Gay marriage bill passed in Scotland

It really isn't.

I give up.

We hear it often enough so it is enough evidence. Unless I'm going unexpectedly deaf. Posted Image

Edited by Gaz1985
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was unsure about gay people in general, living in a completely straight family and neighbourhood. I couldn't understand why people would want to have a relationship with the same sex because of my naivety on the subject. As fate would have it, I then went to University and I now live next door to a gay person and will be living with him and 6 others next year. I now totally understand why he likes the same sex and he's like any other human being, so now looking on the other end of the spectrum, I don't see the issue. The one thing that I find a little silly (and even my gay flatmate shares this view) is the 'gay parades' where they march through the streets with their rainbow flags. I have never liked the flaunting of sexuality even from those who are straight, being gay is really not a problem with the vast majority in the UK now so I feel as though the parades are not needed any more. 

Edited by PerfectStorm
  • Like 4

Well, as a Christian I do not support gay marriage anymore than I support gay practice. Now, I do not judge anyone, there is only one judge and if someone wants to be gay, that's up to them.

What I object to more, is where being Christian results in victimisation and discrimination. For example, and we have seen examples before where Christain B&B owners have been found guilty for not allowing gays to share a bed in their house.

It seems gays want to be treated equally but don't respect the rights of Christians?

It is also proven that Christian marriages are more stable than gay or non Christian marriages. Similarly, children of Christians are more likely to grow up and contribute more to society than the children of non Christian marriages. That is fact, take it or leave it.

• Like 3

Well, as a Christian I do not support gay marriage anymore than I support gay practice. Now, I do not judge anyone, there is only one judge and if someone wants to be gay, that's up to them.

Actually it's not up to them as you put it as if we pop out of the womb and say, "I'm going to be gay, whoopee". And as for only one judge..........well let's not go there.

It is also proven that Christian marriages are more stable than gay or non Christian marriages. Similarly, children of Christians are more likely to grow up and contribute more to society than the children of non Christian marriages. That is fact, take it or leave it.

Really, and where did this proof originate? In particular children of Christians are more likely to grow up and contribute more to society than the children of non Christian marriages. Not from the one who judges I hope.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 5

What I object to more, is where being Christian results in victimisation and discrimination. For example, and we have seen examples before where Christain B&B owners have been found guilty for not allowing gays to share a bed in their house.

Sorry MS, but in the example you've given; is it not the B&B owners that are guilty of victimising and discriminating?

Is anyone else utterly fed up of gay this, gay that saturating the media - barely a day goes by without some mention of it. Gay marriage, russian anti-gay laws, gay rights protests at the Winter Olympics, anti-homophobia messages in football, appeals for gay footballers and sportsmen to come out, Tom Daley, Clare Balding etc etc etc. What on Earth is the obsession with such a tiny minority of the population and their bedroom practices?

I suspect other, greater agendas are at work. The cultural Marxists, leftists and progressive liberals have jumped on it as a means to attack traditional, conservative Christian European society and culture which they despise and have such contempt for.

Edited by Bobby
  • Like 1

Is anyone else utterly fed up of gay this, gay that saturating the media - barely a day goes by without some mention of it. Gay marriage, russian anti-gay laws, gay rights protests at the Winter Olympics, anti-homophobia messages in football, appeals for gay footballers and sportsmen to come out, Tom Daley, Clare Balding etc etc etc. What on Earth is the obsession with such a tiny minority of the population and their bedroom practices?

I suspect other, greater agendas are at work. The cultural Marxists, leftists and progressive liberals have jumped on it as a means to attack traditional, conservative Christian European society and culture which they despise and have such contempt for.

It shouldnt be a big deal and be on the news, but as long as people are being discriminated against and don't have equal rights then of course it's going to be on the news.

One day no one will care and everyone will be equal, hopefully that day will not be too far away.

• Like 5

Heavens above, or below even. Cultural Marxists at work. So now wanting equality for gay people equates to destroying civilization as we know it. It seems to me religion has made a pretty good job of this over the years.

• Like 3

Sorry MS, but in the example you've given; is it not the B&B owners that are guilty of victimising and discriminating?

Yes. They opened their house to the public as a business, so they should have to adhere to the laws of any public service.

• Like 1

It shouldnt be a big deal and be on the news, but as long as people are being discriminated against and don't have equal rights then of course it's going to be on the news.

One day no one will care and everyone will be equal, hopefully that day will not be too far away.

One day we will be all equal...just that some will be more equal than others

• Like 1

To a true Christian, everyone is equal. Judge not, lest yourself be judged and so on. The idea that Christians hate homosexuals is just wrong, if they do then they aren't true Christians. Jesus loved homosexuals as much as he loved anyone else, doesn't mean he considered what they do was right however. Also in Christianity it is the act of doing that is wrong, not any homosexual inclinations or temptations. We all feel like doing something that is not right and pure, just because we want to do it doesn't make it justifiable.

So what you are saying, Bobby is that gay men and women should not act on their very natural instinct. They should, in fact suppress these instincts because it is frowned upon by some as being disgusting and unnatural. Imagine never being able to show love for someone because the object of that love is the same sex as you. Is it any wonder that many gay people commit suicide or end up deeply traumatised because they believe that they are less than human.

I am a believer although not a church goer and I know many more deeply Christian people who practice, not just tolerance but acceptance. I attend yearly GLBTQ fiction writers conferences and I know many, many Christian authors who accept gay men and women and their sexuality in all its aspects. IMO, it is the Church which seems to be fixated by others sexual practices and, far from not sucoming to temptation, it is the so-called Catholic Christian priests who seem to sucome all too readily to temptation.......usually with young boys.

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 6

Is it any wonder that many gay people commit suicide or end up deeply traumatised because they believe that they are less than human.

