Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Gone calm again here for the moment, thoughts are with those injured in the explosion at Clacton this morning, there seem to be an awful lot of these gas exposions recently, also very saddened by the west pier at Brighton now half ruined by last nights storm, i know it was ruined anyway but its still sad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

A lot of heavy showers now moving into West London and Berkshire .... looks like a rough few hours with frequent downpours and strong winds.

Chucking down in Reading now apparantly ...

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Well the blue patches have gone, and the cloud is definitely thickening up in the City. I'm in a corner office which is exposed on three sides, and has very old single glazed windows, with a sliding double glazed cover thing over them, which makes the wind whistle when it's a bit blowy. I'd say on the whistling scale we're at 3/10 at the moment...

Well the blue patches have gone, and the cloud is definitely thickening up in the City. I'm in a corner office which is exposed on three sides, and has very old single glazed windows, with a sliding double glazed cover thing over them, which makes the wind whistle when it's a bit blowy. I'd say on the whistling scale we're at 3/10 at the moment...

That's making me feel a tad queasy

Posted

The storm not quite here yet, but major disrution on Southeastern

http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/

I know - and typically, as usual I made it into work - the disruption didn't happen till after I arrived.   

Seems this is caused by the usual excuse of signal failure, so hopefully it will be sorted by home time!

Posted

Raining now in Harefield, hard to assess the wind strength as my office window faces North and the office blocks here form a good windbreak against all but straight easterlies (no prospect of one of those, sadly). It is the case though that the trees are blowing about quite a bit more than they were an hour ago, so things are definitely livening up.

Any updates from our Reigate/Charlwood contingent, back in the Amber zone?

AS

Edit: Thanks Dipsy, you answered my question before I asked it!

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Well, the fencers surely picked a good day to turn up and try to replace the panels blown down before Christmas... have to admire their optimism... They've finally admitted defeat and gone home! I did try to break it to them gently that there were now four amber Met Office warnings out - don't think I'll see them before next week somehow - by which time, who knows, I may be able to put even more work their way...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Raining now in Harefield, hard to assess the wind strength as my office window faces North and the office blocks here form a good windbreak against all but straight easterlies (no prospect of one of those, sadly). It is the case though that the trees are blowing about quite a bit more than they were an hour ago, so things are definitely livening up.Any updates from our Reigate/Charlwood contingent, back in the Amber zone?ASEdit: Thanks Dipsy, you answered my question before I asked it!

Just to add wind picking up and very cold here. Raining but not torrential. Saw a Virgin 747 sway about on take off but Gatwick still flying.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wind has picked up in the last hour here. Still bright and sunny for now. Eyeing that rain band on radar, I guess that's when the main winds will hit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunder, sunny days

Hello all - another mostly lurker here who also loves reading the banter as well as the excellent weather discussions. Thanks all - keep up the fun and good work here.

Am I correct in thinking the wind is not perhaps as strong here (Dartford area) yet as it will be getting, although it does seem to be picking up a bit more at the moment?

Looking at the chart posted by Surrey above I am thinking even stronger wind issues on Saturday? Oh dear..that will teach my other half to abandon us for a week and go ski-ing as he is due to fly into Gatwick late Saturday morning! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

There's some gusty bits about on the roads currently, would class it as "interesting" for riding a bike. Should be fun later after lunch....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Was a "relatively" pleasant morning but suddenly changed. Wind really picking up now with leaden skies to match. Not nice.

Posted

Raining now in Harefield, hard to assess the wind strength as my office window faces North and the office blocks here form a good windbreak against all but straight easterlies (no prospect of one of those, sadly). It is the case though that the trees are blowing about quite a bit more than they were an hour ago, so things are definitely livening up.

Good afternoon AS.Posted Image

I'm about 5 miles north of your current location in Harefield and the nearest Met Office weather station at RAF Northolt is recording a noticeable  increase in wind gusts in the last couple of hours. The most recent recording there ( 11am ) was over 40mph. I find the Met Office station there is notoriously slow to update it's reports. Suffice to say it's a bit breezy in these here parts !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Yup, the rain's here now, accompanied by some fierce gusts.

Afternoon all. It was lovely and sunny here in Kingston this morning but very windy. It has now started raining. I am off to Paris this weekend so not sure what kind of weather I am letting myself in for!