Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms February 2014

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

My parents can't pick up my sis from school due to downed trees.

UCC in Cork has informed all students to remain inside whatever buildings they're in, too dangerous to leave.

Gosh that is serious, Wales next in line

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Squall like feature/s on current radar. Will get briefly nasty if you're in the line of fire from them.

post-7183-0-46756500-1392213540_thumb.pn

The track of the one over Wiltshire is currently somewhere between Swindon and Marlborough I'd imagine. Another interesting squall between Gloucester and Malvern around about now too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Anyone got the buoy readings website?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Current power outages in Ireland

https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

Lights flickering ever 10-15 seconds here for the last while...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Anyone got the buoy readings website?

Some of the ones near Ireland are here http://www.met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

The very strong winds over Ireland will be transferring N&E'wards to affect Wales through the afternoon and then N England this evening as the depression tracks north. Keep the reports coming in, but please folks don't put yourself in danger!  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Squall like feature/s on current radar. Will get briefly nasty if you're in the line of fire from them.

Posted Image1350GMT 120214 NW v6 radar with squall like feature.png

The track of the one over Wiltshire is currently somewhere between Swindon and Marlborough I'd imagine. Another interesting squall between Gloucester and Malvern around about now too.

Yep that's what went through here, VERY gusty with hail/rain in torrential amounts, as we're on a hill the water cascades down the road, was quite a sight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Britannia Bridge closed to high sided vehicles and 50 mph speed restriction for everyone else.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Just arrived in Llangefni. More meetings now while the wind gets stronger outside... Update again when I come out. Trees already bending really far over. Worried

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything not grey and damp

Its pretty horrible here now.

Been gusting 65-75mph for the last hour with the odd one in the high 70's. The last 5/10 min the intensity seems to have picked up though, top speeds are no greater, but just seem to be more consistently in the 70's.

I live in a static caravan and it is behaving like a boat at sea, don't worry though shes well tied down.

Nothing to major to report, the farm shed down the road has lost the other half of its roof, the first half going in the easterlies about 10 days ago. A local road is shut due to the road being blocked by a garage roof.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

In cardiff today after a terrible drive from telford through worcester and hereford (not by choice) water everywhere and winds are really picking up now think an early check in to the hotel required!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

BBC reporting the Clifton Bridge has been closed for the first time in its history.

Still gusting hard here, can't get over the sheer roaring noise, and we're not even at the worst location! Wind's gone more SWly now and hitting us harder on the west side of the Malverns.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Shannon Airport @ 14.00 67mph G 91mph. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

from my old stomping ground, Laura Tobin has tweeted that Berry Head, Brixham recorded gust of 85mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Funnel cloud passing to the west of Lyneham tracking towards Wootton Bassett.......Well defined back edge passing overhead now, and winds have dropped significantly now, but gusted tremendously during hail fall, we've had approx an inch of laying hail which is rapidly melting.......All in all, that's not something you see everyday!.....

(just in case they're any doubters, .those who know me on here know that I have some knowledge re. convective weather and I don't bulls**t when it comes to reports)

I dodged a bullet with that one but judging by the radar it is still intact and would be effecting parts of South Oxfordshire right now, probably viewable from the A34.