If they believe that then they are obviously not comfortable with being Gay. I don't understand why Gay's have to go on about it so much.

Where is my straight parade ? Straight pride ? Straight weekend ? "Get over it i'm straight" T-Shirt ? ..... They are no where, because its my life & I am insterested in me, not anybody else's business, or wondering what everyone else is thinking... The sooner they realise to stop blabbing about it all the better, and just get on with who you are.

My cousin is Gay, and she's married - I don't hear from her much, they both get on with their lives without having to shout from the rooftops that they are gay, just a normal couple.

P.S - Many people commit suicide, not just because they are Gay.

• Like 3

If they believe that then they are obviously not comfortable with being Gay. I don't understand why Gay's have to go on about it so much.

Where is my straight parade ? Straight pride ? Straight weekend ? "Get over it i'm straight" T-Shirt ? ..... They are no where, because its my life & I am insterested in me, not anybody else's business, or wondering what everyone else is thinking... The sooner they realise to stop blabbing about it all the better, and just get on with who you are.

My cousin is Gay, and she's married - I don't hear from her much, they both get on with their lives without having to shout from the rooftops that they are gay, just a normal couple.

P.S - Many people commit suicide, not just because they are Gay.

Because the gay community has until very, very recently been widely victimised and denied equal rights. Until they are completely equal with straight people then they have every right to shout from the rooftops. 

Nobody is stopping you from starting a "straight pride" march or whatever.

Some of the attitudes in this thread towards a trait of a human being that nobody has any control over are really disturbing.

• Like 4

Because the gay community has until very, very recently been widely victimised and denied equal rights. Until they are completely equal with straight people then they have every right to shout from the rooftops

They are more or less already equal. What difference is there ? What is the real difference that they can't shut up about it?

Nobody is stopping you from starting a "straight pride" march or whatever.

I am stopping me. Because I DONT CARE. I don't feel the need to spread the fact i'm straight.

Some of the attitudes in this thread towards a trait of a human being that nobody has any control over are really disturbing.

Well, debate over then ! This is the problem, nobody can discuss a certain topic, because if they don't agree with someone, that's it, they are sick in the head, or disturbed - If you could kindly post out Nick (if you are reffering to me) anything I have said that is disturbing towards a trait of a human being, i'll gladly hold my hands up.

My cousin is Gay, I have no problem with Gay's as long as it's not in my face, and that goes for straight people, dont do it in my face. Plus, her wedding was awesome, lots of hotties kissing other hotties.

They are more or less already equal. What difference is there ? What is the real difference that they can't shut up about it?

I am stopping me. Because I DONT CARE. I don't feel the need to spread the fact i'm straight.

Well, debate over then ! This is the problem, nobody can discuss a certain topic, because if they don't agree with someone, that's it, they are sick in the head, or disturbed - If you could kindly post out Nick (if you are reffering to me) anything I have said that is disturbing towards a trait of a human being, i'll gladly hold my hands up.

My cousin is Gay, I have no problem with Gay's as long as it's not in my face, and that goes for straight people, dont do it in my face. Plus, her wedding was awesome, lots of hotties kissing other hotties.

It wasn't aimed at you.

• Like 1

Good grief. So it has nothing to do with their being persecuted and driven to despair because of this?

As for straight pride, when was the last time a straight person got so much as threatened for being straight? I'm not a fan of gay parades and I certainly don't think gay people should feel the need to act in a certain camp way because they're gay, but as long as people are discriminated against, abused and even killed for being gay the need to promote gay awareness will continue. It's not so much a matter of being proud of your sexuality but more a matter of not being ashamed of it - and not being intimidated into being as such.

We have people on this very forum openly saying how they think homosexuality is wrong. Gaz1985 a few weeks back even said how he hates gay people and thinks it's a good thing! What are gay people viewing this forum supposed to feel about that? And why should they put up with such crap?

I'm sure gay people will mind their own business when homophobes mind theirs.

Nail. Head. Hit. 

I'm sure gay people will mind their own business when homophobes mind theirs.

I doubt it, they seem to like the attention.

What are gay people viewing this forum supposed to feel about that? And why should they put up with such crap?

Just get over it and laugh it off.

when was the last time a straight person got so much as threatened for being straight?

I don't know, I don't search for such things.

So it has nothing to do with their being persecuted and driven to despair because of this?

I don't know any Gay people who are driven to dispair. Nopt denying some are not, but same goes for anything.

• Like 1

I don't know any Gay people who are driven to dispair. Nopt denying some are not, but same goes for anything.

Ok, now I have an issue with your post. So they should laugh off a clear prejudice against them? And they don't search for such things!!! Good grief.

Baseless accusation and generalisation.

Much easier to do that knowing that others are more supportive and welcoming to you in the "Community". Much harder to do that knowing that others are tacitly siding with the gay-bashers.

It was a rhetorical question. I'm sure you know it just doesn't happen.

I fail to see the relevance. People turning to hopelessness and suicide for reasons other than gay-bashing doesn't mean gay-bashing itself doesn't have serious consequences.

• Like 5

Baseless accusation and generalisation.

Much easier to do that knowing that others are more supportive and welcoming to you in the "Community". Much harder to do that knowing that others are tacitly siding with the gay-bashers.

It was a rhetorical question. I'm sure you know it just doesn't happen.

I fail to see the relevance. People turning to hopelessness and suicide for reasons other than gay-bashing doesn't mean gay-bashing itself doesn't have serious consequences.

You have to remember something fundamental. We are Human.

Racism will always exist, persicution will always exist, "gay bashing" will always exist. We ain't a perfect race.

Time to move on, shut up about it, and get on with your lives.

• Like 3