Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms February 2014

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

You somehow seem pretty confident about that.

Well we can only go on what the models show can't we!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Anyway yes it will be a bad storm for whoever it hits, but thats not the point. I am annoyed as its just going to end up like a typical blowy day for us down here.

Normally I'd totally agree with you Ben, and if it were a snow storm we were missing out on then I'd be spitting feathers!.....I just reckon the vast majority of folk (severe weather enthusiasts or not) have had enough of these winter storms and want some more benign weather until the spring/summer storm season kicks in.......or to put it another way, severe weather is great, providing no one gets hurt or suffers financial loss Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

First 12z run from the GME German model. Much the same track & depth as previous runs. 

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gmee_cartes.php

Look at that pressure gradient.

post-9615-0-48638900-1392132318_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Norn' Ireland seems very popular with deep low centers this winter . Last weekend 950 mb here for the first time in my life . Main consequence has been lots of wind but locally not even a branch off a tree !  Still I am not envying anyone else their weather . ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Latest map tweeted by the MetOffice..

Posted Image1392132411.jpg

If my geography is correct, it looks like your very much in the line for some of the higher winds still.

Also, this storm plus Fridays potential could play havoc on the rebuilding of the Dawlish railway line.

Look forward to reading your observations tomorrow. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Latest map tweeted by the MetOffice..

Posted Image1392132411.jpg

Nope. I've been saying in the SW regional thread for a while that we aren't out of the woods at all. Cornwall, and although not shown on that map, up into the Bristol Channel could be the focal point of some very high windspeeds tomorrow. Best take care down there, if not for a precautionary measure at least.
  • Like 1

Posted

Wowsers, bont mess yourself over it dude. Now yoy know what it has been like in south yorkshire. We have only been proper over 70 mph once this winter. I was beginning to think I was been punished for something.

Noticed somones post got deleted, don't know why. Anyway yes it will be a bad storm for whoever it hits, but thats not the point. I am annoyed as its just going to end up like a typical blowy day for us down here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

If my geography is correct, it looks like your very much in the line for some of the higher winds still.Also, this storm plus Fridays potential could play havoc on the rebuilding of the Dawlish railway line.Look forward to reading your observations tomorrow. :)

Yeah, give or take a few miles!A nasty swathe for those further north, not good at all. It is likely to cause problems for a large part of the UK, unlike the usual areas that have been hit recently, combined with lots of heavy rain, a really hazardous storm, this one. :mellow:
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Is it just me that thinks that skywarn warning is rather confusing Posted Image

Lol just thiught that myself as i cant see north west in the warning yet we are in the firing line for this storm tomorrow.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Has the uk ever had a red warning?

Yes for snow in parts of wales last year and I think central Scotland had one for strong winds a few year back

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Back in 2013 i think in march there was a red warning in wales for snow.

Posted Image

Still not pinned down yet then.

Edited by Skulltheruler

Posted

The latest gas run seems to show the strongest gusts of 110-120 kph in an area from the wash to north wales on the south and Lancashire and Yorkshire on the north at 18.00, a bit further south than what the met office are saying, but also in about the same areas as what the 6z euro4 model was showing.

Posted

Yes for snow in parts of wales last year and I think central Scotland had one for strong winds a few year back

Back in 2013 i think in march there was a red warning in wales for snow.

Posted Image

Still not pinned down yet then.

Shows how much attention I pay!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Yes Surrey had one a few years back for snow Posted Image

*COUGH*

Worst winds still away from us though.

Good news for most around here I guess.

Posted

Interesting you say that on the old teletext service the Burns Day Storm was on a red for warning. There have been reds for take action when the southeast was under the heavy rain in July 07 which produced flash flooding throughout croydon leading to the whitgift centre flooding... 

GFS 12z just out and has made the low slightly deeper and upgraded the wind speeds a touch this storm is look really serious now,

12pm Wednesday - Mean speeds to the South of Ireland over 70mph,

post-6686-0-66906500-1392133094_thumb.pn

Gusts of 60 to 70mph across England and Wales while the South of Ireland could see 90mph or slightly more,

post-6686-0-34884500-1392133159_thumb.pn

3pm is when the high winds will move inland across Ireland, Wales and England. Mean speeds inland ranges from 35 to 45mph,

post-6686-0-42777700-1392133278_thumb.pn

While the gusts look very severe with 90mph looking likely for the West of Wales and elsewhere across Ireland and England 60 to 75mph,

post-6686-0-34957600-1392133345_thumb.pn

6pm The strong winds start to head North into Northern England. Mean speeds for inland area's across Northern England 30 to 45mph,

post-6686-0-10705900-1392133456_thumb.pn

60 to 70mph gusts across Northern England and parts of Wales. Some places could see over 80mph,

post-6686-0-69685100-1392133531_thumb.pn

All I can say is do not under estimate this storm of all the storms I have watched closely this winter I haven't seen charts looking this bad for Ireland, England and Wales and they have had some really high winds already and it makes you wonder what this one will bring that is forecast to be stronger.

Edited by weathermaster
  • Like 6