Gay marriage bill passed in Scotland

totally agree, it's just i do have some reservations at how far liberal policies should go. On the one hand it would be naive to think that drugs are banned so nobody takes ecstacy, cocaine and weed. So, thus calls are made for legalising some stuff. Regarding cannabis, i'm unsure if it's just the unknown i'm afraid of or if it would do serious harm to our society. the problem with legalising it is the government would have to open up shops selling it in order to stop criminals making vast sums of money from the industry, it would have to be regulated etc. Also, over a long period of time it will do damage to you. I think a middle ground should be found where those who are in chronic pain and need it for medical purposes should be allowed to have it, although again they could sell it make profit, exploit the state's generousity. It's a difficult issue. 

I also, think it is wrong to marginalise Christians who do take their religion seriously. I mean their views in society should be heard even if one disagrees with them

A new report from the Open Society Global Drug Policy Program lays out what Dutch policymakers have done and how they have fared. Authored by social scientists Jean-Paul Grund and Joost Breeksema of the Addiction Research Center in Utrecht, the report, Coffee Shops and Compromise: Separated Illicit Drug Markets in the Netherlands tells the history of the Dutch approach and describes the ongoing success of the country's drug policy.

This includes the separation of the more prevalent marijuana market from hard drug dealers. In the Netherlands, only 14% of cannabis users say they can get other drugs from their sources for cannabis. By contrast in Sweden, for example, 52% of cannabis users report that other drugs are available from cannabis dealers. That separation of hard and soft drug markets has limited Dutch exposure to drugs like heroin and crack cocaine and led to Holland having the lowest number of problem drug users in the European Union, the report found.

Pragmatic Dutch drug policies have not been limited to marijuana. The Netherlands has been a pioneer in harm reduction measures, such as needle exchanges and safe consumption sites, has made drug treatment easy to access, and has decriminalized the possession of small quantities of all drugs. As a result, in addition to having the lowest number of problem drug users, Holland has virtually wiped out new HIV infections among injection drug users. And, because of decriminalization, Dutch citizens have been spared the burden of criminal records for low-level, nonviolent offenses.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2013/jul/18/legalization_looming_lessons_net

• Like 3
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Homosexual activists pressure Ireland, Serbia, Kosovo, Russia, Nigeria, Uganda, India and Malta.http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/homosexual-activists-pressure-ireland-serbia-kosovo-russia-nigeria-uganda-I

Vladimir Putin responded to critics, saying that while homosexuals should feel welcome at the Sochi Olympics, he asked them to “leave children in peaceâ€.

“We don’t have a ban on non-traditional sexual relations,†he said at a meeting with Olympic village volunteers. “We have a ban on promoting homosexuality and paedophilia among minors.â€

Very sensible of Putin totally agree.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Homosexual activists pressure Ireland, Serbia, Kosovo, Russia, Nigeria, Uganda, India and Malta. 

Very sensible of Putin totally agree.

Total drivel and distasteful drivel at that.

Vladimir Putin responded to critics, saying that while homosexuals should feel welcome at the Sochi Olympics, he asked them to “leave children in peaceâ€.

There is no connection whatsoever between homosexuality and paedophilia.

• Like 7

Why has he brought a new law out then,he must know something about what`s really going on with this push into schools about homosexual education.

Check another link.

http://seeingredaz.wordpress.com/2009/12/10/radical-homosexual-agenda-invading-public-schools/

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Why has he brought a new law out then,he must know something about what`s really going on with this push into schools about homosexual education.

Check another link.

http://seeingredaz.wordpress.com/2009/12/10/radical-homosexual-agenda-invading-public-schools/

Ahh... "Radical Homosexual Agenda" 7am: Wake up and personal admin0730: Have Coffee0800: Go to Work1800: Shopping - milk, bread, eggs1900: Corrupt children1915: conference call world leaders - takeover terms.What utter crud!

• Like 6

Why has he brought a new law out then,he must know something about what`s really going on with this push into schools about homosexual education.Check another link.http://seeingredaz.wordpress.com/2009/12/10/radical-homosexual-agenda-invading-public-schools/

And what could be going on, pray. What could possibly be harmful about teaching children and young adults about acceptance of other sexual orientations. I say acceptance...........not just tolerance but ACCEPTANCE. It is absolutely criminal that this so-called leader is allowing a new generation to grow up as ignorant bigots and homophobes. Just like him, in fact. And IMO, the level of bigotry and homophobia I've seen on this thread is horrific. Maybe you agree with the bigoted Russian actor who wanted all gays to be burnt alive in ovens.....because THEY are a threat to his children. I pity his children.
  • Like 4

And IMO, the level of bigotry and homophobia I've seen on this thread is horrific. Maybe you agree with the bigoted Russian actor who wanted all gays to be burnt alive in ovens.....because THEY are a threat to his children. I pity his children.

