Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

18:59 1 of 2 - Crews from Welwyn Garden City, @HertfordFire & Our Water Rescue Team from Hatfield attended 2 cars stuck in flood water on...2 of 2 - Horns Mill Road, Hertford. A rescue sledge was used to rescue 7 persons from their cars.

1 of 2 - If a road has been closed due to flooding, please DO NOT IGNORE IT! Numerous cars are getting stuck on the B158 near Hertford...

Herts Fire Control â€@HertsFRSControl

2 of 2 - due to people ignoring signs, moving cones & driving through the flood water. 7 people have just had to be rescued from their cars.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

18:59 1 of 2 - Crews from Welwyn Garden City, @HertfordFire & Our Water Rescue Team from Hatfield attended 2 cars stuck in flood water on...2 of 2 - Horns Mill Road, Hertford. A rescue sledge was used to rescue 7 persons from their cars.

1 of 2 - If a road has been closed due to flooding, please DO NOT IGNORE IT! Numerous cars are getting stuck on the B158 near Hertford...

2 of 2 - due to people ignoring signs, moving cones & driving through the flood water. 7 people have just had to be rescued from their cars.

You have to question some people's intelligence, as David Attenborough said a few months ago...we are now devolving! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

One thing I'm happy about, is that the sea temps are going to have a much bigger head start to this year due to no cold. Yeah, I bet flashes are clearly visible from pompey and Bognor etc

one way to find out... ( When maintenance is finished) http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

Posted

sounds a  bit woolly  out side  not  liking  tus/wed storm  deepening at each  update  dare  say coast will say something  about  later

post-4629-0-45932500-1391287580_thumb.pn

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Posted (edited) · Hidden by snow raven, February 1, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by snow raven, February 1, 2014 - No reason given

Morning all, hope you are well. Big weekend, her indoors big 60th birthday bash tomorrow, the whole family gathering together for a meal, 3 generations ranging from four weeks to 70, at least I would be the eldest. Her birthdays on the 5th, so can someone remind to get her card out, yes I brought her one, not only that its a nice romantic one, that will surprise her. As per usual I am in the dog house, I couldn't resist it, it was one of those moments that don't come along very often now days, you know those cuddles moment, I had to say it, and she hit me, well I thought it was romantic, after the initial innocent cuddle, I said "that the first time time I ever cuddled a wrinkly". The family photo should look good with me standing there with a black eye. I just don't know why I have to do it, but I do, and she loves me really. I think our relationship is the perfect relationship and should be copied, it's based on the old formula of a love hate relationship, you know what coming don't you, so I won't disappoint, yes she loves to hate me :-).Better stop there as one day she might read this. Just finished reading a fascinating book mostly concerning a local regiment, the royal west Kent's, whom my father fought with during the Second World War out in Burma, my father was the nicest, gentle, mam mountain, you could meet. He never talked about the war (as is common with all that fought out their), all I knew was he was an expert in explosives, and that he was to valuable to fight in a battle called Kohima and he was behind the Japanese line for around 6 months during this battle, as he said just blowing every thing up. Anyway the book "not ordinary men" didn't deal with what he did (wasn't a Chindit) but dealt with the actual battle (often called the battle of the tennis court as it was fought for a month over the narrow width of the tennis court) it was 800 v around 13000, the battle was hand to hand, during the monsoon season, continual rain and ankle deep mud, oh and it was in the jungle. I think I read it was the most numbers of VC's awarded in any battle fought by the British. Sorry getting a bit emotional, these lads in there 20's and from around Kent, back up with some welsh. Fought and defeated the japenenese and turned a disaster into a victory. If you are interested in history and bravery then might I suggest you have a read about it. I was amazed. Their are still one or 2 alive who fought out there, and the 70 anniversary is approaching in April. These lads deserve to be finally recognised, they where know as the forgotten army and they still are, you never hear mention of there outstanding feats, and I don't understand why, the fighting in Burma was horrific, and wgphere mostly undertaken by the "county regiments" ie Essex, Royal west Kent's etc. my next book I got for Christmas is about Arnhem so watch out, I will be boring you about that shortly :-).Weather wise its seem dry out, its alway better to wait until sunrise before committing to the external weather, it's actually a very nice day out, feels chilly, no frost etc. mightt be a nice day for a wander in the country.

I feel your pain. Husband whacked me last week... in the car with him driving so I couldn't whack him back or we'd have crashed. Got bruised mouth. And he hasn't apologised. All started last Friday when my dog was STOLEN by this lunatic of a neighbour and found on Sunday 27 miles away with his name tag ripped off. It was the worst w/e of my life spent looking for him. Police useless as usual - even though I had the numberplate and a good description of the driver who was this neighbour's oldest son. My husband said if I told the police who did it, we'd get more problems and so I called him a coward. WHAM!

If you lose a dog DogLost.co.uk is your friend - register your dogs or cats with them and you stand a very good chance of getting them back as it's all FB's and Twittered... anyway, I said I wanted to fence in the front garden (with MY money) so it couldn't happen again. But husband very ansty about anything to do with the house. Two can play at that game. Not washing or ironing any of his clothes or anything else until he apologises.

