Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

More like a SW rain event thankfully - I think rain forecast exaggerated today for the SE

On what basis,or just a hunch?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Thanks for the dramatic report Steve, I echo the others on here - stay safe.I am in the office today so drove from the amber zone into the yellow zone. There is currently no storm in the yellow zone nor was there one in the amber zone (sorry, desperate attempt to lever Airplane into the post), however it looks like it's all on it's way, although the last couple of hours have actually been quite sunny and relatively calm. I'll be headed back to the amber zone late afternoon.as

Wouldnt want you to get a parking ticket AS so just remember, the Amber zone is for loading or unloading of passengers only

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Well the blue patches have gone, and the cloud is definitely thickening up in the City. I'm in a corner office which is exposed on three sides, and has very old single glazed windows, with a sliding double glazed cover thing over them, which makes the wind whistle when it's a bit blowy. I'd say on the whistling scale we're at 3/10 at the moment...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

This is the sea wall and train track in Dawlish, love the area, wonder how the dunes at dawlish warren are doing. https://twitter.com/sophiepierce/status/430998381398614016/photo/1

Guess once the sea wall went down there's nothing to hold it back from those houses, poor people.

• Like 1

Posted

No, the yellow zone is for loading or unloading of passengers only and no, I won't have that abortion.

Anyway, breeze picking up here again after 3 hours of calm, cracking little thunderstorm earlier.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

This is the sea wall and train track in Dawlish, love the area, wonder how the dunes at dawlish warren are doing. https://twitter.com/sophiepierce/status/430998381398614016/photo/1 Guess once the sea wall went down there's nothing to hold it back from those houses, poor people.

Poor souls, how awful for them. I've travelled that stretch of railway many times and it's stunning being so close to the sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

After an hour or two of clear blue skies, it's clouding up again and wind seems to be strengthening. It's so calming watching the Gulls riding the wind up there though. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Sunny here now but the wind is really gusting strongly.

Posted

Feel so sorry for those people in Dawlish and what a loss with the rail line out of action too. I just hope people stay safe.

Husband is over the moon as his new fences stayed in place last night, although the spare panels leaning against the shed went flying. Blue sky and clouds this morning; the River Thames at Kingston looked really high as we passed and driving up through Hampton to Heathrow and beyond there were large chunks of waterlogged roads, with at least one group of pedestrians getting a soaking (not from me I hasten to add, much that I love driving through puddles).

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

The rainfall today in daylight hours is a lot less than they said it would be.

If it wasn't for the wind it would be a VERY pleasant bright or sunny day upto now with a lot more blue sky than originally stated.

Posted

Humm. Cloud cleared, sun out now......

C'mon, make your mind up! - Still seeing rain encroaching slowly on the Radar....

Posted

The rainfall today in daylight hours is a lot less than they said it would be.

If it wasn't for the wind it would be a VERY pleasant bright or sunny day upto now with a lot more blue sky than originally stated.

Thats just what I said earlier - not just me thinking that way then !

Posted

Thats just what I said earlier - not just me thinking that way then !

Yes very much so ... but the showers are moving into West London right now .

But the morning has seen some lovely bright sunshine and patchy cloud.

The wind is picking up with 35-50 mph gusts in the London area right now however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Sitting in the orange zone. Mixed sunny cloud but the gusts are increasing. Gatwick still flying. If they stop I will let you know! Heading out with the dog now.

Stay safe everyone.

Posted

Sorry?

Last 24 hours for you...

Posted Imagerain acc.jpg

Yes a lot of rain overnight but the day has been lovely-bright, even sunny at times.

However heavy showers moving into West London and Berkshire right now and a howling wind at times !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham & Milton Keynes

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Essex, Hertfordshire, Southend-on-Sea, Thurrock, Central Bedfordshire & Luton

Further spells of heavy and persistent rain will affect southern parts of England and south Wales from Thursday afternoon until Friday morning, and again from late Friday evening until early Saturday followed by frequent heavy showers. Gales will accompany the rain during Saturday with severe gales likely for exposed coasts in southwest England.

The public should be prepared for disruption due to flooding.

Issued at:

1041 on Wed 5 Feb 2014

Valid from:

1500 on Thu 6 Feb 2014

Valid to:

2300 on Sat 8 Feb 2014

Another area of low pressure will bring spells of heavy rain to southern England from Thursday afternoon to Friday morning, with 20-40 mm of rain falling widely.

A further Atlantic frontal system will bring a band of rain quickly eastwards during Friday night and early Saturday, with the heaviest rain again likely to be across parts of southern England, followed in turn by heavy showers. Another 10-20 mm of rain and locally 30 mm will fall in the Amber area, leading to further flooding. Winds will also be a feature during Friday night and Saturday with severe gales possible around coasts in the southwest of England.

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Don't post very often but enjoy reading this thread, find it far more informative than others, as I can understand most of it! Love Charlton's stories of weather in days gone by and John's evening updates.

To keep on topic, the wind is getting up in Reigate, gusts of around 35mph, pressure is dropping and becoming rather overcast.

• Like 1

Posted

Ali.. Amber now..

Yes, Amber for wind today then 3 days of Amber warnings for rain Thursday, Friday, Saturday for the south of our region. Worrying.AS
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Ali.. Amber now..

Yes. Can't keep up ....Amber warning of RainMedway, Kent, Surrey, Bracknell Forest, Oxfordshire, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Hampshire, Reading, West Berkshire, East Sussex, Southampton, West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, BuckinghamshireIssued at: 1054 on Wed 5 Feb 2014Valid from: 1500 on Thu 6 Feb 2014Valid to: 2300 on Sat 8 Feb 2014

Posted

I'm half expecting the QEII Bridge to be closed this afternoon, which is going to make getting home entertaining.... just depends how intense it gets I guess.. sun's gone in here now...

I'm keeping my eye on here... http://www.highways.gov.uk/

and here...  https://twitter.com/highways_agency

Oh goody. Amber Warnings... :(

• Like 1