Sign in to follow this  
Harve

Gay marriage bill passed in Scotland

Ah, alright then. I guess this particular topic has run its course.

Into mind reading now are we? you're just not good at it Posted Image

Grow up will you, you're acting like a 5 year old. 

• Like 5

As for 'gay' sex  education - most little kids would be mortified to learn what grownups do in the bedroom regardless of who is doing it.

Cheese, the sex education for youngsters is to stop them from making babies at a young age in a short summary. Please tell me you don't think it's appropriate to teach children about "Gay" sex education? That is just sick & wrong on so many levels.

• Like 2

Cheese, the sex education for youngsters is to stop them from making babies at a young age in a short summary. Please tell me you don't think it's appropriate to teach children about "Gay" sex education? That is just sick & wrong on so many levels.

I don't think it's appropriate to tell little children what happens in detail - that would be unnecessary. There's no harm in telling them, however, that two men and two women can love one another in the same way a man and a woman can. That is all.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 8

Grow up will you, you're acting like a 5 year old. 

Banter Paul banter. Posted Image

Edited by Gaz1985

I don't think it's appropriate to tell little children what happens in detail - that would be unnecessary. There's no harm in telling them, however, that two men and two women can love one another in the same way a man and a woman can. That is all.

Yes, I agree with that, but I don't think that's all they tell the Children, as that would just be covered in 2 minutes.

• Like 1

Banter Paul banter.

No banter please - this is the serious discussion forum. Posted Image

No banter please - this is the serious discussion forum. Posted Image

Oh sorry......... serious banter I meant Posted Image

Edited by Gaz1985

Also all this gay sex education to little kiddies is sick and thoroughly unpleasant. Most would probably have nightmares at the thought of two grown men at it.

I'd imagine the same would apply thinking about a grown man and a woman doing the same thing if you are e.g. 6 years old.

And homophobia is learned. If kids as they were growing up were taught man-woman relationships were the devil's work and man-man / woman-woman was the correct thing to do, they'd take that literally.

Of course what would happen would be men married to men but sneaking off to have an illicit affair with women simply down to natural desires. Of course this would be rather more frequent than the current case for 'illicit' male-male love/sex relationships.

Also, the idea that people are simply straight, gay, or bisexual is false too. There are no fixed boundaries; people exist on a scale between totally straight and totally gay. Very few people would actually fit each end member; most lie somewhere in between, a Gaussian distribution but skewed towards 'straight primarily'.

The man who once had dream about a gay relationship which, however strange it seemed, was not unpleasant at the time would not for example be 'totally straight', he'd be just a tiny little bit gay. Just thinking about a relationship with one of the same sex already puts someone in the 'tiny bit curious' category.

Some people will just have opposite sex partners. Some may have opposite sex partners most of the time but then change. Some may have had a brief thing for the other sex when young.

It's not black and white by any means.

And I find this whole 'I don't know anyone gay / its really uncommon' thing odd. While a minority yes, my experience is more 5% of people (inc bi) which would fit well with studies and take into account people reluctant to declare etc. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_sexual_orientation#United_Kingdom

There were at least 3 gay guys and 2 lesbians in my final year of ~60 at school. They only really came to fully express that when they left School, went to uni etc, but it was well known. Nobody really cared anyway. What was a bit of shocker was when one girl all the guys chased - and who dated a few of them - turned up with a girlfriend after her first year at uni. Much local lad disappointment followed. Natasha was gay! Noooooooooooooooooo!

• Like 1

They only really came to fully express that when they left School, went to uni etc, but it was well known. Nobody really cared anyway.

That part is good. Reason is because I bet they didn't run around School shouting from the roof tops about their sexuality. So nobody cares. Just like straight people dont, but when it's stuffed into peoples faces, thats when people start to take notice.

• Like 1

And I find this whole 'I don't know anyone gay / its really uncommon' thing odd. 

I find it odd that you find that odd. Because I don't know anyone who is gay and I do know quite a lot of people. So that is not an odd thing to me it's just the way it is in regard to my friendships/family

Edited by Gaz1985
  • Like 1

That part is good. Reason is because I bet they didn't run around School shouting from the roof tops about their sexuality. So nobody cares. Just like straight people dont, but when it's stuffed into peoples faces, thats when people start to take notice.

