Posted Image

a breezy but not overstrong north west to west and cold wind

some pretty cold air incoming but looks dry

now friday

Posted Image

all acedemic at present as need to see what happens wednesday first

but note

that low incoming from the west looks worrying

also there is a chance of some  wintry showers with the low passing which is to our east there

almost under 528 dam air as well

• Like 2

Posted

ecm 12z ensembles

Posted Image

not warm or cold

ecm looks like an outlier by ecm op so fi the 8th

Posted Image

see a spread on the 5th there which is when we see that low cause problems on wednesday

they also show saturday as well

Posted Image

rainfall

fi on the 7th as a big split there

so

until the lows are resolved this week i havent got a clue what happens next

• Like 3

Posted

Morning all. Here we are laying in a four poster bed Eastwell manor, just watching the sun rise, with the golf course in the background and the fountain in the foreground. What a beautiful sight. Shame about the one laying next to me, putting it nicely I think you could call her hungover and most certainly bedraggled. He's whom must be obeyed 60th birthday bash yesterday was a great success, lovely room, great food, excellent company. The grand kids run around and had fun, the grown over indulged in the wine department. Marion loves having the grand kids around her and was in her element yesterday. It was the first time in two years that we all managed to get together as a complete family. For some reason the slowly deflating helium ballon residing in our bedroom reminds me of my bank balance, funny what goes through a half awake befuddled brain at 7 in the morning.

Oh well better get up and go for our cooked breakfast, then the nasty bit, we got to pay for it. Please send all the donations to help the bankrupt grandparents care off charltonkerry. Thank you.

Cheers Bj notice you didn't want the wife? Was going make some other reference to the slowly deflating ballon but thought I might get banned a very cheeky smiley thingy :-)

Dry with a slight frost and sunny apart from the sun not up yet :-)

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Hi Damp, windswept southerners

So, here we go again. Another week, another soaking and having bits of our houses blown into the distance while we mop up. Across the street, a TV arial swings gently in the morning breeze from a stout chimney, suspended by a thread of co-axial. Later in the week it might be in the front garden.

Anywhoo, glad you had a great party CK, hope the checkout process goes smoothly (always a stressful moment I find).

I am claiming the first barbeque of the year. As it was largely dry, our South African friends lit up, got the tinnies flowing and choons was pumpin'. Chilly outside though.

That followed an eye candy party on Saturday during which skinny eastern european females partied delicately, sashaying slinkily around an expensive home in Wimbledon. Dont know how I got home. But I made it.

Battenning down now for the impending onslaught

Oh and in common with a few others on here, we have guinea pigs. Had to rescue one from under the shed on Sunday morning. Felt heroic. Probably wasn't.

Have a good day !

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Lovely, sunny but chilly here with blue sky and a gentle breeze.

Slept heavily but woke up about seven AM coughing and spluttering. Damned lurgy. :( Hope my fellow sufferers are feeling better today.

Have a good day, everyone and I hope the floods start receding soon for those affected. Stay safe and dry if you can. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Posted Image

Hi Robin,

I know how you feel. My 5 yo was throwing all day and night and now im in work and also feel really sick....blooming winter sickness bugs.....I cant go home either as I wont get paid if i do...grrr..

Hope you feel better soon mate.

L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

I'm feeling rather bright and breezy here this morning a bit like the weather - full of energy and ready to face the week ahead (it must have been Mr P's beef stew and dumplings yesterday that did it) 

Hope those with the lurgy recover soon - I'm going to bounce off to the shops this morning before it rains  - TTFN Posted Image

Posted Image 

Before I go out can we try to remember these regional threads were set up to talk about local conditions and your thoughts on how things are panning out over the days ahead so can we try to keep things vaguely on topic please, basically as someone pointed out and I said in my opening post on this thread if you mention the weather somewhere in your post you normally get away with it... but just post an 'emoticon' (especially one of these Posted Image ) or something that really adds nothing to our friendly chats (which I have no problem with) and discussions and I'll set AJ on you with his pruning shears!

