Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

In Southampton at the moment and according to the radar it should be raining moderately here, but just light drizzle. Think this could be over hyped as a rainfest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Shopping done!

Wind and rain picking up here now.

Unfortunately I have to go back out at rush hour to pick the OH up from the tattoo studio and go get Chinese food. Keeping a beady eye on the weather radars, though I suspect I will be going out just as it starts to really kick off!

Posted

just in with doggy. one look at radar and i am soooooo glad i'm not going out with him for a while.

Lee-Anne, thats a great photo. make sure you copyright that. its a very good snap and would grace many a postcard in the souvenier shop across the road from you at St Toms

got to go out again soon, but in the car this time.

chilly breeze picked up now and rain headed this way. just light stuff now but not for long me thinks :)

'noon all :D

• Like 3

Posted

Raining here now, of course, will no doubt be a puddle-infested drive back down the M25 . Going out in London tonight for a friend's birthday do somewhere along the Strand - probably the first time in years and years for me to do so. I have a feeling all the hair straighteners in the world won't fix the frizz-fest that my hair will be after the deluge hits it during the walk to and from Waterloo. Just as long as it's not the wrong type of rain for the journey home...

Have a lovely rest of day everyone.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

More wind, more rain, another warning from the Met O - actually it would probably be easier now if we just assumed it's either wet or windy or both until further notice but here is it anyway......

Yellow Warning of Wind for London & South East England :

Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Portsmouth, West Sussex & Southampton

Winds will increase on Saturday, with gusts widely to 50 to 60 mph, and locally to around 70 mph in exposed parts of the west. Additionally, large waves could lead to over-topping along some coastlines. The public should be aware of these hazards.

This is an update to the Alert issued yesterday to include more of southwest England, Wales and northwest England whilst withdrawing it from parts of Northern Ireland and southwest Scotland where the risk is considered lower. 

Issued at:

1307 on Fri 31 Jan 2014

Valid from:

0600 on Sat 1 Feb 2014

Valid to:

0300 on Sun 2 Feb 2014

A deep Atlantic low will move north close to western parts of the UK on Saturday. Associated very strong winds together with bands of squally showers will affect many parts but particularly western areas.  The combination of very strong winds, large waves and high tides will lead to hazardous conditions at times in some coastal areas. Winds will ease from the south later on Saturday but remain strong in the north into early Sunday.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=B3A0ED27-B831-BD4B-4E54-E80F5557656D_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1391385600

Posted

thanks MK Posted Image

nice lunch i hope Posted Image

was meant to have an appointment myself this morning but got delayed through oversleeping and housework :doh::D

Edited by MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Hey guys. It's raining, cold and breezy. Not all is lost though.... Just got my P45 after 13 years service, a great send off from my remaining colleges, and now down the pub.. Hehe

Have a great one peeps.

• Like 5

Posted

just in with doggy. one look at radar and i am soooooo glad i'm not going out with him for a while.

Lee-Anne, thats a great photo. make sure you copyright that. its a very good snap and would grace many a postcard in the souvenier shop across the road from you at St Toms

got to go out again soon, but in the car this time.

chilly breeze picked up now and rain headed this way. just light stuff now but not for long me thinks Posted Image

'noon all Posted Image

My friend actually took the photo - so maybe she should copy right it instead!  I missed any weather yesterday as I was doing my 1 day per week at Guy's Hospital - and it's a windowless office Posted Image 

Raining here now, of course, will no doubt be a puddle-infested drive back down the M25 . Going out in London tonight for a friend's birthday do somewhere along the Strand - probably the first time in years and years for me to do so. I have a feeling all the hair straighteners in the world won't fix the frizz-fest that my hair will be after the deluge hits it during the walk to and from Waterloo. Just as long as it's not the wrong type of rain for the journey home...

Have a lovely rest of day everyone.

If you are travelling to London by train Reefseeker, just check the railway company's website first.  Southeastern have put a message on their site to say they are putting speed restrictions on the network at 8pm until close of service (which in other words means the trains will be cancelled and delayed all evening and they are getting their excuse in early) - due to the wind and rain later...

• Like 1

Posted

Further to my dream of moving somewhere warm and sunny with little or no rain I thought I'd cheer myself up on this dismal afternoon by looking at what's available, it would seem that 'Estate agent speak' applies to all languages and 'requires some work doing to it' translates to 'needs rebuilding'....

post-10773-0-31036400-1391179993_thumb.j

...on the positive side (apart from the blue sky of which there isn't here) it's well under budget and would be the 'business property' not the 'residential' one Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

If you are travelling to London by train Reefseeker, just check the railway company's website first.  Southeastern have put a message on their site to say they are putting speed restrictions on the network at 8pm until close of service (which in other words means the trains will be cancelled and delayed all evening and they are getting their excuse in early) - due to the wind and rain later...

nothing changed there then SR :rolleyes:

bring back Connex ...... oh, just remembered; they were worse :nonono:

Posted

thanks MK Posted Image

nice lunch i hope Posted Image

Lovely thank you - just a shame I've had to come back and work for a couple of hours, only two clients this afternoon though then I get my POETS day !

Southeastern have put a message on their site to say they are putting speed restrictions on the network at 8pm until close of service (which in other words means the trains will be cancelled and delayed all evening and they are getting their excuse in early) - due to the wind and rain later...

.......is that because it's the wrong kind of wind and rain or just too much of it Posted Image

Posted

Further to my dream of moving somewhere warm and sunny with little or no rain I thought I'd cheer myself up on this dismal afternoon by looking at what's available, it would seem that 'Estate agent speak' applies to all languages and 'requires some work doing to it' translates to 'needs rebuilding'....

Posted Imagefor sale.jpg

...on the positive side (apart from the blue sky of which there isn't here) it's well under budget and would be the 'business property' not the 'residential' one Posted Image

but didnt you know MK??? people living in endless days of warm sunny climes, ... come to the UK for a break  Posted Image

Posted

.......is that because it's the wrong kind of wind and rain or just too much of it Posted Image

neither; its because they just cant run a train franchise :o

any excuse will do

"we are sorry for the delay to the next train; this is due to a crisp packet blowing across the lines" :lol:

Blimey! MKSA, SR and MAF all online together.... we will need to rename this thread "banter" :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Here comes the rain again............It's grey, cold and windy here too. But, I like this wet and wild weather. :)

Posted

Yes, it did cross my mind that there might be some 'challenges' on the railways. And yes, Southwest Trains are showing 'major disruption' for my routes, although doesn't seem to be weather-related.... yet, oh dear:/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny and Dry with a Hard Frost.

The front(s) seem to be moving through at a right old pace. Might well be drier in SW Surrey in a couple of hours! That's not bad....though obviously not great!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

After a rather bright start to the day it quickly turned dull and then duller and by midday the rain arrived, not much at first but some more frequent and heavier bursts this afternoon, wind has picked up too, glad then I have no obvious reason I can think of to step back outside until tomorrow when it should all have cleared away by (shops and library open all day so I can wait).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just sent this over to mum and she is sending it to the people that own the lake as they are away and also to the peeps by me.. This is as it stands currently the blue line being the flood line mum says it is up another 2"!!!!

Posted Imageflooding.jpg

My house is the one to the left of the pool

Move the blue line away and you will be fine again Posted Image