Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Come on folks, lets not overreact and throw the toys out of the pram,

Hopefully we can let this blow over now (there is certainly going to be plenty of wind around) everyone has had their say and it would be great if we can get back on track especially given the warnings in place for the next few days - sadly there will probably be plenty of weather to discuss by the end of the week ... most of us would be much happier if it was snow though ! Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

'Nuff said.How Far East are we expecting high waves on the South Coast Wednesday i.e. As Far East As Dover?

Have to say I am concerned exactly how badly this will impact on SE coastal areas given that "the largest waves ever to hit Cornwall" are forecast for wednesday. The Watering Hole in Perranporth are now stripping out the bar before the sea does it for them

https://twitter.com/W_hole_Cornwall/status/430408131286278145/photo/1/large?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=W_hole_Cornwall&utm_content=430408131286278145

I assume the Environment Agency will issue coastal warnings some time tomorrow.

Here on the Sussex/Surrey border, I don;t think I need to be too worried about wind damage....but friday's rain could present a problem for my stream if we get 15mm in <1hr

xxx 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Actually felt quite nippy today - really not looking forward to the tube strike this week in what we currently have forecast. I am not ashamed to admit I am a fair weather walker.....

• Like 1

Posted

right fax continues after my spag bol

wednesday night

Posted Image

a strong and cold north west to west wind

although strong more 40-50 mph

rainfall

Posted Image

i think the ukmo is overcooking the rain here

i think the fax shows heavy rain clearing before midnight

then a couple of hours drier

then trough coming across giving more showers and some heavy

temps

Posted Image

cold and miserable

no frost

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

winds lighter south to south westerly

rainfall

Posted Image

certainly starts dry

however watch the low to the south west of the channel

thats the one i want to see on the fax charts later

the low will hit late pm or overnight

more on that later

Edited by john pike
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Good evening you lovely people. Well today's weather was not that bad really. As for the rest of the week especially Wednesday, Not nice at all.

The amount of rainfall is getting way beyond ridiculous at climbing above 120mm for western regions in a week.

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been a sunny but quite chilly day today here, wind blowing up from the SE felt cold.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm sooooooo glad the Chinese model is not that highly regarded..925mb talk about how low can you go.

Posted Image

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Went jogging . Bit cold out but it wasn't windy or frosty.  Something to do with dewpoints I expect.

This forum has the best software of all the forums I frequent.

There's a great cross section of people, from all walks of life - the weather experts, council professionals, business owners, students and professionals who can provide a valuable input, not necessarily about the weather, but how to deal with its effects and what's going on out there when the weather gets tough on us. All in a very humorous chatty way.  

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Swallowed by a sink hole just started on bbc 2

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

You know I was saying the other day it's almost like Winter has forgotten to arrive and April has come round with all the showers, rainbows and odd weather. I'm still optimistic we'll see snow, as I've said before it's not uncommon to get it in March and even April.

FWIW, I think people flouncing for being asked to post remotely on topic is a bit unnecessary, it's why the mods have created an off topic section after all, it's not like you can't post your musings elsewhere. We all go off topic to some degree and that's why a little OT stuff is allowed on here. It's not like we're in the MOD thread here and I love this thread for that.!Posted Image

And yes I realise that last paragraph is OT but what can I say? I am a hypocritePosted Image

Edited by Lauren
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Loving the output at the moment, Love the way the I have a problem falls out of the PV and it drops into the atlantic.

Another late winter ?

Shotski

LOL at the swear filter

Edited by shotski
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Noticed a couple of posts in the mad thread saying it's snowing in Dartmoor.

Yes, a few have posted the same in the SW regional....Maybe an outside sniff of something wintry for hillier parts of the SE later tonight?.....Also the 12z outputs provide a ray of hope for wintry ppn on friday for parts of the region?......fingers crossed

a quick edit, I think JP's going to post up the FAX charts and his thoughts later on tonight, one post certainly to watch for

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 4

Posted

Important warning for the South West this week Pulled from twitter. You would think wind and rain would be enough.

Be #floodaware near the coast and be careful #Cornwall facing biggest waves in the world this week

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Just to put things in perspective - I've just had a trawl of all the deleted posts in the last week and can only find 3 or 4 posts from this thread which have been removed - so when you consider the number and diversity of posts in that time, it really is a tiny number. So there really is no need to worry about posts being gratuitously removed just because they aren't strictly weather related Posted Image

If I posted in here alot you could add a 0 to that weekly number, thats what I meant Posted Image

Of all the forums I go on, this one is the tighest run ship. Its great though and it works, thats why I stick around, albeit in the shadows 

• Like 3

Posted

18Z OPC surface analysis: another rapidly intensifying, developing deep low

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Think we all need to step back regards to moderation (yes I am ticked off too), lines have to be drawn, but I do feel the majority that use it like it the way it is and how it goes, just because it works in one place does not mean it will in another.

lets make it work for the majority rather the the minority and keep the happy family we have no?

Edited by Jax
  • Like 1

Posted

Is that the one coming Weds?

I believe it is Steve, The low near Iceland as well will just spin it in stronger.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Interesting programme on TV about sink holes in Florida tonight, where whole houses have disappeared into the ground, and seeing that car swallowed by a sink hole in High Wycombe, Bucks in the news. With all this rain it makes you wonder how many more holes will appear in areas with chalk or limestone in this country too, though the High Wycombe property was built over old chalk mines, which doesn't help. Landslips much more of a problem with the continuous rain, railways seem particularly prone recently in the southeast.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

If I posted in here alot you could add a 0 to that weekly number, thats what I meant Posted Image

Of all the forums I go on, this one is the tighest run ship. Its great though and it works, thats why I stick around, albeit in the shadows 

Post more then, we could do with your errr non imput (but grateful all the same )

said with tongue in cheek as we really do want your input and it is valued :)

• Like 1

Posted

It's mad - just move your mouse across the time line on here (on wind speed) and there are 4 or 5 Lows affecting the British Isles in the next week! http://magicseaweed.com/UK-Ireland-Surf-Chart/1/?chartType=PERPW#?chartType=WMAG&_suid=139146588223608823253685630532

Edited by SteveCoops
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Shall be eyeing those charts tonight and tomorrow,any upgrades on it and i`ll have to be considering taking the day off. :(