Posted Image  ta - Ali x

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 4

Posted

Serious question MK is what I do ok? Or would you rather I didn't, got no problem if you rather I didn't write my dribble.

Sunny intervals at present felt chilly this morning :-)

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 1

Morning all,

I'm feeling rather bright and breezy here this morning a bit like the weather - full of energy and ready to face the week ahead (it must have been Mr P's beef stew and dumplings yesterday that did it) 

Hope those with the lurgy recover soon - I'm going to bounce off to the shops this morning before it rains  - TTFN Posted Image

Posted Image

Before I go out can we try to remember these regional threads were set up to talk about local conditions and your thoughts on how things are panning out over the days ahead so can we try to keep things vaguely on topic please, basically as someone pointed out and I said in my opening post on this thread if you mention the weather somewhere in your post you normally get away with it... but just post an 'emoticon' (especially one of these Posted Image ) or something that really adds nothing to our friendly chats (which I have no problem with) and discussions and I'll set AJ on you with his pruning shears!

Posted Image  ta - Ali x

Maybe it would be easier if when this happens a quick PM is sent to the people responsible, a similiar thing should have happend a week ago.  I think we are all grown up people in this area and sometimes it does feel like being at school.

Sorry Ali, not in a good mood this morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Jesus..Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not sure I like how it looks now, yesterday it looked like it might downgrade.

Posted

This is very sad.....hope they find the guy however I doubt it with the strength of the river at the moment Posted Image

The link isn't working, here is the story: 

A special police marine unit is searching the River Stour this morning after a man was spotted in the water.

Emergency crews were called to the swollen river after the sighting near the Kingsmead depot at 7.20am.

A woman called 999 after seeing the man and becoming concerned for his welfare because of the temperature of the water.

Posted Image
Emergency crews at the scene. @kic_canterbury

The man smiled at the woman and gestured the "peace" sign with his hand, but had disappeared when she looked again.

A police helicopter and fire crews were called in to help with the search, but the man has not yet been found.

Edited by Ben Capee McInnes

Posted

Join the club - I'm in a right old mood this morning and I can't even blame this one on PMT!

Still, on a positive note, it was a lovely day yesterday, we made the most of the sunshine and took a drive out to Poll Hill Garden Centre (never thought I would end up doing what my parents did on a Sunday when I was young and hated having to go with them!!)

Back to work today - it's at least still dry, but quite a bit of cloud about.  Tuesday night into Wednesday is looking a tad wet and windy.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Serious question MK is what I do ok? Or would you rather I didn't, got no problem if you rather I didn't write my dribble.

I think we all like reading your contributions to the regional thread CK, it's nothing personal against you or anyone else but there have been quite a few posts deleted or pruned in here recently which were not suitable or relevant to this thread at all - there is always the lounge area for less weather related stuff, in fact the very under used banter thread has the opposite rules to here, if you mention anything weather related in there you get time out on the naughty step Posted Image

Maybe it would be easier if when this happens a quick PM is sent to the people responsible, a similiar thing should have happend a week ago.  I think we are all grown up people in this area and sometimes it does feel like being at school.

You may feel it's a bit harsh but it’s in the interests of keeping the thread running smoothly, as I've said it's nothing personal we just need to try and make sure everybody can enjoy using Netweather without undue spam/off topic posting/aggressive posting/offensive posting or in this case some posts starting to drift too far away from weather and region based discussion.

The team are all in pretty much in agreement with the fact that this regional thread is going to be more chatty and sociable, if you look at any of the other regional’s then you will see that this one tends to be more ‘off topic’ than any of the others which is something we are all guilty of at times and is mostly fine as long as it's not drowning out any informative posts, I think we are a great bunch who all enjoy the happy atmosphere in here and I certainly don't want to see that change Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 5

Posted

Morning all. :)

just finished housework and thought i would look in on things. lovely start to the day here. will get dog out soon in the sun. back to work for me tomorrow, so be nice to get one more day of dry.

oh, before the banning stick comes out .... 7.5C sunny, cool breeze and dry here in SE18. hoping it will not get too hilly this afternoon/evening; got to take daughter to Kent FA footy training in Sittingbourne later.

