Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Even the TSSA union is out not just Bob Crow's RMT. The TSSA did not go on strike from 1926 to 2010.

Couple it with train problems due to the weather and tomorrow is a day to stay in if you can.

Being a train driver I could put a few words in here but then this is a weather forum and not a who gets paid what chat site....stay nice folks!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Is it just me who thinks its very mild ? I have my fan on full ! And windows wide open.

lol, are you sure you need a fan, if I opened my window it would feel like I had a fan on.

• Like 1

Posted

Even the TSSA union is out not just Bob Crow's RMT. The TSSA did not go on strike from 1926 to 2010. Couple it with train problems due to the weather and tomorrow is a day to stay in if you can.

Unfortunately , cut backs are happening everywhere no over time and from 5 day a week down to 4 this is in public and private sector. People work hard for what they earn and most will do whatever hours they can get to balance their pay packet but it doesn't help when the government has cut funding in those sectors and companies have to find ways of cutting back on spending. Which is always by reduced hours and or redundancies. You only have to look at the state of our roads and the over hanging trees that block the road signs to see the cuts that have been made to the public transport sector.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Welcome to the Tory state...you voted for them, you got them. 

• Like 2

Posted

Welcome to the Tory state...you voted for them, you got them.

Sorry didn't vote. When a party finally listens to the people then I may change my mind. Hope weather is not to bad for everyone and my thoughts go out to those who are experiencing major flooding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hi guys.......some interesting debate here for sure, but perhaps better suited to pm or another thread........thanks Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Not quite sure where my post disappeared to earlier......

Have had lots of rain here from 10pm and got gusty around 11.30. However since 1.30am been very quiet....and rain stopped 15mins ago.

Didn't get back tonight until after midnight from Pairsh Council meeting and now having the dubious pleasure of yet again lifting everything up above flood level before i can go to bed.Nite allxxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Evening/Morning?? lolJust watching some Documentaries on Storms and Tornadoes, found this interesting one from 1985 from PBS.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXe2WHZmwfMSome familiar faces in this one!Is it me or do other people think old videos of tornadoes are scarier than their modern counterparts?

• Like 1

Posted

Woken up just after 6 with hail hitting the window, thunder and lightning, so bad it set all the car alarms off and the dogs barking.  Oh well, the alarm was going off soon anyway!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Thunder, lightning and hail in Ippy. What a morning. Loving it!!! :D

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, breezy but dry here at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted

Didn't get back tonight until after midnight from Pairsh Council meeting and now having the dubious pleasure of yet again lifting everything up above flood level before i can go to bed.

Hope all is ok this morning, that's the last thing you need in the middle of the night

Mornin each. Thunder, lightning and hail in Ippy. What a morning. Loving it!!! Posted Image

Seems calm here now although the wind was gusting about an hour ago when i woke up, I am all stuffy and lurgified this morning.Great, just what I need.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, bit late this morning as its Marion 60th today, I no she don't look it, loads of cards to open and leg pulling about being a wrinkly, think I am now cooking my own tea tonight. Been an interesting few days, trying to recover from the hangover to end all hangovers, us oldies can party. The young uns crashed out early over the weekend the oldies disgraced themselves, but it was a great weekend enjoyed by all. What a wonderful setting as well.

Look like the next do, will be sons wedding, the year was announced over the weekend so I suppose that's a step forward, we all had a good laugh when the venue was suggested as Leeds castle, didn't realised it was a serious suggestion, help need money for that one. Off to office today it's been a difficult few weeks we had to let a senior person go, never an easy decision, but it's done now, got a n interview with a young lad tomorrow and got to get a new starter underway on Friday, so it's all go. Work seem to be going from strength to strength with more maintenance being gained (Coast you got your big one yet?) and contracts won, look like we won 2 more for a total of another million, hope we can keep providing the service without putting our costs up, going to be hard. Think I got to start looking at another major reorganisation, which is a pity as I want to do some designs (might have to accept those design days have gone).

I hope you all have a great day. There I go, its old age honestly, when I started this it was clear blue sky, now it's clouding over with a nice gust of wind howling around the chimney, we are very exposed here but I suppose with all the rain about living on top of a hill has its advantages.

Thanks everyone just realised I got over a thousand likes, must admit that something new in my life, the first time someone have ever as did they like me, hard to get use too. Thanks.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Breezy and dry. I woke up feeling hot too.

OH took chainsaws to work "just in case we have trees down before the drive home."

Getting the beginnings of a bad head.

Stay safe everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

That was quite a short, sharp event. Lots of hail and really heavy rain. I think we've had more thunder here in these first few weeks of 2014 than the whole of last summer. :)

It's now brightening up over to the South West and sun trying to get out judging by the sulphury yellow clouds but there is patches of blue there.

Weird, but about 05:40 I was woken up by what sounded like a very distant 'boom' like an explosion and a sort of cracking noise close by. Maybe' subconsciously I 'heard' the thunder while it was still a long way off. Either that or I'm going completely doolally. :D

Have a good day, everyone. And hope you all keep safe and dry.

• Like 1