Sign in to follow this  
Harve

Gay marriage bill passed in Scotland

Eh? Sorry if I missed the part where I was supposed to study about Gay people from before my time.

Just checked - 1954 ? OOOOOOOOOOOKAY. Posted Image

No the prejudice of society.

Oh I see - Well I believe in teaching children as parents about sensetive subjects such as this.

And of course all parents treat the subject with sensitivity, if they bother at all, and of course others don't teach their own prejudices. That is why good sex education in schools is important.

Edited by knocker

Just be thankful we are more educated as a society than Russia. Watching this on channel 4 is seriously harrowing. How a human treats another human like that is beyond my mental capacity.

No the prejudice of society.

And of course all parents treat the subject with sensitivity, if they bother at all, and of course others don't teach their own prejudices. That is why good sex education in schools is important.

Not intended to go too far off topic, but sex education in the UK is somewhat failing, as WE  have the HIGHEST  rates of teenage pregnancies in western Europe..................

Watch until the end, it's worth it.

I don't give a monkey's fart about gay rights so I won't waste 2:51 secs of my life with that video.

Not intended to go too far off topic, but sex education in the UK is somewhat failing, as WE  have the HIGHEST  rates of teenage pregnancies in western Europe..................

Yes it is in all respects

If it wasn't so sad it would almost be funny watching someone make such a complete tit of themselves on a weather forum! I find it unfathomable, almost frightening that someone younger than me can have such a backwards prejudiced outlook - I had hoped we were moving forward as a society. Since your so keen on stereotypes, do you read the English edition of the Daily Mail?

Oh yeah course I do, in fact I read most newspapers. You see it gives a more balanced outlook and you can see all things instead of burying ones head in the sand at the things you don't want to see.

Edited by Gaz1985
  • Like 1

Watch until the end, it's worth it.

It never sits right with me to see people today belittle, gawk at or otherwise criticize past customs, traditions or beliefs with a smug sense of superiority, based upon today's current attitudes and accepted norms and facilitated by the accumulated knowledge since said by-gone era. I can't help but think that many of our current ideologies, some of which that we think we have certainly "got right", will face a similar fate at the hands of future generations. Is it not natural for the human race to perpetually consider itself to have reached the pinnacle of civilization, and for people to behave in a manner befitting?

• Like 2

It never sits right with me to see people today belittle, gawk at or otherwise criticize past customs, traditions or beliefs with a smug sense of superiority, based upon today's current attitudes and accepted norms and facilitated by the accumulated knowledge since said by-gone era. I can't help but think that many of our current ideologies, some of which that we think we have certainly "got right", will face a similar fate at the hands of future generations. Is it not natural for the human race to perpetually consider itself to have reached the pinnacle of civilization, and for people to behave in a manner befitting?

You're right - values and traditions change over time, but that doesn't mean certain changes are reverted - the changes we have seen may well be present in 30 years, but with even more changes. Women were given the right to vote, and are now considered fully equal by most people in society, and I don't see that changing anytime soon, and I can look back and think, "Wow, it's hard to believe there was a time women couldn't vote." In another 20 years, it might be common for men to stay at home while women go out and work - who knows?

(a slightly different tangent, but relevant I think to this particular discussion).

Just be thankful we are more educated as a society than Russia. Watching this on channel 4 is seriously harrowing. How a human treats another human like that is beyond my mental capacity.

Agreed. The situation in Russia is appallingly bad.

Edited by cheese

Who's said we've reached any kind of pinnacle? Surely we can learn from past mistakes, especially when the exact same "reasoning" in favour of segregation is utilised today, just directed at a different minority group.

I don't give a monkey's fart about gay rights so I won't waste 2:51 secs of my life with that video.

Oh yeah course I do, in fact I read most newspapers. You see it gives a more balanced outlook and you can see all things instead of burying ones head in the sand at the things you don't want to see.

If you can't see the contradiction in those two responses, you're kind of hopeless. In fact, saying you don't give a "monkeys fart" about gay rights, then posting repeatedly in a thread involving that very topic, well, I dunno...

• Like 4

Who's said we've reached any kind of pinnacle? Surely we can learn from past mistakes, especially when the exact same "reasoning" in favour of segregation is utilised today, just directed at a different minority group.

