Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Could be a chilly night chez Fluid.

The duvet was being aired earlier today, wind got up and blew it away. Has been recovered but splattered with mud, its now down the dry cleaners for remedial works.

Big test of my outhouse roof repairs is underway - sounds like the wind is trying to rip it to bits...

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Not the best night to put the wheelie bin out on the street for emptying tomorrow, hope it stays upright, they come round too early for me to get the bin out in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I can't help but think why isn't more being done to help these poor people ,they seem to have been left to get on with it ?

I couldn't agree more .... I'm not sure how sending Prince Charles was supposed to help really but they say it's the thought that counts !post-10773-0-33336000-1391554387_thumb.jI've just had a text from Steve C to say he was about to post on here but has lost power !
  • Like 5

Posted

I've heard about this " clampdown ". What's been going on ?

There's no big "clampdown" really - a lot of people got worked up about us all being warned not to stay off topic so much. Turns out was only 3 or 4 posts that were ever actually removed so business as usual. We're a special case round these parts :D

Bit Windy :angel:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

I couldn't agree more .... I'm not sure how sending Prince Charles was supposed to help really but they say it's the thought that counts !

Posted Imageimage.jpg

I've just had a text from Steve C to say he was about to post on here but has lost power !

Apparently HRH said there's nothing like a disaster to get things moving....sad but true!

Wind starting to pick up now, no rain...but it's knocking on the door

Edited by scotteboi
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I couldn't agree more .... I'm not sure how sending Prince Charles was supposed to help really but they say it's the thought that counts !

Posted Imageimage.jpg

I've just had a text from Steve C to say he was about to post on here but has lost power !

I will look forward to his pics from the front line when he has the opportunity to post them.

Posted

Not the best night to put the wheelie bin out on the street for emptying tomorrow, hope it stays upright, they come round too early for me to get the bin out in the morning.

Refuse collection day here tomorrow as well - the bottle recycling box should be okay as that's full of empties but I'm guessing the bag with the card and paper in will be the other end of the street by the time they arrive to take it away in the morning - we also have the packaging from the new freezer out there I did weight the polystyrene down with a black sack of rubbish but that's probably not enough !

Posted

Hope we don't lose power - to be fair I've not known it from weather related causes here, but I have an alarm which beeps constantly until the powers back up. It drives me insane and I've no idea how to turn it off (forgotten the code!) It's a bit windy here but nothing 'bad'

Fingers crossed this pattern changes. I can't believe how long we've been stuck in this firing line of horrid lows. Why can't we ever get stuck in a cold and snowy pattern!?? Although, do wonder if this had been snow if I'd be sick of it by now...what am I saying!? of course I wouldn't! I'd be the snowman king

• Like 1

Posted

There's no big "clampdown" really - a lot of people got worked up about us all being warned not to stay off topic so much. Turns out was only 3 or 4 posts that were ever actually removed so business as usual. We're a special case round these parts Posted Image

Bit Windy Posted Image

Thanks for that. I've been quite ill for a couple of days so I haven't been able to get online.

Posted

I will look forward to his pics from the front line when he has the opportunity to post them.

Prince Charles or Steve C ? (I know you mean our Steve really) I bet he has some great photos, I saw some from Cornwall on Facebook earlier !
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted Imageimage.jpg

I think he's got his wallet out though to donate to the flood victims from one of his funds he's set up over the years. Certainly proving more useful his visit than the woeful response from the Government.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

No unfortunately not related but have toasted him in south georgia

Were you fighting or holidaying? If the former, well done.

Posted

Amber Met office warning for wind just issued for southern parts of our region for tomorrow

Amber Warning of Wind for London & South East England : Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Kent, Portsmouth, Southampton, Surrey & West Sussex Winds are expected to gust to around 70 mph over coasts, and 50-60 mph inland, whilst rain will be heavy at times. The public should be prepared for the risk of disruption to transport and power due to fallen trees. Additionally, large waves bring the risk of flooding in some coastal areas.Issued at: 2210 on Tue 4 Feb 2014Valid from: 0800 on Wed 5 Feb 2014Valid to: 1500 on Wed 5 Feb 2014The deep area of low pressure will migrate only slowly northwards during Wednesday, swinging bands of rain and strong winds across the entire country. A swathe of strong southwesterly winds will run along southern counties, slowly easing from the west during the afternoon.

Posted

fax updates for saturday and sunday

Posted Image

Posted Image

and 120 on here##

Posted Image

i am holding comment for now on these

expect changes on the low track at this timeframe

• Like 1

Posted

I think he's got his wallet out though to donate to the flood victims from one of his funds he's set up over the years. Certainly proving more useful his visit than the woeful response from the Government.

I couldn't agree more with your post Nick.

Also, a few weeks ago, the environment agency told residents in Somerset there were no more pumps available. Some of the residents thought that was very odd, so they phoned around and actually found companies ready to deploy industrial pumps to their village. The residents marched to the environment agency's office and told them they were liars and there were pumps available. Environment agency had no choice and ordered the pumps there and then. Something is not quite right here.

• Like 6

Posted

Amber Warning of Wind for London & South East England :

Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Kent, Portsmouth, Southampton, Surrey & West Sussex

Winds are expected to gust to around 70 mph over coasts, and 50-60 mph inland, whilst rain will be heavy at times. The public should be prepared for the risk of disruption to transport and power due to fallen trees. Additionally, large waves bring the risk of flooding in some coastal areas.

Issued at:

2210 on Tue 4 Feb 2014

Valid from:

0800 on Wed 5 Feb 2014

Valid to:

1500 on Wed 5 Feb 2014

The deep area of low pressure will migrate only slowly northwards during Wednesday, swinging bands of rain and strong winds across the entire country. A swathe of strong southwesterly winds will run along southern counties, slowly easing from the west during the afternoon.

It's ironic the Tube Drivers go on strike during the storms. Don't think they will be missed that much to be honest Posted Image  Anyway, what are they going on strike this time for? Shoe laces too short or/& not the right type of cows on the line Posted Image

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Rain and wind event number 7273 here now. The joys!!! Posted Image