Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all (well it is just about morning anyway).

A very bright and sunny one here but can see (and hear) it is still rather windy out there, not been out yet but will do at some point, amazed at how nice it is to see a clear blue sky for a change.

Had a mini lazy morning and stayed in bed rather later than normal (most days I am up by 05:30) but has since done some cleaning and other housework (more to do but that can wait a bit).

Hope you all have a fab day.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hope you all have a fab day.

You too Jason - had a lazy start here as well but are both working later, just had a roll and some crumpet for brunch ! Still got blue sky and sunshine so feeling quite happy and contented today :-)
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Hi all

Along with many of you, woke up to the sound of a howling gale and rain smashing into the bedroom window. And yet today we are greeted with the most beautiful sunshine.

The outhouse i repaired with new roof sheets is still going strong- the guinea pigs seem happy enough, Nibbles and Hercules are packing on the pounds as they grow into adolescents.

• Like 1

Posted

WOW!

Just went into the kitchen to make a fresh cuppa and when I looked out the window a Red Kite flew past, swooped in slowly and low against the wind, have seen them over here quite a lot but that was the closest yet for me.  Managed to follow it for a while but difficult as it was to my south and the sun made it harder to track.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

The Orwell looks a tad further up than normal, and he's very choppy. This photo is from bedroom window so can't see it that well......

post-17085-0-70769700-1391257904_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

WOW!

Just went into the kitchen to make a fresh cuppa and when I looked out the window a Red Kite flew past, swooped in slowly and low against the wind, have seen them over here quite a lot but that was the closest yet for me.  Managed to follow it for a while but difficult as it was to my south and the sun made it harder to track.

Oddly enough i have just seen 1 out of my kitchen window, Always around here. The Pigeons and Jackdaws go nuts.

• Like 4

Posted

Oddly enough i have just seen 1 out of my kitchen window, Always around here. The Pigeons and Jackdaws go nuts.

:lol: yes the local pigeons and doves here all went bonkers too, fantastic to see them all the same, they are the success story of re-introduction and I hope many other plants and animals that have been in decline can be too.

Some more cloud moving in now, shame as I was enjoying seen the sun for once.

• Like 2

Posted

Flooding, Storm surges and relentless damage all from the Atlantic.

Ireland Past 24 hours.

Limerick--------Posted Image

Limerick-------Posted Image

High tide & swell surge causing big flooding

Posted Image

Men abandoning cars to wade through water and reach their homes in St Mary's.

Posted Image

Extensive flooding in Corbally,Shannon bursts banks

Posted Image

Dock road major flooding Limerick

Doolin Pier-- -Posted Image

All the repair work from 3 wks ago again destroyed at Doolin Pier

Back Home....Herts Fire Control â€@HertsFRSControl

1/2 Welwyn Garden City and Hertford crews attended reports of a elderly person in car stuck in flood water on Greens Lane, Lemsford

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Afternoon all. :)

Well I've seen snow in the UK this winter, in Devon of all places this morning. :huh: Not even a particularly elevated location either. Enough to whiten the landscape slightly, but not enough to excite normally

• Like 6

Posted

Posted Image yes the local pigeons and doves here all went bonkers too, fantastic to see them all the same, they are the success story of re-introduction and I hope many other plants and animals that have been in decline can be too.

Some more cloud moving in now, shame as I was enjoying seen the sun for once.

Same here, We all need it...Hopefully it will not include bleedin Wasp's.

Very interesting week weather wise,This could be the hardest week to forecast yet...This winter...Possible surprises.

• Like 2

Posted

Charltonkerry........have a look around here...

http://wordpress.com

Judging by your posts, you could start a very good and interesting blog and it's so easy. I was 55 when I first learned about blogging (2011) and as I say, it's easy and you get lots of support. Anyway, just thought I'd post that link in case you want to have a look.

I cannot believe the change in this weather. It was positively WILD at 04:00 this morning. I'm sitting here by the sunny window and it's warm. Posted Image

I have thought of using the site myself (currently have some web names I own but was self hosting to save money but since my other PC died I have been using this one for internet and that was my  web server, still is but not currently running apache 2) Was looking more to use it for my artwork and promotion of the nene valley wetlands, needs to be free and I know this offers a free version with adverts, may still give it a try.

and the sun has now gone here, the clouds have moved in, still breezy but dry.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Aaaarrrggh! Starting to suffer from weather overload....as in the rainy kind!

Too much action both now and future in too short space of time...head can;t take in much more info.

Have decided to resort to mind-numbing ironing, alcohol consumption and dribbling madly for the weekend and will re-assess my sanity and the next oncoming weather systems monday.

Sorry JP - no offence as you are always very clear and concise...just not sure i can take too much more rain with all the associated "villlage relationship management" problems  it brings Posted Image ..

