Sign in to follow this  
Snowyowl9

Classic TV music themes you like.

Many of the BBC sporting theme tunes ; Grandstand, Match Of The Day, Snooker, Ski Sunday, Test Match Cricket and more. All top drawer music which also evoke memories from childhood.

• Like 1

Many of the BBC sporting theme tunes ; Grandstand, Match Of The Day, Snooker, Ski Sunday, Test Match Cricket and more. All top drawer music which also evoke memories from childhood.

Andy... Did you hear the BBC orchestra playing them all as part of a Five Live special a year or so, ago. It was great. A few of the above were in there.

Here's the link to the job lot--> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5B5884F25E4C4402

and here's Grandstand

• Like 1

This is absolutely brilliant. The original Dr Who theme. I don't think the new version is a patch on this......enjoy.

• Like 1

Too many to chose from but Ski Sunday is one of my favs along with MOTD

Most of my top picks come from the beeb

Another is sports report such a catchy tune

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

The theme to Monty Python's Flying Circus

Edited by Bobby

The full Who Do You Think You Are Kidding, Mr Hitler? Dad's Army theme tune of which part never made it to the TV broadcasts

This was a good un. 1970s classic The Survivors. I could only find this one on YouTube. Brilliant opening sequence.

This is genius.

Another,one or 2 episodes of this if you were a child would give you nightmares(thinking that was actually space 1999),great music theme.

Edited by Snowyowl9

I`ve been wanting to hear this music theme for it seems centuries,its a cartoon I used to watch when I was a kid brilliant cartoon and the theme has stuck in my head to this day.

For some reason I recall Airwolf, A-Team and some of the other 80's stuff (oh that Knight Rider one), it is more I remember them than like though.

• Like 1

There were some very creepy series in the 70`s and early 80`s and a lot of those were childrens series what were they thinking of giving us nightmares....Theres one if not two series on the bbc not children`s but spooky dramas later at night maybe BBC in the 80`s but can`t remember what they were called,I remember the music theme to one of those was good,I remember seeing a very spooky painting on one.

Edited by Snowyowl9

'Airwolf' was the first tune that came to mind when saw thread title... but never was a big fan of the program. After 'Airwolf', the 'Dallas' theme.

This is one of the best themes I`ve heard,I watched this very good series also.

I never watched this but the theme is excellent.

• Like 2

I going to have to get a plug in for my favourite game show theme

Tales of the Unexpectedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc46Gk-6qrA

• Like 1