carte=2000

Edited by Gibby
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

The Pyramids at Portsmouth has closed due to seawater flooding http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-26064253 and so has my second-closest local http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/10991302.Flooding_shuts_pub_again/

30.8mm so far today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

32mm yesterday, 3.2mm today.

post-15177-0-31582500-1391737429_thumb.p

Not a bad offset for 24hrs, rain started before that, so not too far out

I went out in Bournemouth/Charminster tonight, roads were horrendous! Lucky I wasn't driving after the battery acid I drank tonight. Lol

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Jersey Airport just tweeted SG9 gusting 63mph. Windier here now than it's likely to be all weekend. Early into next week has loads of potential though. Stay safe peeps.

Edited by Fitzwis
  • Like 2

Posted

Some light rain as I ventured out this morning, my what a change, gonna make the most of this, not windy, now stopped raining, soooooo it must be SPRING thenPosted Image

! Lucky I wasn't driving after the battery acid I drank tonight. Lol

You'll be charged up and ready to go today thenPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Good morning all...smell the coffee cuz i can  Posted Image

Morning stats

989mb (rising 10mb/hr)

Gentle breeze

Rain 3.4mm (so far today)

Monthly rainfall 42.4mm

Annual rainfall 243.4mm  Posted Image

Temp at present 5.0c

Dew point 3.7c

Humidity 91%

Leaf wetness 15.0

Soil moisture 225.0cb (questionable)

House intact but with a few leaks, cant believe the amount of rain we are having and yet still more to come. This winter certainly one to remember for a while and from a UK prospective lots of people are in the same boat (bit of banter therePosted Image ) Thank god for house insurance/building insurance, however the small print never gets read properly.

Daffodils are out on the island which always brings a smile to my face as spring just around the corner (i think Posted Image )

On a sad not Ryde sea wall collapsed yesterday, this is right next to the hover port and a very picturesque part of the island

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Reclaimed land won't last forever !

http://estofex.org/

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 4

Posted

This is becoming unreal in my part of the world now, it's like a disaster movie. The army are in, fire brigade, police, roads closed, people being evacuated and living in church halls, disaster funds and food banks being set up.

It's all so bloody dreadful.

• Like 7

Posted

Moorland (on the levels) still has rising waters around it, and local flood defences have been breached. The residents have been strongky advised to evacuate (once again)... You can't help but wonder what's actually going to happen down there with more and more rainfall coming in from low after low... I really do feel for them down there, it must be horrible!

• Like 2

Posted

Yes, feeling for you, as well as others around the country having sleepless nights associated with storm damage and flooding. Many are clearly now in desperate straits.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

At the moment we have a all but to brief respite. The sun is  out .All starts to change after 15:00 For my area. 4.3c. Humidity 96%. pressure 1004.0 hpa .Hell  comes later.