Dad was one of the FEPOWs on the Burma-Siam Railway your Dad helped release... he's 95 and we went to The Railway Man première - met Colin Firth and Jeremy Irvine but most especially 13 other veterans some older than Dad - go and see it and feel better about yourself - nothing is as bad as that.

So big thank you to your Dad - as he's a very brave man and you should be very proud of him. If he hadn't risked life and limb, my Dad (and therefore ME) wouldn't be around. I suppose a couple of atomic bombs helped of course.

post-8078-0-12077600-1391288831_thumb.jp

Edited by No-Time Toulouse
Last paragraph removed.

I must admit that this is a very interesting site, such a shame we don't have any cameras over this side of the country. 

http://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/

Some of the river levels are amazing, I keep looking at this camera and don't think many people will be using the locks for a few days

http://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/live-webcams/central/Severn/Diglis-Lock/

• Like 1

Posted

tonight

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

chilly if skys clear

showers more likely overnight to the north of the region

other than that mainly dry and fog likely locally

a slim chance of the odd frost but more than likely not

windy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a weak south westerly flow

easy this dry with sunny spells

temps

Posted Image

6-8 degrees

a slim chance the south of our region may be plagued by mist and low cloud

this will mean v cold conditions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a weak south westerly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

none Posted Image

temps

Posted Image

cold

a frost is likely tonight

as is fog on the south coast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

monday

Posted Image

a gusty southerly flow

rain

Posted Image

again looks to stay dry all day Posted Image

down side will probably be cloudy

temps

Posted Image

around 6-8 degrees

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

monday night

Posted Image

a breezy but not strong south west wind

rain

Posted Image

incoming around midnight

and some heavy for a couple of hours

then trough following in after giving a spell of heavy and potentially stormy for a while

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

no frost due as rain will keep temps up

chilly though around 5 degrees

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday

Posted Image

a gusty south west wind

rainfall

Posted Image

starts dry

then trough incoming giving some heavy showers

however looks to clear up pm

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

will feel quite raw when the rain-poss hail showers clear

somewhere around 5-7 degrees

will be back later with the rest

Edited by john pike
  • Like 5

Posted

http://www.solarham.net/regions/map.htm

http://www.solarham.net/regions/1967.htm

that sunspot 1967 is a biggie

alerts

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/warnings_timeline.html

some uptake but not big yet

normally i would want this quiet to help shift the jet south

however if this gets lively it may help shift the jet to our north

not great for cold but a better chance for dry

then see what happens after

nao

Posted Image

certainly positive now

anyway still plenty of time yet for coldies

first thing is lose them nasty incoming storms

although we may have a little wait ( end of next week) before we see things hopefully ease off

Edited by john pike
  • Like 2

Posted

Posted

Absolutely Mark, Looked through output and comments for next week and I have to say we as the UK are heading for an extremely severe flooding situation. If I were apart of COBRA and the Environment agency etc, Plans now need to be made to protect the public in certain locations,Even evacuations . Its already been confirmed that January was the wettest ever really for over 250 years. I think also now, In any output I will just be looking for that break in the current extreme dire pattern that's gone on for way to long, Winter for me as of today has taken a back seat. I also think that certain people who make LRF'S and charge for them (Not NW) need to realise they have no clue nor how its going to pan out. Some people out there take these forecasts  as gospel only to be left with utter disappointment and distress when reality kicks in. Genuinely as a male...My thoughts and heart goes out to all those affected by this Atlantic on-onslaught  that basically needs to *!ss off. Its going to take months to sort it all out. Seriously need to pray that Mother nature grants us a long dry summer. Sorry folks rant over.

Couldn't agree anymore. I agree with your sentiments and living close to areas prone to flooding just a week or so after it happened looks likely to occur again it's a sad time and thoughts with them. This week is going to be a real test for authorities and for those who are likely to be affected.Let's hope some light at the end of the tunnel soon!
  • Like 2

Posted

Herts Fire Control â€@HertsFRSControl8m

Herts Fire Control â€@HertsFRSControl15m

12m

No rain today, but the lower hatfield road, is flooded! Here is the lower road this morning, upto 3ft in places

post-2895-0-72519600-1391292758_thumb.jp

post-2895-0-30612600-1391292784_thumb.jp

post-2895-0-46415800-1391292807_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Posted

There are 41 #Flood Warnings & 145 Flood Alerts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all, had a great day in London today :) One thing which shocked me was the lack of fields between here and London, they have been replaced by lakes Posted Image

With more wind and rain by the bucket load coming up, I really fear for those who are close to the water line at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted

Here's what the EC model predicts we'll get rain-wise in the next 10 days for those worried about flooding. Words fail me.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Here's what the EC model predicts we'll get rain-wise in the next 10 days for those worried about flooding. Words fail me.

Posted Image

hi jason

after the recent deluge

i would take that for the south east at present

the highest 38mm over 10 days

however the south west and wales is a different matter

Edited by john pike
  • Like 1

Posted

Monster wave. I hope nobody was walking about on that cliff. - today in Cornwall !!!!

Posted Image

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Flood warning for the river Colne, crazy to think that its only a 5 minute walk away!

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Poor Ireland is getting battered. I feel so sorry for all those dealing with this atrocious weather. Just awful.

• Like 2