Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Good morning all.

Foggy start here today and the temperature is -0.5 at the moment so chilly too.

Barcome Mills near here is on flood alert, so fully expecting things to get a lot worse with the heavy rain predicted for later on today.

Take care if you are out and about today - wellies, wet weather gear and strong brollies are the order of the day I think!

Posted

Blackprince, yes it was sad when they shut that facility down, always wondered how all those skilled people where going to find work, the only bit of hope I can offer you, is that it is improving out there, certainly in the near to medium term in the food industry and associated industries there is a genuine increase in investment throughout the UK, still worried about the long term. Let's hope the governments etc don't muck it all up, because the recovery is fragile and it wouldn't take much to derail it, think its a big election coming up, I'm hoping that by then companies will be to far committed to pull out.

I know this won't be a popular comment, but both the people we are talking are being realistic about their wages, and we have been able to agree a realistic package on the understanding if they prove their worth then in the near future, further rewards will come their way. The agencies also have been more realistic with their demands, cutting their fees by up to 30%, which is appreciated.

Dry out still.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, almost the weekend :)

dry and misty this morning here.

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Just more than a bit worried as to what the weather is going to bring over the next couple of days... Our first lamb was born yesterday. Posted Image  Am hoping that this is an early bird and that the ladies in waiting are going to wait a bit longer before the patter of tiny hooves starts in earnest Posted Image

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I'm enjoying reading the positive upturns many on here are experiencing. On the other hand there's the awful weather which is depressing.

Having been stuck indoors all week, i'm having a site visit in Kent today. Looks like i might get it done before all hell breaks loose. Have a good POETS day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

morning all,

was a bit foggy in Hatfield this morning, but in London now and sun trying to come out. Im going to my parents house in Southend this afternoon to pick up my new car (well its new for me)....

When is the wind meant to be coming in?

have a good Friday all x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Our mist last night turned to quite thick fog. Seems to have cleared now. The Sun is even poking through, goodness =-O

Happy Chinese New Year to you all. Let's hope the Horse brings in better weather than that slimey Snake!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. It was bright and quite sunny in Ippy, but..it's now clouding up a tad; and it's windy.

Have a good day, everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunder ~ both together would be great !

Turned cold last hour or so in whitstable really feels like winter today yippee !!

No rain as yet either but sky looks full of something :-?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all (well not much of it left now but I've been busy this morning) I need to get my skates on and go and get ready to meet my friend for lunch....

post-10773-0-17226100-1391167053_thumb.j

......shame it's not ice skates I need though, have a good day peeps Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Just waiting for the deluge, tonbridge sports ground under water again after the last 2 days rain.

The river looking fast and high again driving through earlier

This 'winter' epitomises for me everything that can make it the very worst season of all if it doesn't produce snowy weather, or in the absence of that just calm, crisp, frosty and sunny days with blue skies and red sunsets fading gently into sparkly starry nights.

There has been none of the former and barely been a day, let alone a spell of the latter either this winter so far - poor beyond recognition

Little point in moaning on an individual basis because we are all pretty much totally fed up with it.  However it looks like next week it could, if it is at all possible, get even worse with some very ominous secondary low pressure systems swinging up from the south west to return the risk of severe gales once more as we saw in the festive season..to add to the almost daily rain fest of this appalling winter.

I know many of us have been on snow search, and of course *ideally* such a change in pattern would be welcome and also reward Tomasino and Chris for their hard work in organising the Snow cup, but with no sign of anything snowy or seasonal in sight, and no respite from the downpours and gales then it is making for a very bleak opening for February to carry on from much of December and all of JanuaryPosted Image .

I admit on this basis I can't wait till winter IS over...good riddance - trouble is, there is no end whatsoever to this hideous atlantic pattern and later next week looks increasingly worrying as a very deep upper low sits just to our west and north west in the atlantic and feeds some rapidly deepening secondary lows which could pack some very strong winds indeed on the southern and south eastern eastern flanks of them. We look in our region, along with others in the south west at present to be placed very unfavourably for the track of these and they need to be watched over the weekend and into next week. The one tightening up here in the south western approaches on this mornings ECM is just one case in point

Posted Image

Best try and ignore the next batch of rain arriving later today and make the most of the dry few hours ahead. For me that means some bedroom clearance and a visit to the local tip. How I like to live on the edge on a Friday !Posted Image

Thanks Tamara, I was looking at the sledge in the shed last weekend and it bought back memories of last year, suppose there is always next yearPosted Image

I wonder if we could allocate everyone an enviorment agency  guage on a certain river and replace that with snow depth, although I think we would need to handicap a few people who get certain rivers.

Edited by chris mantle
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Garden is still saturated and there is yet another wall of water coming in this afternoon... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

May be a wall of water down here, but i'm trying not to look at the Extra radar for Scotland at the mo....

Never have seen the darker red shades for snowfall, but they look like they're getting pasted.

Posted

May be a wall of water down here, but i'm trying not to look at the Extra radar for Scotland at the mo....

Never have seen the darker red shades for snowfall, but they look like they're getting pasted.

The Cairngorms are struggling with the sheer amount of snow fall this year, the ski areas are open for a day or so, then closed because of wind and blizzards again.... hopefully the spring season will be good one for them.

FC

Posted

I will just about escape before the worst of the weather hits the SE this afternoon, unfortuately at home in SW france its just as bad, our local river, The Charente, has burst its banks in the town centre and it looks like its going to be another wet weekend.

Take care one and all and stay safe

Cheers

FC

Posted

Morning everyone, I have been really cheered up today by the kindness of one of the posters on this thread, I won't say who or what they did in case they are shy, but it was a really unexpected and nice thing they did for me privately.

The folks here really are the best, as I've said before.

• Like 8

Posted

Well, I'm on my way to Birmingham for the weekend, but I hope everyone escapes any more flooding in the SE and EA! It doesn't look like a very fun afternoon/evening ahead...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Incoming!!!

Here we go folks.....scream if you wanna go faster!!

post-11316-0-76238500-1391174173_thumb.p