If you can't see the contradiction in those two responses, you're kind of hopeless. In fact, saying you don't give a "monkeys fart" about gay rights, then posting repeatedly in a thread involving that very topic, well, I dunno...

But that what leftists want.......people who have a different opinion to be quiet and be trampled on, nah not me. People have got to speak out and stop being soft.

Edited by Gaz1985

But that what leftists want.......people to be quiet and be trampled on, nah not me. People have got to speak out and stop being soft.

You can say whatever you like, about anything - but people will always be there to disagree with what you're saying. I guess that's the downside of free speech! Posted Image

You can say whatever you like, about anything - but people will always be there to disagree with what you're saying. I guess that's the downside of free speech! Posted Image

You sure about that? I thought only people with left wing views can comment on this subject? lol and indeed the same can be said for what you say too, your never right and I don't like gays - free speech Posted Image

Edited by Gaz1985

I could guess...

Of course we should learn from past mistakes, and we should always try to strive to better ourselves and our societies. However, I feel there is sometimes an air of arrogance in citing negative past behaviours and using them to solidify a point that is pertinent in the present day. It's not necessarily that we shouldn't use the past to learn lessons for the future, but rather how we go about it.

You sure about that? I thought only people with left wing views can comment on this subject? and indeed the same can be said for what you say too, your never right and I don't like gays - free speech Posted Image

Yes, I guess, except I know I am always right, but I can't tell other people that, since they will be offended. Posted Image

As for only 'left-wing views' being allowed on this subject - well, if that were the case, this debate wouldn't be happening at all! It takes two to tango.

Edited by cheese

True, and most people are certainly not as happy as they were or their parents were 30,40,50 years ago. I guess multicultural/diverse Britain isn't all so gooey and cuddly as some desperately want to make out, it has certainly not made people better people, arrogance and selfishness is everywhere.

I have come across loads and loads of elderly people and they say this country has gone to the dogs through the forcing of far left ideology in all aspects of our lives, in fact I hear more and more younger people getting fed up with it each year that goes by. Common sense has completely gone out the window and in turn we have forced policies of the "Frankfurt school" where if you disagree or have a different opinion you are ridiculed and attacked.

True, and most people are certainly not as happy as they were or their parents were 30,40,50 years ago. I guess multicultural/diverse Britain isn't all so gooey and cuddly as some desperately want to make out, it has certainly not made people better people, arrogance and selfishness is everywhere.

I have come across loads and loads of elderly people and they say this country has gone to the dogs through the forcing of far left ideology in all aspects of our lives, in fact I hear more and more younger people getting fed up with it each year that goes by. Common sense has completely gone out the window and in turn we have forced policies of the "Frankfurt school" where if you disagree or have a different opinion you are ridiculed and attacked.

Kids today will feel depressed or miserable if they aren't allowed to get the latest iPhone - it's all relative. When my parents were kids, they knew no better, and made do with what they had. People also have a tendency to look back on the past through rose-tinted specs. Normal human behaviour I think.

I also don't think 'far-left ideologies' are being forced on anyone - there are plenty of people in this country who cluster to the far-right of the political spectrum. Maybe their opinions are less tolerated, because most people nowadays don't share their viewpoint? I come across plenty of people against multiculturalism, but most people seem to be okay with same-sex marriage, or not bothered at all, and I know most people are completely fine with homosexuality. You state you don't like gays - you're entitled to think like that if that's your prerogative, but don't expect most people to be tolerant of that attitude.

Edited by cheese

Kids today will feel depressed or miserable if they aren't allowed to get the latest iPhone - it's all relative. When my parents were kids, they knew no better, and made do with what they had. People also have a tendency to look back on the past through rose-tinted specs. Normal human behaviour I think.

Or with complete contempt, as the case may be.

Edited by March Blizzard

Yes, I guess, except I know I am always right, but I can't tell other people that, since they will be offended. Posted Image

As for only 'left-wing views' being allowed on this subject - well, if that were the case, this debate wouldn't be happening at all! It takes two to tango.