... and perhaps the somewhat infamous germanic dictator who actually did it here and there too?The fact is, LGBT+ people are, unsurprisingly, people too. Perfectly normal people. Between around 4 to 8 percent of people. They have jobs... families... mothers... some have children - perfectly healthy and fine upstanding children oftentimes - just like straight people.Why shouldn't they be treated as equal to the rest of the population? Why shouldn't they have the same rights and responsibilities and be allowed to get on with their lives?

• Like 4

And what could be going on, pray. What could possibly be harmful about teaching children and young adults about acceptance of other sexual orientations. I say acceptance...........not just tolerance but ACCEPTANCE. It is absolutely criminal that this so-called leader is allowing a new generation to grow up as ignorant bigots and homophobes. Just like him, in fact.And IMO, the level of bigotry and homophobia I've seen on this thread is horrific. Maybe you agree with the bigoted Russian actor who wanted all gays to be burnt alive in ovens.....because THEY are a threat to his children. I pity his children.

Agreed. Some of the views being exhibited in this thread repulse me. Linking homosexuals and paedophilia is no different to denouncing a certain race as inferior.

• Like 3

What a load of conservative christian b******s. How anyone can even listen to these nutters is beyond me.

Sadly, there are plenty in America and elsewhere that do. But hey, religion is the root of morals...apparently!

Sadly, there are plenty in America and elsewhere that do. But hey, religion is the root of morals...apparently!

There seem to be few closer to home. I agree with K on this. Some of the bigoted posts on this thread and another have confirmed my faith in human nature.

• Like 1

To be honest, if there were some kind of super secret conspiracy from some secret volcanic lair with lovely drapes and soft furnishings to converst the western world to a pro-gay stance, (What the hell is a "pro-gay" culture anyway!?), then who cares anyway?What, exactly, is wrong with gay people that we should be living in a society where they are looked down on? Why on earth should any group of human beings be looked down on in such a way? Be denied the opportunity to be next of Kin for those they are closest to, be denied employment on the basis of their sexuality, be at increased risk of violence, suffer disproportionately with the likes of depression and anxiety due to the crap thrown at them... etc.I don't want to live in a world where the opposite of some invented "pro-gay culture" was normal. It'd be inhumane...... and frankly, to put stock in the idea of such a huge conspiracy to obtain equal rights and standing is nothing but rank homophobia. There's a lot of it about - but thankfully, the grand majority of people no longer believe that people like Alan Turing should be driven to suicide.

... and with that said - I'm outta here. This doesn't seem to be a serious discussion any more. It's become more of an advertisement for bigoted views. I'm off to snuggle with my girlfriend and eat skittles.

Edited by crimsone
  • Like 6

Interesting talk here.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTQeodDbQN4&feature=player_detailpage

No. These videos and links you are posting are not "interesting". It just confirms that the homophobes are just that.

• Like 2

Interesting talk here.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTQeodDbQN4&feature=player_detailpage

Not interesting, bigoted in that he's stupid enough to think that homosexuality, incest and underage marriage are in any way linked, and the word is incestuous, not incestual. Doh!

• Like 1
Posted (edited) · Hidden by shuggee, February 13, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by shuggee, February 13, 2014 - No reason given

That's a bit irrelevant really. How would leglising cannabis affect you if you don't intend to smoke it?, How would creating a red light district affect you if you don't intend to go there?, How would making the drink drive limit higher affect you if you don't drink and drive? None of these things would directly affect you but you believe they would be a bad thing for our society as a whole. Thus, if someone was religious they will believe it is not a positive step for our society, regardless of if it doesn't affect them directly. 

totally agree, it's just i do have some reservations at how far liberal policies should go.

My general line on this is, if something is prohibited mainly because it is considered different, then it should be allowed, for such restrictions generally serve to suppress individuality (thus reducing the ability of indviduals to make the most of their strengths without being condemned for it) and not a lot else.

If, on the other hand, one reason for prohibiting it is that it introduces a significant risk of harmful effects being imposed on others, then that's a different matter, and the pros and cons should be weighed up against each other before committing to a decision.

I am 99% convinced that homosexuality and paedophilia get lumped together purely because both are considered different.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, so is sensitivity in men, which contributes to the popular association between men showing affection towards other people's children, and men wanting to molest other people's children, despite the limited statistical basis behind it, to quote just one example.

Things should be allowed, or not allowed, depending on whether or not they are likely to impose harmful effects on others, not depending on whether or not they conform to arbitrary norms on the basis, "Because we said so" or "Because our particular interpretation of a religious text says so".  Prohibiting things purely because they are different contributes heavily to people developing prejudices like "Homosexuality = paedophilia".  If you were to locate instances of people being bullied for being different at school, and asked the bullies to give their reasons, I'm sure you'd come across even more ridiculous ones.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers