Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 05/02/14 16z -------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Maybe MetOffice  alerts colouring should take a lesson or two from this sites colourings.

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/warnings.asp   Brilliant.!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

7.1mm fallen already today and looking at the Radar not much let up for next several hours

Sits back in chair puts feet up and goes into a trance  *drip*drip*drip*drip*

Yup house leaking and believe it or not im in a good mood as no work till Tuesday for me Posted ImagePosted Image

My friend said to me cant you stick blue tac in the holes causing it to leak, omg i died of laughter, had tears tolling Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 1

Posted

It could be worse according to the EURO4 model.. We could have got what Brittany looks like getting:

Posted Image

Widely over 75mm in the next 24 hours.. Indeed Meteo France look to have a red warning out, and rivers on high flood alert.

Still there does look to be some areas/lines of very heavy showery rain this evening, bringing totals up to 30-40mm+ in some places..

Posted Image

Southern England the wettest part of the country in the next 48 hours with 2 inches+ in places, can't be good.. (though not as wet as Brittany still)

Posted Image

Posted

While this initial first band of rain is light over Somerset, look down to the south-West off Lands end very intense reds their and head directly for Somerset later this afternoon , if it stays that intensity then it will certainly produce some heavy downpours. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

While this initial first band of rain is light over Somerset, look down to the south-West off Lands end very intense reds their and head directly for Somerset later this afternoon , if it stays that intensity then it will certainly produce some heavy downpours. 

Yes certainly looks more active on radar to our south west and probably where our high totals will come from later on I would have imagined.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A bit of a lull in the rain until the next batch arrives, 16.2mm and counting!

I nipped out to get the Barnet cut, bit of a drizzard going on out there. :)

post-15177-0-81295100-1391699362_thumb.p

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

It is very interesting how variable the rainfall has been across the region, as IF mentioned in a tweet earlier. Exeter seems to have had very little rain so far today (though the radar indicates that is about to change) whilst other areas appear to have received fairly significant totals. I'd be interested to know if anyone has any figures for Exeter to compare to other areas of the South West and Central Southern England.

Posted

It is very interesting how variable the rainfall has been across the region, as IF mentioned in a tweet earlier. Exeter seems to have had very little rain so far today (though the radar indicates that is about to change) whilst other areas appear to have received fairly significant totals. I'd be interested to know if anyone has any figures for Exeter to compare to other areas of the South West and Central Southern England.

I can't give you any official figures but it is worth having a look at these maps of independent stations to get some comparisons.http://sandaysoft.com/maps/cumulus-map.php?pos=ukhttp://wow.metoffice.gov.uk
  • Like 2

Posted

Well its  been raining hard for hours down here in the New Forest...everywhere is flooded, and we arrived home to find the large storm ditch beside our house along the road had overtopped its banks and was filling up our garden rapidly! We spent over an hour trying to get the water to flow away from the house and managed to eventually get it flowing down the road and into the storm ditch further along...sadly that ditch is also overflowing and we now have two substantial rivers flowing  across our Lane...with a lake forming too.In 8 years of living here it's never been this bad...and the radar shows more and heavier to come...its just started  to get harder again...Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Round two of the rain started here,not that round one had ever finished! Have had 13.4mm so far in the last 24 hour period.

• Like 1

Posted

I would be interested to know exactly how many L/P`s systems have hit us since the start of November.

Any idea`s anyone.

I remember years ago if we had a bad month the weather forecaster would show the whole run of satellite images from that month. Think Francis Wilson used to do that and a few others.

Posted

I would be interested to know exactly how many L/P`s systems have hit us since the start of November. Any idea`s anyone.  I remember years ago if we had a bad month the weather forecaster would show the whole run of satellite images from that month. Think Francis Wilson used to do that and a few others.

This from Matt Hugo a few days ago..@MattHugo81: Definitely some caveats, but 29 individual areas of low pressure have directly interacted with the UK since 1st of Dec to 4th of Feb! #nasty

Posted

A few pics I took this week, Studland, Shell bay, Chain ferry to Sandbanks and Ballard down, Swanage.

Posted ImageP2050087.jpeg

That last image explains why my son had to "Go the long way round" to get back from Swanage yesterday.

This from Matt Hugo a few days ago..

@MattHugo81: Definitely some caveats, but 29 individual areas of low pressure have directly interacted with the UK since 1st of Dec to 4th of Feb! #nasty

And counting

• Like 1

Posted

This from Matt Hugo a few days ago..@MattHugo81: Definitely some caveats, but 29 individual areas of low pressure have directly interacted with the UK since 1st of Dec to 4th of Feb! #nasty

Many Thanks Mapantz.

• Like 1

Posted

Back on flood warning today after a whole six days off... Rubbish.

Flood Warning

Flood status last changed at  09:33 on 06 Feb 2014

Areas in Britford, Charlton All Saints, Downton and Fordingbridge in close proximity to the River Avon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Any news from the Exford area? My husband's uncle has a dairy farm there, although it's fairly elevated, I'd imagine quite lot of his pasture acreage is in danger from the River Ex.

Posted

Luckily we seem to have escaped rather lightly today. It's been raining more or less all day, but it has been light in nature, which isn't a bad thing... Good for the levels anyway - I know any rain is unneeded, but it was originally progged to be a lot higher totals across the Somerset/Levels area!

Fair play to the Euro 4 (as others have said) as this highlighted this yesterday :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

7.1mm fallen already today and looking at the Radar not much let up for next several hours

Sits back in chair puts feet up and goes into a trance  *drip*drip*drip*drip*

Yup house leaking and believe it or not im in a good mood as no work till Tuesday for me Posted ImagePosted Image

My friend said to me cant you stick blue tac in the holes causing it to leak, omg i died of laughter, had tears tolling Posted ImagePosted Image

I'm told county and borough councillors make very good sandbags - if you can get hold of an MP you have a weapons-grade flood defence. Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Another very windy day to come on Saturday;

post-12721-0-74641300-1391713774_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

I give up, house for sale,  50 bux ovno even comes complete with built in swimming pool Posted ImagePosted Image

16.3mm today and still raining

Posted Image

Mother nature will always claim back her land and even my house lol

God if i dont laugh i might just cry... Where is my expensive bottle of wine  Posted Image Posted Image

My heart goes out to all those who are affected by this dreadful onslaught of horrendous weather, there just seems to be no let up insight.

• Like 3