IGNORED

Atlantic Storms February 2014

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Yes Surrey had one a few years back for snow Posted Image

*COUGH*

Lol LukeyG stop it! Posted Image

I guess 60 - 70mph gust in the south west but poor northwestern wales, could see gusts around 90mph!  I can't even begin to imagine the damage it would have caused if it had hit the south head on

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

With the fact that this storm is going to be deepening the most as it reaches us, tells me that the models won't really have a realistic showing of the track or strength until very near the event.

There is a possibility that this storm could completely change direction in the last minute or suddenly deepen out of no where at the moment.

• Like 4

Posted

North Wales coast and Lancs/S Cumbria coast looks set to take a hammering on that last chart above.

Will be bad enough inland, but those charts posted above making it look a bit troublesome for coastal districts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

It's going to be a very windy for many tomorrow and not just inside the high warning area. Strongest winds start off over S Ireland & the SW before transferring NE'wards affecting Wales and then N England tomorrow evening. Looking like the most powerful storm so far this winter. 

Severe S & SW'ly gales on the N/E flank as the low makes inroads before the wind turns more westerly and become even stronger with a damaging wind field. 

post-9615-0-89039500-1392133941_thumb.gipost-9615-0-24804400-1392133951_thumb.gipost-9615-0-02552700-1392133959_thumb.gipost-9615-0-26013500-1392133988_thumb.gi

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything not grey and damp

Good day all

Current met forecast for me has it gusting to 83mph at its worst tomorrow. This is the worst forecast for wind i have seen in the last 4 yrs (that i can remember). This is the most excited (well scared) about a storm i've been in ages. Whilst i do like a a good gale, i do still want to have a home !.

I predict a national shortage of ridge tiles approaching.

• Like 1

Posted

I've been waiting all winter for this one.... The phrase pig in s..t comes to mind, that will be me tommorow eve.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've been waiting all winter for this one.... The phrase pig in s..t comes to mind, that will be me tommorow eve.

Get your anemometer out!!! :o
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

OMG NOOOOOOOOOO!

Really just when you think its all over this comes out of no where.

<_< Look at that low just off the east coast of the usa i bet thats coming too.

Edited by Skulltheruler
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Jesus! Fridays/saturdays storm has been upgraded too compared to the 06z this morning!  I read on Metcheck that it wasn't expected to be serious anymore due to a split jet streem or something?!

I'd post pictures to compare from the GFS but don't know how!

This could be even more serious than tomorrows storm for the south!

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

again doesn't seem that bad to me in my personal opinion for my area tomorrow usual gusty winds we've had this winter, nothing severe

Edited by JK1

Posted

GFS 12z just out and has made the low slightly deeper and upgraded the wind speeds a touch this storm is look really serious now,

12pm Wednesday - Mean speeds to the South of Ireland over 70mph,

Posted Imageukwind.png

Gusts of 60 to 70mph across England and Wales while the South of Ireland could see 90mph or slightly more,

Posted Imagegust.png

3pm is when the high winds will move inland across Ireland, Wales and England. Mean speeds inland ranges from 35 to 45mph,

Posted Imageukwind2.png

While the gusts look very severe with 90mph looking likely for the West of Wales and elsewhere across Ireland and England 60 to 75mph,

Posted Imagegust2.png

6pm The strong winds start to head North into Northern England. Mean speeds for inland area's across Northern England 30 to 45mph,

Posted Imageukwind3.png

60 to 70mph gusts across Northern England and parts of Wales. Some places could see over 80mph,

Posted Imagegust3.png

All I can say is do not under estimate this storm of all the storms I have watched closely this winter I haven't seen charts looking this bad for Ireland, England and Wales and they have had some really high winds already and it makes you wonder what this one will bring that is forecast to be stronger.

Looking that where I live could see 84/5mph winds later.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Holds white flag in surrenderPosted Image

Posted

Possible snow tonight! and some 60mph gusts tomorrow evening, first exiting thing since the beginning of December, Stay safe all 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Its a bullseye !

Yeah right on top of us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

The Low for Friday | Saturday has not ''come from nowhere'' 

It's been showing on the charts for almost 5 days, it's just that it's moved North. 

The modern generation are really blinkered, if it doesn't fit onto your mobile phone screen you just don't bother to look do you !!

• Peripheral vision .... is a wonderful thing kids, try it sometime !!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Amber warnings have just been updated (@16:21) to increase the impact, one step down from red. 

post-9615-0-56658100-1392137115.png

The warning has been updated to adjust the impact matrix to cater for medium likelihood of high impacts for west and north Wales on Wednesday afternoon and early evening.

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 3