Oh they were sometimes ribbed for it, but then only as much as kids find anything to slag off other kids about at times (fatty, speccy, spotty, ginger, gay whatever).

I suspect it was more a parent / conformity thing that prevented them being open about it. Once they left home and became independent adults that changed.

'So nobody cares'. Agreed. Hence good time to fix silly laws which discriminate. As I said earlier in the thread, the same sex marriage bill is really low down the list of pressing political issues. Hence the ease it was dealt with and at very little cost to the public purse (the public having voted for it anyway). If it had been majorly controversial, it would be in the courts etc, dragging on, dividing parties etc. Nope, just tidying up and about time too. I'm happy for those it made happy.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 1

Yes, I agree with that, but I don't think that's all they tell the Children, as that would just be covered in 2 minutes.

You think or know? What exactly do they tell the children then as sex education in schools in the UK is considered by many connected organizations to be sadly lacking.

You think or know? What exactly do they tell the children then as sex education in schools in the UK is considered by many connected organizations to be sadly lacking.

I think... As I have never attended one of them to be honest, although I would boycott my child from those classes if they were talking about it at my future childs school.

• Like 1

They seemed to care quite a bit in the 50s and 60s when it wasn't stuffed anywhere. So much so that a great man like Alan Turing committed suicide. The residue of that homophobic age still resides in the underbelly of Britain today.

They seemed to care quite a bit in the 50s and 60s when it wasn't stuffed anywhere. So much so that a great man like Alan Turing committed suicide. The residue of that homophobic age still resides in the underbelly of Britain today.

Never heard of him, but we are in the modern world now and more educated.

Can't remember the last time I seen anything on the news saying "Straight guy beats up gay guy" to be honest.

I think... As I have never attended one of them to be honest, although I would boycott my child from those classes if they were talking about it at my future childs school.

So you would rather a child grow up not understanding his or her feelings and that it's perfectly normal?

So you would rather a child grow up not understanding his or her feelings and that it's perfectly normal?

Nope - I will teach my child myself when the time is appropriate.

Can't remember the last time I seen anything on the news saying "Straight guy beats up gay guy" to be honest.

Never heard of him. More educated..........................well

I think that's pretty much the definition of an oxymoron..

Nope - I will teach my child myself when the time is appropriate.

I wasn't talking about your child but children in general.

Errrrrrrrrr How do you or any of us know they are gay if they are "closeted?"

If it wasn't so sad it would almost be funny watching someone make such a complete tit of themselves on a weather forum! I find it unfathomable, almost frightening that someone younger than me can have such a backwards prejudiced outlook - I had hoped we were moving forward as a society. Since your so keen on stereotypes, do you read the English edition of the Daily Mail?
  • Like 4

Never heard of him. More educated..........................well

Eh? Sorry if I missed the part where I was supposed to study about Gay people from before my time.

Just checked - 1954 ? OOOOOOOOOOOKAY. Posted Image

Jtay - Your post does not even deserve a reply, but i'll be sure to dig out my Gay Suicide book to catch up on History. Oh and just to add, "More Educated" in terms of the Gay Society, NOT people who have commited suicide in 1954.

I wasn't talking about your child but children in general.

Oh I see - Well I believe in teaching children as parents about sensetive subjects such as this.

Edited by Glenn W

I doubt it, they seem to like the attention.

I don't know any Gay people who are driven to dispair. Nopt denying some are not, but same goes for anything.

You have to remember something fundamental. We are Human.

Racism will always exist, persicution will always exist, "gay bashing" will always exist. We ain't a perfect race.

Time to move on, shut up about it, and get on with your lives.

To be honest I don't think "homophobia" truly exists. How can it be that bad when only 1.5% of the UK population is gay that we know of? The odds of meeting someone who is gay or encountering "homophobia" are quite low going by that statistic alone. So the programs on "homophobia" should be thrown in the bin as a waste of money.

Also all this gay sex education to little kiddies is sick and thoroughly unpleasant. Most would probably have nightmares at the thought of two grown men at it.

Watch until the end, it's worth it.

• Like 4

I don't see what the problem is.

But to say the establishment that put's 10s of thousands of children at risk has a say in the matter is a little odd in it'self.

Edited by Polar Maritime