Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

question out there for all travellers. on southeast trains....

Why are they the only company that has a speed restriction on this evening frustration beyond belief

I didn't even realise they had speed restrictions this evening - thanks for the heads up on that.  I look forward to my battle to get home later this evening then...!

Posted

Because then the trains use less electricity and so it saves money, but they have a half legitimate reason for doing it.

Same with the storm between xmas and new year where they didn't run any trains for almost a day, even though the weather wasn't bad at all.

Excuse=Reason=Saves money

• Like 1

Posted

I've just checked their website - the speed restrictions will be in place from 11pm tonight and all day tomorrow with short notice cancellations and delays.  With any luck I won't be able to get to work tomorrow Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afernoon all

Well it was nippy this morning when I left cozy home around 06:00 and felt even colder when I stepped outside to return this afternoon, remained dry all day, bit of a breeze now though. might nip out in a while to do something I was planning to do tomorrow but as the weather looks pants for then I think today my be a better choice.

• Like 1

Posted

Because then the trains use less electricity and so it saves money, but they have a half legitimate reason for doing it.

Same with the storm between xmas and new year where they didn't run any trains for almost a day, even though the weather wasn't bad at all.

Not the real reason, I've hit a few trees in my time driving trains and it's not nice, it's not like a car where you can at least try to avoid it, with a train you just sit there looking at the thing across the tracks getting bigger and bigger and hope it's not to big that it crushes the drivers cab and you.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hi all, been laid up with awful cold bug thibg, was in bed two days! Back to it now. It's feeling a bit breezy here but thankfully still dry for evening rush hour. Dreading the wind , as living in a field of trees!

Have a great evening all..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

How does not running trains save money exactly ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

(I'm expecting imminent heavy rain and strong winds - I'm currently sat at the bar in the Old Ferry Inn in Bodinnick, Cornwall.)

Ooh! Lucky you. Wish I was there as well. Hope you can get some good photos Steve. Hope you've got your waterproofs. Just DONT put a brolly up. You'll end up flying off Lands End. :D

• Like 3

Posted

Energy levels are very high and will increase the storm intensity where wind gusts will reach 90 - 110 mph in the more exposed areas Posted ImagePosted Image

Please take care out there

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 2

Posted

some interesting charts at 120 tonight

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

but first things first

be back soon with fax update but may take a little while

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Anyone want to swap jobs for the next few days? Either that or does someone have a sail i can borrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Energy levels are very high and will increase the storm intensity where wind gusts will reach 90 - 110 mph in the more exposed areas Posted ImagePosted Image

you always say energy levels are high, what energy you talking about ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

you always say energy levels are high, what energy you talking about ?

Well it ain't mine.............:D
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Very windy indeed once more that is for sure, but there is no suggestion anywhere of winds of that strength, not even the Shirley Hills (which I drove through today btw)Posted Image

I'm sure that all of us wholeheartedly agree with your second comment. I drive to Guildford tomorrow to collect a friend of mine around the middle of the day and once more have to weave my way up the A21 and back again through a gauntlet of woods with madly swaying trees either side and visibility dwindled through rain and surface waterPosted Image  The M25 that follows speaks for itself even in the best of weatherPosted Image

So, rather than think about all that and to blot out worrying about it where is my sparkly wine this evening insteadPosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 6

Posted

Evening all. Posted Image

The birds are singing in the trees here. It almost sounds like a dawn chorus. Very pleasant!

I'm expecting imminent heavy rain and strong winds - I'm currently sat at the bar in the Old Ferry Inn in Bodinnick, Cornwall.

I saw the thread was a bit fractious yesterday. Hopefully it's calmed down now - I'll read back now to see. My opinion is that 99% of the time, the thread runs absolutely fine. I have my thoughts on whether moderation is / or isn't required, but won't bring them up - live and let live works 90+% of the time. More important things to worry about IMHO. Posted Image

Hello Steve

Can you please file reports, Kate Adie style, from the frontline! (I'm talking Cornwall and the weather, not this thread BTW.....)

AS

• Like 8

Posted

computer snag at present

back soon but the big concern i see excluding tomorrow is thurs night

Posted Image

that will not help

anway back soon