Well you don't give out much evidence for them to believe you anyway LOL 

Right wing views are not tolerated on this subject, at least not welcome, but hey that's free speech I give - awww not nice is it nasty free speech attacking gays? Posted Image

I also don't think 'far-left ideologies' are being forced on anyone - there are plenty of people in this country who cluster to the far-right of the political spectrum. Maybe their opinions are less tolerated, because most people nowadays don't share their viewpoint? I come across plenty of people against multiculturalism, but most people seem to be okay with same-sex marriage, or not bothered at all, and I know most people are completely fine with homosexuality. You state you don't like gays - you're entitled to think like that if that's your prerogative, but don't expect most people to be tolerant of that attitude.

Still people were happier in a society that was far less pc.

No. Its' because multiculturalism/diversity is an experiment which for the most part has failed, even top politicians have said so and more are coming out with it.

And don't expect people to be tolerant of the attitude of gays.

Edited by Gaz1985

Right wing views are not tolerated on this subject, at least not welcome, but hey that's free speech I give - awww not nice is it nasty free speech attacking gays? Posted Image

No. Its' because multiculturalism/diversity is an experiment which for the most part has failed, even top politicians have said so and more are coming out with it.

To be fair, topics like this are largely based around opinion and personal beliefs. Your posts are clearly tolerated, because they haven't been removed, but (most) people don't agree with you.

Multiculturalism is another topic for another thread - one you could always create if you want.

Also, I don't expect everyone to be tolerant of the 'attitude of gays', whatever that means. Thankfully though, most people are fine with it.

Edited by cheese

Well I'm an elderly person and i certainly don't think that. Reverting to the subject I see no relevance between left wing ideology, (whatever you mean by that) and a warped attitude towards gay people that is evident in a number of posts in this thread. Since when has equaiity been unnacceptable

• Like 3

To be fair, topics like this are largely based around opinion and personal beliefs. Your posts are clearly tolerated, because they haven't been removed, but (most) people don't agree with you.

Multiculturalism is another topic for another thread - one you could always create if you want.

If they were tolerated they wouldn't of got a negative sort of response and who's most people? most people in here or in the street?. To be fair most posts in this area are not deleted unless swearing/threats are being made.

Can't gay people be black too? oh dear looks like you put yourself in it again. 

Well I'm an elderly person and i certainly don't think that. Reverting to the subject I see no relevance between left wing ideology, (whatever you mean by that) and a warped attitude towards gay people that is evident in a number of posts in this thread. Since when has equaiity been unnacceptable

Yes just 1. And "equality" has been unacceptable to people since the dawn of time.

Edited by Gaz1985
  • Like 1

And don't expect people to be tolerant of the attitude of gays.

Your comments are becoming more and more unbelievable.

"Right wing views are not tolerated on this subject" - What on earth is that supposed to even mean? The subject that some people are born gay? What the hell is there to have a "view" on there?!

"Don't expect people to be tolerant of the attitude of gays" - That's just straight up homophobic. 

• Like 1

You state you don't like gays - you're entitled to think like that if that's your prerogative, but don't expect most people to be tolerant of that attitude.

Is intolerance for intolerant views not a problem in itself? How far should tolerance extend, is there a "cut-off" point?

Just playing Devil's advocate here...

Edited by March Blizzard
  • Like 1

Of course, if you want to create tenuous links between two completely separate subjects.

Is intolerance for intolerant views not a problem in itself? How far should tolerance extend, is there a "cut-off" point?

Just playing Devil's advocate here...

No, I don't think so. Being intolerant of someone's opinions or views is different to those views and opinions not being allowed in the first place. I vehemently disagree with Gaz, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he shouldn't be allowed to express his opinions. Healthy debate is always good.

Edited by cheese

Your comments are becoming more and more unbelievable.

"Right wing views are not tolerated on this subject" - What on earth is that supposed to even mean? The subject that some people are born gay? What the hell is there to have a "view" on there?!

"Don't expect people to be tolerant of the attitude of gays" - That's just straight up homophobic. 

Yeah so what if I'm homophobic, who cares, I'm sure I'll live another day.

• Like 1

If they were tolerated they wouldn't of got a negative sort of response and who's most people? most people in here or in the street?. To be fair most posts in this area are not deleted unless swearing/threats are being made.

Yes just 1. And "equality" has been unacceptable to people since the dawn of time.

Really. So tolerance equates to agreement. That's a new one on me.