Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms February 2014

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Network Rail confirms Crewe station is now closed after roof damage and power lines came down in high winds. The power lines is apparently on fire too.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Is it pretty hairy there Crewe?  What are conditions like on the ground there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Is it pretty hairy there Crewe?  What are conditions like on the ground there?

Just a bit....there was a vicious gust about 30 mins ago which may be responsible for ripping the roof off....

• Like 1

Posted

DAMAGE TO THE ROOF APPARENTLY.bUILDIONG DOWN ON SCOTTY RD IN LIVEROOL AND TREES DOWN ON THE EAST LANCS HEADING IN.

Building down??  Posted Image

Hi this is my first post but I have been lurking all winter. I live on the Isle of Man, we are outside the UK Met Office weather warnings but our local Met Office has issued a Red Warning for wind. We never feature in most forecasts, can someone give me an idea of when the strongest winds are likely to reach us this evening? thanks

• Like 1

Posted

Power cables on fire around Crew station so yes defo closed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

RTE News

260,000 homes without power; state of emergency in Kilkenny as storm batters country

A major emergency plan has been activated in Co Kilkenny due to damage caused by high winds.

Gardaí, the HSE, local authorities and other groups were immediately informed and are working off the major emergency plan, which details a co-ordinated response to such incidents, and outlines areas of responsibility for each agency.

There are no specific reports of any injuries.

In a statement gardaí said a local co-ordination group has strategically assessed the situation and identified a list of roads to be cleared.

The priority will be reopening routes to the hospital.

Gardaí and county council officials have advised people to stay indoors and avoid any unnecessary travel.

Managing Director of ESB Networks Jerry O'Sullivan said: "We are dealing with a situation that is as bad if not worse than anything that we have seen in the past decade.â€

He said today's damage was of a different magnitude to disruption experienced in December, and that it will take longer to repair.

Met Éireann has extended a code level red warning for the south with "dangerous westerly winds" and mean speeds of 80 to 100km/h and very severe gusts of 130 to 170km/h.

The warning is valid until 7pm.

There is disruption to phone lines, numerous incidents of debris blocking roads and damage to property as a result of the storm.

Kerry County Council is urging people to stay indoors, with reports of damaged tress, tiles and debris.

The storm brought high seas and damaging winds, especially in exposed coastal areas.

Eircom said 11,000 faults have been reported on its network as a result of the recent bad weather.

AA Roadwatch has said a number of roads have been blocked in the south and southeast by fallen trees, telephone poles and other debris.

Gardaí have appealed to motorists in Cork and Kerry not to make unnecessary journeys.

University Hospital, Limerick said it was expecting 14 ambulances to arrive by 5.30pm with injuries caused during the storm.

The hospital is attempting to clear as many beds as possible to cope with the increased demand for services.

Elective surgery has been cancelled for Thursday.

Edited by Luke Anthony

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Posted Image

OMG LOOK AT THAT!

THE SUN IS OUT!

• Like 4

Posted

Bloody hell! Told you it was bad!

Just heard it on BBC24 as breaking news mate must have been some wind to bring them down hard enough to ignite them....

Posted

Lights now flickering, if the wind keeps up i wouldn't be surprised with a power cut, especially being rural!

Lights also flickering here, getting much stronger and my house sits fairly low down so it will be worse up the street

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Starting to gust over 70mph here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Posted Image

Now that is a big tree! Insane. 

Posted

Lights also flickering here, getting much stronger and my house sits fairly low down so it will be worse up the street

Peak expected around 7 to 8pm with gusts of up to 70mph for our local. Not expecting the disruption being experienced further west although knowing our luck i shall not rule out a power cut!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Just heard it on BBC24 as breaking news mate must have been some wind to bring them down hard enough to ignite them....

Probably explains all the sirens!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Peak expected around 7 to 8pm with gusts of up to 70mph for our local. Not expecting the disruption being experienced further west although knowing our luck i shall not rule out a power cut!

Passed seventy some time pack. Gusting regularly into the 60's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Strong winds moving into NW England, Liverpool Airport with a gust of 71mph. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ 

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Unbelievable gusts of wind here now.. i'd guess we will loose the electricity by the end of this.

Posted

Passed seventy some time pack. Gusting regularly into the 60's.

Unfortunately my weather vane has given up so no idea what gusts we are currently experiencing, although they are getting stronger