Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Fair play son, it does not take much though to learn the very basic charts, you should actually invest some time into reading up on them. Even if you spent 30 mins a day when travelling into work to read weather books ETC to gain more knowledge. that's still 1 1/2 hours a week of learning... Pretty much majority on here are self taught some lucky peeps got to go to uni ETC and study it.. Wish I had the chance too...

I have deleted my reply. If anyone wants me to delete my explanation then just let me know. As I said it wasn't my intention to restart the debate. Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Folks, please can we not dig at each other this early? Please? Please please? Let's not start the day like this eh?

Some of the above posts might have been more suited to PM maybe....... I think we did the off topic piece a bit to death yesterday, and considering we have quite a juicy weather event coming up, there's plenty of scope for good discussion!

Very red sky at Upminster this morning, sign of the next few days perhaps...

In the words of the great Dave Grohl, "Keep it clean" :) x

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I understand Charltonkerry, I for one will miss your morning comments.

I don't think surrey meant to come across the way he did, it's just that he wants you to keep posting and feel comfortable with the content being on subject.

Sorry Team jo was typing while you posted.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

No worries, I for one like to assume positive intent, it's just unfortunate sometimes that electronic communication sometimes doesn't always convey things in the right way. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Paul,

I think you have proved the point that this group needs very little moderation when you consider other threads on the forum and what has upset me today is the way everyone seems to be painted with the same brush. If I was in the office I would call the person or persons causing the problem to one side and have a quiet word and hence my point earlier that the PM system should be used or the points warning system.

So where do we draw the line about where they aren't strictly weather related as we seem to be getting mixed messages. I really don't want to post in the Lounge area or the chat room with people from all over the country, maybe we need to consider a lounge area for just this region?

There are some very good and considerate people in this thread which should be carefully considered when moderators drop in to give us their wise words.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Wile i think a lounge for this region would be a good idea, I also think that if that happened then this thread would be very sparse indeed.....I love this forum and this thread in particular. I sincerely hope nothing changes

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. It's beeeeeeeeautiful and sunny here in The Swich with a lovely clear blue sky. Although there are a few wispy clouds to the South....ish. :)

Now, for what it's worth, I think Surrey's suggestion re' teaching yourself to read charts, was a very good idea. I am going to invest in a book on the subject next pay day as I am woefully lacking in those basic skills. Any suggestions for books, guys. Ones that a numerically challenged numpty can understand. :)

Have a good day, everyone. And brace yourselves for the onslaught later. :O

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Mornin each. It's beeeeeeeeautiful and sunny here in The Swich with a lovely clear blue sky. Although there are a few wispy clouds to the South....ish. Posted Image

Morning Grace, morning all - same here, although a chilly 4 deg c it's lovely to wake up to blue sky and sunshine (especially when you have the morning off) have a nice day folks  Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all,

A lovely sunrise this morning - blue skies and pink clouds - two of my favourite colours.  If Mother Nature could have added a bit of lilac and silver, it would have been perfect!

Went through a rain shower on the train to work (in the Eltham/Kidbrooke/Blackheath area of London) - but nice and dry and sunny at work now.  Such a shame it is all set to change for the worse later - really hope that after this poor winter we are treated to a warm, sunny spring!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Mostly sunny with some cloud blowing in off the channel, windy but nothing compared with whats coming later/tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all,

A lovely sunrise this morning - blue skies and pink clouds - two of my favourite colours.  If Mother Nature could have added a bit of lilac and silver, it would have been perfect!

Went through a rain shower on the train to work (in the Eltham/Kidbrooke/Blackheath area of London) - but nice and dry and sunny at work now.  Such a shame it is all set to change for the worse later - really hope that after this poor winter we are treated to a warm, sunny spring!

I actually caught that shower walking from the Tube in Southwark this morning......very odd though as it was lovely and clear aside from one rogue cloud (which just happened to be over my head)......

Posted

Clouds being building over to the south west since thus morning high Columbus clouds was hoping something would kick off but the clouds seen to be drifting away at least the suns out so could kick off some convention later ;)large drops of rain now :)and the most beautiful rainbow :)

Edited by Chloe
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Just done a Blog about the bad weather to come from the next three low pressure systems crossing the UK between now and Sunday:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=5661;sess=

• Like 7

Posted

Will It Be Windy In Ipswich

Today:

Wind Speed:

48.1mph

Tomorrow

Wind Speed 47.8mph

Thu 06/02

Wind Speed 46.2mph

Fri 07/02

Wind Speed 35.4mph

Sat 08/02

Wind Speed 51.3mph

Looks pretty bad in Ippy for strong wind at least. Saturday looks worse judging by the above 'Will It'. :O

Posted

i honestly dont think i have ever seen the clouds so angry and the sky changing so quickly

yes i think saturdays storm could cause some damage

Depending on what damage because over the next week Southern England could get in excess of 60mm of rain... With river levels running high, this is going to cause damage too, so yes wind and flooding damage an issue..

I might add, when do we ever see 3 lows in 1 week with this amount a threatening issues.. just wow!

Posted

i am expecting to be inundated with the latest warnings in about half hour i reckon from the met office

Posted

i honestly dont think i have ever seen the clouds so angry and the sky changing so quickly

Yep, it's gone from sunny blue skies to dark clouds here at London Southbank - bang goes my good mood for the day! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Clouded over here now too but the snowdrops are looking lovely in Campbell Park.....

post-10773-0-11978700-1391511663_thumb.j

...all they need now is some snow !

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 6

Posted

Still very sunny and clear skies in Ippy with those wispy clouds. But unusually, the cats have roused themselves from their morning snooze and gone out. It's as though they are making the most of the nice day while it lasts. They know, you know. :)

Oh......Holmes & Watson the Molly fish have gone to the Big Fish Tank in the Sky. :( (see my post in The Lounge)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Still blue skies and sunny here in Faversham, its gorgeous out!

Posted

Eeeeek!! I see what you mean, Surrey.

post-17085-0-10958600-1391513303_thumb.j

• Like 2