Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Good evening lovely people,

Yes, I too had constant rain today. Doesn't it get you down? Posted Image

BUT, Mr. Sunshine made a brief appearance around 5.15pm so I went and stood in the garden to get some vitamin D. G.P surgery's must be doing a roaring trade in Anti Depressants and vitamin D3 tabs!

Friday evening and Saturday look ominous too. Please give me some light at the end of this very long dark tunnel Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

hi jan

hope your well

does this help??

Posted Image

sorry only kidding

if any consolation the charts are spread at 144 so nothings settled yet

reality shows though at present they are rubbish looking for now

will check fax later to see if that helps or not

regards

johnPosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Bit o fog here!! Chilly too. Water n mud all over aswell, Urghh..

• Like 1

Posted

I apologise as per usual the item is not weather related, I know a lot of us in this region use the Dartford crossing and thought you might be interested in the following, also note the last paragraph informs you about the removal of the booths and the number plate recognition system.

Improvements to a discount scheme to help local people who regularly use the Dartford-Thurrock Crossing has been announced by the Transport Secretary today (12 September 2013).

Local residents, particularly those with privately owned vans, will benefit from the new way to pay.

From March 2014, people registered in the local resident discount scheme will be able to make unlimited trips over the crossing for just £20 a year. This option will also be open to local residents who privately own a two-axle vehicle, including vans.

Around 4,000 local people are expected to benefit from the move, although it will only be possible to register 1 vehicle, a car or a van, per resident at each address.

Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin said:

Local businessmen and women use the Dartford crossing regularly to make deliveries into Essex and Kent. They are the backbone of British industry and that is why I am keen to find new ways we can make their lives cheaper and easier.

At a cost of just over 5p a day we will help thousands of small businesses keep their costs down as well as saving money for those who currently belong to the residents’ discount scheme.

In a move to cut bureaucracy, the Transport Secretary also announced that motorists registered on the local resident discount scheme will only have to send in their vehicle documentation every 2 years, rather than annually.

The existing scheme - which allows motorists to pay £10 for 50 trips a year and 20p for each crossing thereafter - will continue, and existing users of the scheme will be eligible for the new way to pay.

There are currently more than 24,000 people signed up to the local resident discount scheme. Some 4,000 local residents make more than 100 trips each in a year and 700 of them make more than 400 trips a year; these residents are set to save money with the £20 flat rate.

In addition to the changes to the residents scheme and as part of a package of measures to ease congestion and improve traffic flow at the Dartford-Thurrock River Crossing, a new free-flow charging arrangement is due to be introduced during October 2014. This will see barriers removed and people able to pay before they cross, either online, by phone or at certain service areas.

Forgotten to mention the weather sorry, not raining and dry.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 2

Posted

here i go again

tonight

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

drizzly dank misty murky night

temps

Posted Image

if you get clear a frost is likely

if not you will likely see drizzle and potential fog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a misty murky start with light drizzle clearing by mid morning

winds south westerly

starting weak

getting stronger after lunchtime on

rainfall

Posted Image

effecting most areas by around 2-3 pm

looks moderate to start but getting heavier later on

Posted Image

temps chilly am

warming up when rain arrives

although will not feel it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

winds easing from midnight onwards

rainfall

Posted Image

heavier rain starts around 8pm and continues

towards the morning clearing around rush hour

WATCH FOR FLOODING AGAIN

temps

Posted Image

around 6 degrees

when rain clears temps stay around the same

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday

Posted Image

winds again start to get gusty on a south west flow

rain

Posted Image

we should just about hold on to a dry day today

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

somewhere around 4-5 degrees

just watching that trough for now

also note we are under 528 dam air so will feel cold

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday night

Posted Image

a strong and cold south west wind

rainfall

Posted Image

expect some rain but not too heavy

and may just be drizzly in local areas

mist in local areas shielded from the wind

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

quite cold

if you see clear skys you will get a frost

if cloud and drizzle you wont

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

wind not too strong from a westerly direction

rain

Posted Image

some drizzle and low cloud

but overall looks mainly dry

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

temps around 5-6 degrees

locally may stay low if mist and fog stick around

especially coastal and rural areas

basically

double yuk

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Oh God - My facebook is full of people worrying over tomorrow/Saturdays winds -.- Everyone is sharing a page from the express saying there is going to be 150mph winds. So misleading.

