Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms February 2014

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Many of the main roads, motorways and dual carriageways, across the south of Ireland are closed now (not to mention blocked minor roads). Many incidents and fallen trees.

This is an incredibly dangerous storm, if you're in its path, don't take it lightly.

Gust of 159km/h in Shannon airport.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Good Lord! An enormous gust just blew off the top of my chimney sending it crashing onto the conservatory roof! Greenhouse also been half destroyed, door blown off and several panes of glass gone. Several neighbours fences also down. This is the worst winds I can ever remember.

Bloody hell, stay safe.

• Like 6

Posted

AA Twitter https://twitter.com/aaroadwatch

LIMERICK CITY: Gardai advising public to stay indoors: alot of slates & tiles coming off roofs. http://theAA.ie/Roadwatch 

• Like 1

Posted

Good Lord! An enormous gust just blew off the top of my chimney sending it crashing onto the conservatory roof! Greenhouse also been half destroyed, door blown off and several panes of glass gone. Several neighbours fences also down. This is the worst winds I can ever remember.

oh dear hope your ok flipping heck sounds like something out of a movie.
  • Like 1

Posted

That's horrendous! - keep safe if you can.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

Posted

Stay safe as you can it sounds awful

The chimney has stood for some 60 years so that was one mighty gust. Worst to come probably as well, I imagine a lot of damage across the country by the end of this.

Could have been killed if underneath that chimney, so it really is dangerous out there.

• Like 2

Posted

Anyone know what the preps for RAF valley have been? i'd imagine the RAF would have the foresight to move the aircraft onto more easterly bases last night until the storm passes.

loads mil aircraft flew above 11 am this morning it was like we was at war would assume they been scrambled to new safer location

• Like 2

Posted

850hpa winds clearing the skies here as the front now moves through, cooler winds (but gustier) encroaching.

Posted

No let up in the wind, but turning increasingly sleety, temperature at 3.8C. The mountain snow must be incredible.

• Like 1

Posted

Latest status update from Met Eireann.

STATUS RED

Wind Warning for Munster and Wexford

Update

Continuing very stormy with violent winds through the rest of this afternoon and early evening, as winds veer westerly, mean speeds of 80 to 90km/hr and very severe gusts of 130 to 170km/hr.

Posted

My interpretation of the windfield currently, everything due to shift eastwards as the LLC moves NE across southern Scotland in the coming hours ahead.

post-8763-0-49495900-1392216042_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow...

Not too bad in Eden valley Cumbria, at the minute, was worse about 13.00.

Not getting lulled into a false sense of security though, candles are out just in case and plenty of bread and biccies in!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Latest status update from Met Eireann.

STATUS RED

Wind Warning for Munster and Wexford

Update

Continuing very stormy with violent winds through the rest of this afternoon and early evening, as winds veer westerly, mean speeds of 80 to 90km/hr and very severe gusts of 130 to 170km/hr.

170km/hr wow :o, thanks for the share. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Absolutely shocking wind speeds and gusts on XC Weather, an exceptional event unfolding!! http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Wales is now taking a pounding and it's going to get worse close to hurricane force recorded @ Mumbles, Mace Head joining in now with 70mph gusting 97mph!

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 2

Posted

the strange thing for me is you usually get the strongest wind/gust when it rains, but not today, wind seems to ease a touch when a shower goes through, now here is bright blue sunny sky.......but the wind is horrendous,

Mace Head has seen a big jump in the mean wind speeds at 1pm 30mph and just 1 hour later 70mph with gusts up to 97mph its insane and shows just how fast the winds can pick up.

Over the next few hours Wales and England will start to see the winds increase even more which is rather concerning when places in Wales have already reported gusts between 80 to 92mph.