Iceni - LOL -  the pigs is actually shorthand for guinea pigs - think chicken more than bacon Posted Image

xxxx

And lookie here - lovely Spring day - birds singing etc. rooks playing in the wind.... I can tell what sort of a winter we've had. I've only had to refill the bird-feeder(s) 3 times... which means they've found their food elsewhere the whole time.

I thought you were a brave small holder raising your own pigs, at one with your environment a la Hugh Fearnely-Whatever - where do Guinea Pigs come from anyway? Don't say Guinea, please, I'm not in the mood.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 1

Posted

Afternoon all,

Lovely sunny day here so far. Amazing how seeing some blue sky and sunshine can really lighten the mood.

Have a lovely weekend!

• Like 2

Posted

And lookie here - lovely Spring day - birds singing etc. rooks playing in the wind.... I can tell what sort of a winter we've had. I've only had to refill the bird-feeder(s) 3 times... which means they've found their food elsewhere the whole time.

I thought you were a brave small holder raising your own pigs, at one with your environment a la Hugh Fearnely-Whatever - where do Guinea Pigs come from anyway? Don't say Guinea, please, I'm not in the mood.

:lol:  I too was initially amiss regards the 'pigs' but since understood better, anyway related to birds and food, I too have noticed how much they are not taking from the free food I have been putting out, is that a bad thing I wonder? will it mean less bugs and berries to populate the coming spring?

• Like 1

Posted

Started with lovely blue skies this morning, although next door's eucalyptus tree is bending wildly in the wind. Some grey clouds now covering the horizon just in time for dog to the park time and son walk along the river to Kingston time. 

Managed to actually sit down on a delayed train to Waterloo, delayed for non-weather-related reasons last night, for the rare night out on the Strand. Posters on here who suggested the initial rain front was clearing through fast proved to be correct, and I managed to walk across the Thames at Waterloo enjoying the views rain-free, rather than take the underground. I was glad of the air, the Waterloo concourse was so deep with people trying to get onto all the delayed trains that I found myself close to panic attack territory. 

Dog is rolling around in the garden, glad of a dry patch; he seems to get SAD if there are no sunny patches to lie in and has been well grumpy about the recent joyous weather. Husband is in garden shifting concrete posts and wooden fence panels - two up, two to go, much delayed by the daily deluges. Crack from the frost nearly two weeks ago still across the windscreen after two cancellations by Autoglass due to rain; have a feeling next Wednesday's appointment will be a similarly lost cause. 

Hope everyone is having a nice day. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Afternoon from breezy brentford!! A few gusts picking up,

Doing a few chores before Wales Italy and then England, six nations!!

Come on the boys!!!!!

Got tix for eng v Wales this year, I've never been to twickenham for the rugby before and I cannot flaming well wait. Been to cardiff and Edinburgh stadiums before.

• Like 6

Posted

As it is sunny(ish) and dry I think now is a good time to make for the library and town centre, see you all later this evening I hope.

Enjoy your afternoon folks :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Typical - It's gone and clouded over now. Can't believe how quickly it rolled in. Gutted Posted Image

Boo Posted Image Still sunny here but the wind is picking up now, tis quite breezy !

Posted

Canterbury has seen bad flooding around the Sainsburys car park, as normal. However, its the worst I have ever seen it! Villages near Canterbury such as Barham and Naibourne have seen bad flooding with Plucks Gutter and Grove Ferry badly hit too. We need some dry weather!! 

Posted

Same here, We all need it...Hopefully it will not include bleedin Wasp's.

Very interesting week weather wise,This could be the hardest week to forecast yet...This winter...Possible surprises.

I am looking forward to whatever this is, then.

Last year I did not see any, or many wasps, bees, daddy long legs, the usual insects, ladybirds, wonder where they all went.Even though I do not like wasps or bees, I like to see the bright yellow and black fuzzy ones bumbling in the dandelions so long as they don't come near me.

Posted

WOW! Just went into the kitchen to make a fresh cuppa and when I looked out the window a Red Kite flew past, swooped in slowly and low against the wind, have seen them over here quite a lot but that was the closest yet for me.  Managed to follow it for a while but difficult as it was to my south and the sun made it harder to track.

Hi I bet that was a lovely sight,alot of birds of prey suffer greatly when it rains alot as their prey does not venture out plus due to heavy rain their hearing/location finding is very restricted.

Posted

Back from town and it's very breezy! Had several heavy showers pass through with some hail mixed in too. Currently 5.4c but with the windchill feeling like -2c to 0c...brrr

Canterbury has seen bad flooding around the Sainsburys car park, as normal. However, its the worst I have ever seen it! Villages near Canterbury such as Barham and Naibourne have seen bad flooding with Plucks Gutter and Grove Ferry badly hit too. We need some dry weather!!

I was wondering about the river by Sainsburys, it's always easily flooded there in a normal winter after heavy rain do I dread to think what it's like now.
  • Like 2