(for those who posted earlier about Snow Watch...

Crazy Snowfan was not that crazy.. in fact after a very heated argument one night with him and Mr Farkin (i may be mistaken) he posted a post in the most correct and grammaticaly precise manner which put a few people in their place. got the impression he was very well educated.

Will it snow??? was actually our own Micheal from Carlise. he was always asking the question and upsetting people by it. but to be honest he was very young then and in truth probably asked over and over again because quite simply, i dont think he ever got a straight informed answer.

there were a few other posters of note*. Stephen Prudence, Lady Penelope and, of course Paul. who went on to create Netweather!

*sorry if i've forgotten a few names )

• Like 2

Posted

It's true this thread gets a bit non weather related chatty but that's only when there's 'no' weather going on... once interesting weather starts happening we all change subject straight back on topic...

Anyways, looks like I won't bother fixing the fence panel damaged last week for another week yet! Quite a nice day here in the City at the moment.

• Like 2

I think we all like reading your contributions to the regional thread CK, it's nothing personal against you or anyone else but there have been quite a few posts deleted or pruned in here recently which were not suitable or relevant to this thread at all - there is always the lounge area for less weather related stuff, in fact the very under used banter thread has the opposite rules to here, if you mention anything weather related in there you get time out on the naughty step Posted Image

You may feel it's a bit harsh but it’s in the interests of keeping the thread running smoothly, as I've said it's nothing personal we just need to try and make sure everybody can enjoy using Netweather without undue spam/off topic posting/aggressive posting/offensive posting or in this case some posts starting to drift too far away from weather and region based discussion.

The team are all in pretty much in agreement with the fact that this regional thread is going to be more chatty and sociable, if you look at any of the other regional’s then you will see that this one tends to be more ‘off topic’ than any of the others which is something we are all guilty of at times and is mostly fine as long as it's not drowning out any informative posts, I think we are a great bunch who all enjoy the happy atmosphere in here and I certainly don't want to see that change Posted Image

Sorry I disagree and it's probably time for me to take a rest from this forum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Going quite dark here.....Nothing on Radar though....

Those charts that Luke posted look a little worrying at a time when the ground is so wet and the trees could well be coming down quite easily.....Definately one to watch.

do we have any idea of gust and wind speed from that?

L

Posted

Going quite dark here.....Nothing on Radar though....

Those charts that Luke posted look a little worrying at a time when the ground is so wet and the trees could well be coming down quite easily.....Definately one to watch.

do we have any idea of gust and wind speed from that?

L

Met Office showing gusts between 30-50 here in SE London for 5th.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Just stepped outside and it's really Spring like out there. Hard to believe its set to change tonight/tomorrow. I think our daffs are having a nervous breakdown. Poor things....I know how they feel. :O

Met office wants 60mph inland..

Gales accompanied by heavy rain will continue northeastwards overnight, the gales swinging into the west by morning but still with the potential for gusts to around 70 mph in coastal areas, possibly 80 mph in the far southwest. Inland gusts to around 60 mph are likely. A gradual change to more showery conditions is expected on Wednesday but still with some longer spells of rain, which could mean that some areas see accumulations of 20-30 mm in 24 hours, perhaps even 40 mm over southwestern hills.The public should be aware of the risk of disruption from either the wind or rain elements in this warning, which have almost equal prominence during this period. Additionally, large waves and high tides mean a further risk of flooding in some coastal areas.

Yellow warning!

Issued at: 

1126 on Mon 3 Feb 2014

Valid from: 0005 on Wed 5 Feb 2014

Valid to: 2300 on Wed 5 Feb 2014

Edited by Surrey

Posted

Sorry I disagree and it's probably time for me to take a rest from this forum.

Chin up Chris, we all have bad days occasionally.Posted Image

It's a rather pleasant day here, quite bright with the sun breaking through more often than not. 8c at the moment. I'm really not liking the Met Office warnings for our region on Wednesday and Friday and count mysellf lucky that in the 15 years  I've lived here I have only had one very minor flooding issue.

Stay safe folks. Posted Image

• Like 4