• Like 5

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

hi ryan

around 40-50 mph

may see a slightly higher gust

not really wind related tomorrow although will be gusty

the rain looks the bigger issue

• Like 4

Posted

......In addition to the changes to the residents scheme and as part of a package of measures to ease congestion and improve traffic flow at the Dartford-Thurrock River Crossing, a new free-flow charging arrangement is due to be introduced during October 2014. This will see barriers removed and people able to pay before they cross, either online, by phone or at certain service areas.

about time too! if it works so well for the congestion charge then why not for the crossing. and then, hopefully, woolwich wont come to a standstill every time theres a queue at dartford.

back on topic.... second dog walk today in the dry. nice and chilly now and pretty clear skies. down to 5C in SE18 so maybe a frost by morning if it stays clear.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Yes. Tomorrows rain is looking very concerning, hopefully things don't turn out as bas as is currently being predicted, but it's not looking great for many currently.We have had almost 40mm of rain in the past 2 days! 

Posted

Oh God - My facebook is full of people worrying over tomorrow/Saturdays winds -.- Everyone is sharing a page from the express saying there is going to be 150mph winds. So misleading.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/456975/Storm-Brigid-rages-towards-Britain-bringing-150MPH-KILLER-winds-heavy-rain-and-SNOW

oh wow i just looked for it, i hadn't seen it.I am well scared now, after all this is the SECOND apocalypse we've had in the past fortnight.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/456975/Storm-Brigid-rages-towards-Britain-bringing-150MPH-KILLER-winds-heavy-rain-and-SNOW

oh wow i just looked for it, i hadn't seen it.I am well scared now, after all this is the SECOND apocalypse we've had in the past fortnight.

Don't worry the wind will not be that strong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

well stop wrestling in it then :o :lol:'ning all :)

Haha reading that made my wine go down the wrong way!! And benidorm is on!Foggy here still and badger just visited. Huge he was.

Posted

Now, I'm quite cold and was cold in bed last night.Would I be overdoing it to take a duvet off another bed and use it on my bed? Then I'll have three duvets on my bed.Posted Image

nooooooo! thats 3 duvets too many. :D cant get into a warm bed :nonono:

Posted

Posted Image

for us it looks lively

see the 2 fronts

the first one is a warm front

followed very quickly but a cold front

now looking at this it looks to miss us here

the thing that is being watched is a potential gust front

i do not personally see this effecting us here

but if it does it may replay the gust front from the other day

you will only see 150 mph winds from a tornado not from these charts

• Like 2

Posted

Haha reading that made my wine go down the wrong way!! And benidorm is on!

Foggy here still and badger just visited. Huge he was.

are you feeding him? we have plenty of foxes here. they dont seem to be bothered about mr dog barking at them. in fact they seem to be teasing him sometimes. "come and get me if you can :p "

theres so much waste food thrown away that the urban foxes round this way look better fed then some cats.

i wonder if this winter has made a difference to wildlife. must be plenty of food about most winters. but with the lack of frosts and snow i imagine theres more food to go around Posted Image  Posted Image

Edited by MAF

Posted

hi jenny

if i said what i thought about that piece by the express

i would be banned from here

so better not but its uTTer scaremongering tripe

Edited by john pike
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Why oh why can't newspapers be prosecuted for this. It's complete trash and deliberately targets the most vulnerable to make them worry. I seriously hate this country sometimes.

• Like 5

Posted

yep. agree with JP 100%

word of advice....Never read the Express weather stories! **

:D

**unless they are stories about what has happened. :)

• Like 1

Posted

are you feeding him? we have plenty of foxes here. they dont seem to be bothered about mr dog barking at them. in fact they seem to be teasing him sometimes. "come and get me if you can Posted Image "

theres so much waste food thrown away that the urban foxes round this way look better fed then some cats.

When I lived in Southend the rubbish was collected in bags on the side of the road, foxes were always getting in the bags and taking left over food.

I think they were well fed in this way because i had cats then, and often in the summer i would find cats and foxes sound asleep close together in the garden, all ignoring each other, and not concerned at all.

The foxes were very tame and not scared of humans, i was more scared of them.You would often see them slinking along the road in the middle of the day.

hi jenny

if i said what i thought about that piece by the express

i would be banned from here

so better not but its upper scaremongering tripe

hi, yes i can imagine, i'm used to them  by now, whatever they say, i check what the folks here say, i trust the folks here more.

• Like 2