Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

No T&L but it's certainly blowy and rainy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

No thunder here as far as I'm aware, dry for now, windy. Checked the met wind been gusting in the 50's all night, not sure what it will go up to during the amber warning.

Posted

That was quite a short, sharp event. Lots of hail and really heavy rain. I think we've had more thunder here in these first few weeks of 2014 than the whole of last summer. Posted Image

I think we've now got what you had.A short while ago the sun was golden and looked nice but then it darkened and the rain started just after that the strong gusts of wind started again and now we have thunder.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning - very windy here, considering it's not meant to peak wind wise for another 6 hours should be wild later!

This is the harbour ten minutes ago..it is low tide at the moment and it's already crashy!

post-5283-0-97298600-1391589802_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Just walking from Fenchurch St to work (thanks a million TFL!) my rain alarm has gone off twice, although it's just fast moving cloud and quite bright. Pretty breezy though. Slightly better than my expectation that I'd be walking in an apocalyptic monsoon. Guess that's being saved for the walk back this eve! Happy Wednesday everyone!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all and welcome to windy Wednesday .....

Yellow Warning of Wind for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

Yellow Warning of Wind for East of England :

Essex, Southend-on-Sea & Thurrock

Strong winds will bring inland gusts of around 50 mph, locally 60 mph, perhaps 70 mph on exposed coasts. There is the risk of some disruption, for example due to fallen trees.

A gradual change to more showery conditions is but still with some longer spells of rain, which could bring a further 20 to 30 mm over the hills in Wales but with 10-15 mm being a more general figure.

The public should be aware of the risk of disruption from either the wind or rain elements in this warning. Additionally, large waves mean a further risk of flooding in some coastal areas.

This an update to the warning issued on Tuesday, to remove the warning for Northern Ireland since winds have now lessened here.

Issued at:

0703 on Wed 5 Feb 2014

Valid from:

0015 on Wed 5 Feb 2014

Valid to:

2200 on Wed 5 Feb 2014

The deep area of low pressure will migrate only slowly northwards during Wednesday, swinging bands of rain and strong winds across the entire country. Impacts from rain and wind will be focused in southern and western areas. Please note that conditions for the east of Northern Ireland should ease soon after midnight.

post-10773-0-88034700-1391590439_thumb.j

Have a nice day :-)

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all. It's surprisingly pleasant in south west London this morning, blue sky and breezy. I was expecting a drowning on the way to work. Looks like a well timed lull before more wind and rain later.

Posted

Morning all,

Nothing really remarkable last night with the weather - but I must say the wind nearly blew me side ways between London Bridge Station and Guy's Hospital this morning (yes, I am working in my windowless office today, so local weather reports will be extra useful for me today!)

I'm just not sure if the strong gusts were due to the wind tunnel that The Shard has created, or whether it's a sign that the stronger winds are just arriving!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

morning all. Bright, breezy and dry here in Faversham at the moment :)

Hope everyone has a great day and stays safe later x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Well that was a lovely journey to London this morning....NOT!!!!

Quite windy walking from London Bridge to Southwark.....looks like more incoming later....oh deep joy

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Nothing really remarkable last night with the weather - but I must say the wind nearly blew me side ways between London Bridge Station and Guy's Hospital this morning (yes, I am working in my windowless office today, so local weather reports will be extra useful for me today!)

I've got windows & up on the 6th floor so Will update you live from Chancery Lane! :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Posted Imagewind.jpg

This is en route to us!

Tell it to stop moving east and just go north please, that will keep us in the yellow.

If only it was that easy, to change the weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Hello Steve Can you please file reports, Kate Adie style, from the frontline! (I'm talking Cornwall and the weather, not this thread BTW.....) AS

The storm well and truly arrived, soon after I posted. My inn is sheltered by a spur of land to the south, but the general roaring and shrieking of the wind is very apparent! I just walked to the ferry jetty 50 yards away and it's a scary place, with a turbulent sea, the top of which is being constantly blown into driving sheets of spray.The jetty is currently a place to be much respected; too close and the risk of a rogue wave sweeping you off your feet and into the estuary would be very high.(this message was from last night, a 6 hour power cut started literally seconds before I posted) :doh:Very windy here now, but nothing like early yesterday evening. The peak winds were probably at 8 o'clock, when we also had a few bright flashes, followed by loud cracks of thunder - a true tempest! :)
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Posted Imagewind.jpg

This is en route to us!

What sort of time fella?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Very windy here now, but nothing like early yesterday evening. The peak winds were probably at 8 o'clock, when we also had a few bright flashes, followed by loud cracks of thunder - a true tempest! :)

Stay safe Steve - looking forward to seeing your photos but don't take any chances out there ! Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

The storm well and truly arrived, soon after I posted. My inn is sheltered by a spur of land to the south, but the general roaring and shrieking of the wind is very apparent! I just walked to the ferry jetty 50 yards away and it's a scary place, with a turbulent sea, the top of which is being constantly blown into driving sheets of spray.The jetty is currently a place to be much respected; too close and the risk of a rogue wave sweeping you off your feet and into the estuary would be very high.(this message was from last night, a 6 hour power cut started literally seconds before I posted) :doh:Very windy here now, but nothing like early yesterday evening. The peak winds were probably at 8 o'clock, when we also had a few bright flashes, followed by loud cracks of thunder - a true tempest! :)

Sounds scary but exciting, Steve. Keep giving us updates if you can. Take care and stay safe. :)
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Penzance, one of my favourite places in Cornwall, has been taking a battering by the look of it...

post-17085-0-10040400-1391593538_thumb.j

post-17085-0-75644000-1391593554_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

After a quite sunny start to the day here it has clouded over and the wind has suddenly picked up a lot, it's pretty loud now! Dry at the moment, chucked it down last night.

Posted

Conrad meeting in force right now. wind gusts to peak 50 - 60 mph approx noon. Higher gusts around coasts.

Posted

Thanks for the dramatic report Steve, I echo the others on here - stay safe.

I am in the office today so drove from the amber zone into the yellow zone. There is currently no storm in the yellow zone nor was there one in the amber zone (sorry, desperate attempt to lever Airplane into the post), however it looks like it's all on it's way, although the last couple of hours have actually been quite sunny and relatively calm. I'll be headed back to the amber zone late afternoon.

as

• Like 6