Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms February 2014

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything not grey and damp

Met have just upped the wind gusts to 87 mph at 3pm for st david's. Good googely moogely.

I expect they will issue a Red warning...about 3 min before it all hits.

Posted

7 hours worth here according to met local forecast and that's excluding any early snow.

I'd be surprised if the rain took that long to get through. I think about half of that at the most..........we'll soon know Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Looking at bbc forecast we shud only see perhaps at most 2hrs of rain in worst areas which is at least something.

Posted

Met now going for 63 mph gusts here at 18:00 tomorrow, XC weather betting with 70+ 

Either way its going to be a windy one 

The ECM has the low slightly stronger than the GFS and UKMO, but doesn't seem to have changed the track too much. Wouldn't be surprised to see 90-100mph+ gusts on exposed coastlines, especially across wales or southern Ireland from this run.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Some charts from the 12z Euro4, extremely windy! These are in MPH... Hurricane force winds into SW Ireland with gale to severe gale force over land. the strongest winds then transfer into the Irish Sea towards Wales then steadily moving north into N England for the evening time. 

post-9615-0-68197200-1392142265_thumb.gipost-9615-0-45286300-1392142275_thumb.gipost-9615-0-85869100-1392142284_thumb.gipost-9615-0-46624300-1392142294_thumb.gi

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 2

Posted

noticed media focusing on the floods been little mention potential of its powerful winds tomorrow its bad but people need to kept informed this system as well ongoing flood problem.  Without this website all you posters providing model data those in firing line would hardly know.  Wonder if government taking eye on seriousness its developing into.

I thank you all updating data.

Wales news is mentioning about the 80mph gusts winds,think they`ll be higher than that 90mph maybe more this could well be the most potent severe gales of the winter.

Posted

By the time tonight is over, we may have a covering of snow around the river Severn, last thing they want is melting snow and rain followed by showers (as usual, they have been torrential.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Don't want to hear any of that 'north of m4' garbadge

Get enough of that during snow events

It's bad news for all, but it won't last long

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Don't want to hear any of that 'north of m4' garbadge

Get enough of that during snow events

It's bad news for all, but it won't last long

Erm it's an educated statement "north of the M4 experiencing severe gales" not sure what your point is - would you rather say something else?  Please elaborate and explain how you would point on a map without referring to the northern UK where the worst winds will be for tomorrows storm system.??

Edited by P-M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

last 3 posts binned......the parties in question need to chill out a bit or take your arguments to private message, and not clutter this thread with utter irrelevance,,,,ta!

• Like 3

Posted

sorry mods 

Edited by P-M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

no worries fellas, no point in falling out over inconsequentials when we have all this nasty, yet fascinating weather coming our way Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Not entirely sure why some seem ''disappointed'' to be missing out on this storm, if I'm honest I feel for anyone in it's path. This year has been an utter expense financially and personally as it is with floods etc, the last thing everyone needs is trees through their windows, cars, or roof tiles off their houses. I can get excited about snow etc, but this sort of weather is just a general pain in the backside.

Bring back the snow. This is a horrific so called winter.

• Like 9

Posted

Not entirely sure why some seem ''disappointed'' to be missing out on this storm, if I'm honest I feel for anyone in it's path. This year has been an utter expense financially and personally as it is with floods etc, the last thing everyone needs is trees through their windows, cars, or roof tiles off their houses. I can get excited about snow etc, but this sort of weather is just a general pain in the backside.

big thumbs up!...nail right on the head....I work outdoors, and the flooding and wind damage has crippled me fiancially at what is normally a busy time of year.....At the same time, being a weather enthusiast, I find myself glued to the model outputs and forecasts with a morbid fascination to see what's in store

• Like 2

Posted

Tell me about it mate.  I just seen the pics of the flood areas down south and boy oh boy it puts in into perspective - feel so sorry for those folk like.  

I am not sure what to make of tomorrow but personally speaking I could do without it only because of work stuff but this winter just seems crazy so far.  The winds are likely to pick up in this locale later in the day with local news saying up to 90mph.... can't help feeling (being a weather enthusiast myself) that it's fascinating but maybe a bit too much on top of what we have all had to endure this winter.  As you say bring on the snow!

• Like 1