Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 05/02/14 16z -------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Looking slightly further ahead, the weekend is again looking very disruptive on all levels;

post-12721-0-12690300-1391624859_thumb.jpost-12721-0-77451400-1391624865_thumb.j

That will finish off anything that's half damaged through today's stormy weather.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking slightly further ahead, the weekend is again looking very disruptive on all levels;

Posted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpg

That will finish off anything that's half damaged through today's stormy weather.

And looking a little bit even further ahead we have a low that looks extreme serious not far of 1987 at all

Posted Image

3 days later a storm is out to sea

Posted Image

Edited by Skulltheruler
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow cold weather and storms

Very windy all of sudden on Isle of Wight again can't remember any winter like this before flooded roads again on the island not much fun bein a postman !

Will Saturdays storm be as bad as today or worse ?

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Very high river levels in Taunton also, and as Joe said, although it will drop tonight, the rain tomorrow could cause large problems with the river being so high;Edit: I should add, this is the bridge going over the tone in the centre of town, so if it floods here, it could cause havoc!

Looking very grim in Taunton and the surrounding area .A  tree fell down in our school today - luckily all is well and no one hurt .Fields can't take anymore water -but we are lucky in that the council have really stepped up the drain clearing .However the water is pouring off the fields ................

Really feel for all who are caught up in the flooding ......

And  hope all goes well for the new arrival Karlos 1983 ............:-) .......and enjoy :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Sonning Bridge closed again due to flooding......traffic problems all over Reading

Edited by galacticwarrior
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Induction process has started, he seems quite happy where he is ATM, so 1 night in the hospital at least. Hopefully arrival tomorrow

The best of everything to you and your wife and wishing your unborn baby safe passage into this life.
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather

Not sure if anyones seen this clip from Chesil earlier today? I dont think ive ever seen the waves get over the bank quite like this before....incredible!!!!

F#⃣#⃣k that!...how terrifying. Edited by Sidsnake

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

We have had a rain gauge on the farm since Christmas and have recorded 280ml of rain since then.  Just over night and this morning we recorded 24ml.  Just have to hope and pray for a pattern change soon. 

Good luck and best wishes to Karlos and Mrs Karlos, I hope all goes smoothly and it won't be long until you are holding baby Karlos.

• Like 4

Posted

This is an absolute nightmare for all.

This rain must stop soon surely?

I had an absolute meltdown on the motorway this morning, 2 hours to make a journey which usually takes 20 minutes, made especially worse as my daughter's newborn (my grandson) has come down with a massive infection and had been rushed into the special care baby unit.  No one thinks about weather in real terms until it really affects them. If anyone had seen me on the motorway this morning they would think that I am an absolute nutter! 

He's getting better by the way.  :)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Dancing daisy congratulations on your new grandson glad to here he's getting better.

karlos best wishes for your new arrival.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: really cold or really hot ! extremes

That wave coming over Chesil well I live right opposite where it hit in Victoria square , never seen anything like it incredible !

• Like 2

Posted

Barry - amazing video.

Torcross, Strete, Blackpool Sands - an area of South Hams close to my heart since childhood.

Was along there 3 weeks ago during long weekend in Dartmouth.

Those trees down on the bend up from BS - frightening when thinking of driving up there a few times the other week.

We ate in the Start Bay inn on the Thursday and in The Boathouse on the Friday - both lunchtimes - hope they're both ok.

• Like 1

Posted

This is an absolute nightmare for all.This rain must stop soon surely? I had an absolute meltdown on the motorway this morning, 2 hours to make a journey which usually takes 20 minutes, made especially worse as my daughter's newborn (my grandson) has come down with a massive infection and had been rushed into the special care baby unit.  No one thinks about weather in real terms until it really affects them. If anyone had seen me on the motorway this morning they would think that I am an absolute nutter! He's getting better by the way.  :)

You would think it has to! On the bright side, nature usually balances itself out, so hopefully a dry, warm spring, or even better, summer! The bad thing is, the ground was already pretty badly saturated, but after last night/this morning's relentless heavy rain, it is completely and utterly saturated, with water standing on most grass surfaces, where it's flat. This means that any more rainfall will be straight run off, rather than the surface storage holding some... Which doesn't spell good news for rivers around the county - the river tone is apparently at near record levels (in one place at least), and still rising. There's only going to be 12 hours respite at best for the rivers before they start filling again. I really feel for people who live near rivers/the sea/ the levels at the moment, terrible conditions! But, as someone said on the news: it's nature, you can't battle against it! Do you still live in Bridgwater daisy? If so, how's the Parrett holding up? I know it's been rather prone to flooding recently!Finally (I'll finish my essay!) sorry to hear about your grandson, but glad to hear he's getting better - he'll be fine :) And whilst I'm here, congratulations karlos, best wishes to you and the other half!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

That wave coming over Chesil well I live right opposite where it hit in Victoria square , never seen anything like it incredible !

It requires a long period groundswell. 13th Feb 1979 was an extreme example..... particularly as there was no wind at all (you're too young for that one!). The length of time between successive swells was 18 seconds + and with the amount of water being moved with each 'long period' wave it completely dismantled Chesil beach.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Sigh!!

post-12721-0-64867900-1391670344_thumb.j

Edited by AWD
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Day three of the five day onslaught has arrived and the unneeded rain has once again invited itself to our region. As fergieweather alluded to last night, whilst the main focus is on the current timeframe with its storm shenanigans, the snow risks are rising next week. For now, that is all they are, RISKS, but suffice to say there is an increasing chance of some wintriness around, more especially around elevated parts from tomorrow night and more particularly into next week. As is the want of this Winter the snowier bursts are only likely to occur within the beefier showery outbreaks and will invariably be washed away by the next rain band. Nonetheless colder weather still is hopefully now showing its hand, the deeper we go into February. The main issue we have is that a dry signal is however, not in evidence either, unless you believe in deepest FI.

In summary, not a lot has changed since my post here on the 4th February.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79220-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-26114-12z/?p=2917666

Take care all and batten down those hatches for the umpteenth time. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 3

Posted

That is one serious amount of rain coming up this morning totally had enough now, im a window cleaner by trade and this has been the hardest winter for many years, I prefer snow and cold, I can still work in that, but this rain sucks.