Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all - Grey, wet, flooded roads, a left foot booty and stuck in traffic.  Great start to Thursday ;-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Good morning everyone.

Wet, grey and misty here. Temps risen to 4 in the last half hour, but it's really murky with a horrible persistent drizzle.

Going to meet a friend for lunch and she has just sent me a message to bring wellies( she lives at the end of a country lane) as the ground is so wet! Wondering if I should take an inflatable boat as well just in case!

Have a good day all.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all

I am in Nottingham this morning and its snowing!!!  hopefully youguys will see some before the rain and wind hit tonight.....

FC

Posted

Yukkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

and the weathers not to nice either!

Morning all Posted Image

another day off work with this flu/chest infection. Posted Image suppose i should don the wellies and get doggy out for walk before he bites my arm off wanting his walk. not convinced it will be a long one though... rain. rain. rain and mud and yet more rain Posted Image

.. edit - Mr Fawkes doing 10:30 weather "i think the rains likely to last all day in london" :( deep joy! :nonono:

Edited by MAF
  • Like 1

Posted

In Reigate it is +4c, the dewpoint is +3.6c and it is raining.

It's difficult to find too many positives in that description!

AS

• Like 3

Posted

In Reigate it is +4c, the dewpoint is +3.6c and it is raining.It's difficult to find too many positives in that description!AS

least its not blowing a gale :)

Met office stats just released to say its wettest January since 1910 (like we dont already know) :rolleyes:

Posted

Feeling a bit better no but have had to cancel blood tests today luckily they said it can wait till Southernman an take me on Monday.

Clear here, no rain, no wind, nothing.Very chilly.

Posted

30 January 2014 - Early Met Office statistics for January 2014 show that the southeast and central southern England region has already had its wettest January in records going back to 1910, with three days still to go.

A large area of southern England from East Devon to Kent and inland across parts of the midlands has already seen twice the average rainfall for the month.

Southeast and central southern England has received more than twice its average rainfall with 175.2 mm of rain from 1 - 28 January. This beats the previous record of 158.2 mm set in January 1988.

courtesty Met Office

full story here :-

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/archive/2014/Early-January-Stats

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I have 5 degrees outside

22 degrees in my front room

So I will stick with the latter.

Rayning in Raynes Park. Still.

Posted

Roads in Yalding starting to be shut due to flooding. Sayng that, I can see blue sky outside my window.

Edited by warrenb

Posted

Still seeing reports that it's snowing lightly further north, I.e Sheffield, and Lincs. area.

Not sure if it's down to elevation or whether the colder uppers are a few hundred miles further north.

Anyone think it will sink south and turn this light rain abit sleety ?

Edited by fatyido

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
continuos rain enters its 40th hour here in SE London......quite incredible

Posted

Stopped raining here in Brighton, can even see some blue in the sky!!

mind you dont jinx it Posted Image

not sure i am too bothered about constant rain. ok, dog walking is a nuisance with the saturated ground and drying dog off a few times a day is a pain. but its nice getting out in the fresh air and i cant make the rain stop so i just accept it. what i would like now though is for it to start getting lighter in the afternoon/evening. seems to be dark all the time lately. so even though im off work sick, its nice getting out in relative daylight if only so i can recce the walking areas so i know what places to avoid in the dark

8C here, grey and damp, chilly breeze too.

i salute the inventer of wellie boots! Posted Image

Edited by MAF
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

At last, it has finally stopped raining.... No blue sky - but its a start.

Edited by LeighD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Portsmouth, Southampton, Surrey & West Sussex

A further area of heavy rain will spread eastwards across the UK on Friday, clearing the southeast of England during the early hours of Saturday. 20-30 mm of rain will fall quite widely, with around 40 mm on some high ground in the southwest of England and south Wales. The heavy rain will be accompanied by strong to gale force winds.

The public should be aware of possible disruption, primarily due to further flooding, chiefly in areas already, or recently, affected.

This is an update to the warning first issued on Tuesday to extend the yellow area into Powys.

Issued at:

1123 on Thu 30 Jan 2014

Valid from:

0800 on Fri 31 Jan 2014

Valid to:

0300 on Sat 1 Feb 2014

Another very deep area of low pressure will spread heavy rain and strong to gale force winds eastwards across the UK during Friday, before the associated frontal systems clear the southeast of England during the early hours of Saturday. Following recent wet weather, the areas highlighted have saturated ground and are particularly sensitive to further heavy rain.

Yellow Alert of Wind for London & South East England :

Isle of Wight, West Sussex, East Sussex, Kent, Hampshire, Portsmouth & Brighton and Hove

Winds will increase on Saturday, with gusts widely to 50 to 60 mph, and perhaps to around 70 mph in exposed parts of the west and north. Additionally large waves could lead to over-topping along some coastlines. The public should be aware of these hazards.

This is an update to the Alert first issued on Wednesday to include English Channel coasts.

Issued at:

1207 on Thu 30 Jan 2014

Valid from:

0600 on Sat 1 Feb 2014

Valid to:

0600 on Sun 2 Feb 2014

A deep Atlantic low will move north close to western parts of the UK on Saturday. Associated very strong winds together with bands of squally showers will affect many parts but particularly western areas. The combination of very strong winds, large waves and high tides will lead to hazardous conditions at times in some coastal areas. Winds will ease from the south later on Saturday but remain strong in the north into early Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. What a morning! It wasn't raining too hard when we left home earlier so numpty here didn't wear a coat. Got out of car to go to cash point and got absolutely drenched. :( It was hammering down for a while.

Brightening up now but still very overcast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Still raining here, we had a bit of sleet in a heavier burst last night.We had 27mm of rain up to midnight yesterday and another 5mm has fallen so far today