Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

It's absolutely chucking it down in Ashford now. With little let up in sight it doesn't look good. I'm not on a flood plain but garden is filling up! There is just nowhere for the water to go. Not good...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Big heavy band across mid Kent now. Good luck Kent people - let us know what it's like! Posted Image

It is absolutely tipping it down! Our road is completely flooded. And now I've got to go catch a bus in it..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Bad news from Tamara over in the MOD thread - makes grim reading, but I'm sure she's right - she's been right all winter. Even worse news for those in the SW...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny and Dry with a Hard Frost.

Interestingly though...if you look at the French weather radar...quite a lot of the rain is dissapating before it gets to the South East. Not all of it....but a reasonable amount. Lets see what the next few hours brings...

'noon all Posted Image

can i ask a favour???

anyone got some nails i can use.... my ark needs an extension Posted Image

actually its not too bad here; so far. radar showing rain band headed towards SE18 but nothing biblical. cool here though, 6.9C currently. rain and windy too.

took my daughter for a college interview this morning. she wants to do sports science. been a modest person she didnt speak up for herself much. needless to say i told them of the fact she was voted player of the year for the whole of Kent two years running, and won it last season. also won player of the year for her league last two years too. one step away from national team Posted Image

the interviewer immediately said she would be made captain of the collge team if she got a place as he had heard lots of good things about her already. and to think, i cant even kick a ball straight Posted Image

mind you, he was just as interested in talking to me too. he was convinced i am a body builder. kept telling him the heaviest thing i lift is a coffee cup Posted Image

Im a body builder.. yeah yeah.. my stomach being the bit im building...

Interestingly though...if you look at the French weather radar...quite a lot of the rain is dissapating before it gets to the South East. Not all of it....but a reasonable amount. Lets see what the next few hours brings...

What radar are you looking at?

Posted Image Posted Image

post-12648-0-72178200-1391694964_thumb.p

Posted

I do love this forum even tho I sit back and watch im here everyday without fail its better than reading a book,you are a lovely bunch.

Heavy cold rain in bexhill,

Wish all this wet was snow still hoping to see a bit of snow this winter fingers crossed and toes.

• Like 1

Posted

Im a body builder.. yeah yeah.. my stomach being the bit im building...

well i have got a six pack... its stella artois and in the fridge

still light rain here. but enough rain to put me off changing a headlight bulb on the car. :rolleyes:

oh and before anyone thinks "thats a 30 second job" believe me, on my car its never easy. added to the fact that i had to make the connector up myself a couple years back when i couldnt source a new connector for it :nonono: so got to take the connector apart first, connect bulb to it, then remake it. oh the joys.... :D

Off topic post warning! Sorry just want to tell the world - just got the all OK for the 12 week scan. I'm gonna be a daddy Posted Image

mate, there is no better feeling in the world! congrats to your better half and you :)

• Like 2

Posted

Off topic post warning! Sorry just want to tell the world - just got the all OK for the 12 week scan. I'm gonna be a daddy Posted Image

Lovely news Steve, congratulations to you and your other half Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

congrats steve and missus,well done,weather here in rye is awful,absolutely peeing down,not a good day in my taxi,driving is a nightmare,dodging these buckets takes some skill

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Thankfully my bus was on time - for once. Local stream is well over again this afternoon.7mm of rain here in the last hour. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

As my Dad would say: it is p*s*-istantly p*ssing it down.

Edited by Lauren

Thanks everyone Posted Image

You seem to have spilt something on a napkin and scanned it in there, Surrey?

Heavy rain here now :|

This is showing sorry should have explained a bit.. The low in the channel and straddling over France is moving due North East.. as it moves in this direction is will drag up even more PPN (Rain) and dump it over us, now we watch the radar for lightning strikes ETC and the rapid increase in PPN rates.. 

Also, we need to watch this bit..

(yes I do love my arrows)

post-12648-0-04018300-1391697883_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Miserable here.Temp 4.7 degrees and rain getting heavier and looks like next 6 hours or so it will get heavier.Can you imagine if this rain belt was a snowbelt.We would end up with about 6 inchs of snow!!If only.....Really feel for those poor sods in Somerset and those close to Rivers bursting their banks.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Read Tamara (no bath is running - I had a shower instead)…

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79215-model-output-discussion-25th-jan-onwards/page-79

Winter 13/14………

Posted Image

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 3