Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms February 2014

Coast

Posted

I am in no doubt the track will correct slightly SE from its current projection. Not quite as far SE as the Met Office alternative track tweet. Perhaps passing just North of Lincoln as it moves in to North Sea.

Just my view.

• Like 1

Posted

Mean speeds in excess of 100km/h through the Irish Sea, very unpleasant ferry crossings! 

Posted Image108.gif

If it's anything like Christmas, the ferries will all be cancelled.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

wow, I wonder, given I now appear to be dead on the path of the strongest winds, it will come anywhere close to Jan 2007, when countless trees were felled, shop frontages blown off and even half a house destroyed...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I am in no doubt the track will correct slightly SE from its current projection. Not quite as far SE as the Met Office alternative track tweet. Perhaps passing just North of Lincoln as it moves in to North Sea.Just my view.

I'm inclined to aggree. I'll await tomorrow's output though.Although the warnings could change, the mo did go from a yellow to amber quite quickly, as if they were. quite confident. Their graphic showing two outcomes still looks to be the best at the moment, so. we'll have to wait and see! Fascinating evolution though.. :)
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Ireland gets hit bad on the 18z gusts over 80mph or even 90mph likely,

Posted Images1.png

Posted ImageS2.png

Looks a potent system which should Thankfully move through a bit sharpish. I'm wondering whether those highest wind speeds are associated with the clearance of a Front or squall line for example. Could be another date to look out for a rearward sloping Ana front again. 

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Wednesdays storm is looking to be very fierce, but I mean look at Friday, look at all that rain that could be heading our way Posted Image

Louise Lear has suggested 40 to 70mm over the next few days for parts of NW and W Scotland, likewise the same was to be said for Southwestern parts of England. Plenty of active weather pretty much all week long with only Thursday looking likely to a be decent day for any clearing up procedures.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

I am in no doubt the track will correct slightly SE from its current projection. Not quite as far SE as the Met Office alternative track tweet. Perhaps passing just North of Lincoln as it moves in to North Sea.Just my view.

sticks us yellowbellies in firing line.  Wonder where ships will find save havens immingham/grimsby big ports.  I fear for the 2 oil refineries if that track happens.

Posted

Maue posted about sat on web 40ft swell sw hitting france and channel  Posted Image  Posted Image

welcome to net weather viad but could you pop your nearest town in your avatar please? - many thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm back home on a device that i can type properly on! This evening's output has thrown a cat amongst the pigeons, models throwing the storm further north, some keeping it south, ens doing both.. a fair bit of uncertainty, even this close to the event. I would expect the folks at the Met Office have gone in to overdrive, their warnings may be extended or they might be shifted completely, suffice to say, where will the battering take place? As I said in my last post, I'm genuinely finding this evolvement fascinating. It's bed time for me, early start, let's see how things appear on tomorrow's output.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

John Hammond's BBC forecast this morning now shows strongest winds from tomorrow's storm being further north than the Met Office Amber Warning, with N Wales and N England being in the firing line for the worst winds of 70-80mph, maybe 90mph on coasts. I expect the MO warnings to be moved north on today's updates. The rain looks very problematical too, with the south being at risk of the worst conditions not least because the ground there is already either saturated or flooded. On top of all this there is a definite snow risk for Northern England, Scotland and Northern Ireland - this starting today for the hills and increasingly to lower levels as we go through the evening and night.

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 2

Posted

I had expected ever so slightly a SE correction on the storm, but if anything models have it bang on the track posted by Met Office yesterday.

Interesting feature whatever happens. Take care folks.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
Posted · Hidden by John88B, February 11, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by John88B, February 11, 2014 - No reason given

Least if it's up North the news won't after do any coverage

Do floods and storms up north not get any media interest? I remember numerous flooding events up north getting days of media coverage. What a ridiculous comment!

I had expected ever so slightly a SE correction on the storm, but if anything models have it bang on the track posted by Met Office yesterday. Interesting feature whatever happens. Take care folks.

If the met charts they posted yesterday the ones you are on about then it don't follow ethier of them and is further north than them, but we should wait and see today and tonight's run as we will nail it today buddy :D

Posted

A definite shift north on EURO4 this morning (wednesday's storm), SW Wales still having the most direct hit though, 60mph mean wind speeds likely upon landfall, gusts still up to 90mph I would think. 60-70mph gusts still on the cards inland.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

No real change this morning other than a very slight shift North on Met office output,we see a real swathe of violent winds for a couple of hours over Northern England now,85mph gusts possible.Large parts of inland England will still see between 60mph and 70mph as the front approaches,so a wild day for the majority of England,Wales and Ireland.

Edited by sunnijim

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Just another typical gale then and more unneeded rain....Completly different track than what they said yesterday by at least 200 miles north.....

I was looking forward to a good storm but Ireland and wales get blasted again, I'm surprised they've got any tree's left after this winter lol....

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Posted Image

Latest from MO

This gives a good indication of where the amber warning will most likely be moved to, 'Be prepared'. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Posted Image

Latest from MO

Looks like we are in the firing line in that one.