Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms February 2014

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

What I said earlier I'm pretty far inland and it's proper howling

Tell me about it - Thought I could hear your dog from up here!

• Like 2

Posted

I have a feeling tonight's wind speeds have been underestimated. here just West Of Brighton we've already had a Max gust of 52 mph and sustained winds are blowing at about 40mph.

992 mb and dropping at 1.6mb per hour !!

http://www.shorehambeachweather.co.uk

Has this been underestimated. Met office website forecast 25mph sustained tomorrow, while BBC forecast 34mph sustained. Also the MO was updated at 1800 and BBC at 1900. Has the forecast suddenly changed???

Edit - although just as I put that the M O forecast changes for 34mph sustained tomorrow...

Edited by ihatecoldweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Pressure fallen to 985mb with a strong SE'ly blowing, looking lively down in the south west, as expected with gusts exceeding 60mph and a bit higher over some exposed headlands & coasts, Scilly Isles and the tip of Cornwall in particular around 80mph. Wild night to come. 

Posted

I have a feeling tonight's wind speeds have been underestimated. here just West Of Brighton we've already had a Max gust of 52 mph and sustained winds are blowing at about 40mph.

http://www.shorehambeachweather.co.uk/

I shouldn't worry about that. I remember one storm when I was on WS it dropped 23MBs in three hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Well over 50mph gusts here, started raining, I imagine we will be gusting well into the 80s later looking at the current chart, the LOW is now 949mb.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

http://www.shorehambeachweather.co.uk/

Sort it out  Posted Image Sustained wind now at 51.9 as I type!

Posted

well  we  worrying  about  this  one the  one  coming Saturday is  even lower

post-4629-0-17882800-1391544954_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Tv signal being scrambled -daughter no 2 worried coz an aerial hanging off of roof -really really fierce .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Wind starting to pick up slightly in Darlo

Just breaking on the beeb

Western Power says 15,000 homes in south-west England affected by power cuts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Nuts here tonight. Wind has eased now but will pick up again in the early hours. Power cuts nearby, flooding, lots of trees down. Incredible. Average wind must have been 40-50mph earlier and easily gusted 70mph+

• Like 5

Posted

Looks like those gale/severe gale force gusts have a south-easterly element to them,which

could cause more damage than normal due to the unusual direction.

A familiar sight this winter.

Edited by Cloud 10
  • Like 3

Posted

Looks like those gale/severe gale force gusts have a south-easterly element to them,which

could cause more damage than normal due to the unusual direction.

Yes there will be more damage from this wind as its very windy out there now sounds like a rocket going off, from the SE,trees are much weaker from an opposite type flow.

Last time we had a S wind it blew a huge branch off a tree I didn`t expect to see.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Three severe flood warnings for coastal flooding along the Dorset coast for the high tide in the morning. One at West Bay Harbour, one at Lyme Regis harbour and one for Weymouth Seafront:

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/34678.aspx?type=Region&term=Southwest&Severity=1

• The following SEVERE Flood Warning will remain in force for two hours following the time of high tide. The time and date of the forecast high water for which this SEVERE Flood Warning is in force is 10:00 am (Local time) on 05/02/2014. The forecast wind direction is South South West The forecast wind strength is Force 10 Very strong winds and high waves are expected along the Dorset coast overnight and on Wednesday morning. The public are advised to stay away from sea fronts and beaches as conditions represent a significant risk to life. Cliffs are also likely to be unstable following the storm conditions.

19:29 on 04 Feb 2014

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Lots of flooding in Cork, a few pics from the city centre.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 7

The GFS 18z has moved the rain on Thursday further north, more persistent heavy rain for flooded areas

Posted Image  Posted Image

Saturday's storm has also been upgraded, gets to below 945mb, more prolonged gales/severe gales across the south west and no doubt another big swell and coastal flooding

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Well of all the days to be working in London.....I am supposed to get the train back to Newcastle tomorrow afternoon can see it being chaos especially with this tube strike.  Hope people in the warning areas stay safe.

Windy but not too bad here in Southwark at present but wind definitely picking up.  

Edited by P-M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

What pressure are you guys reading? We're on 993 and still to really get going here by the looks of the radar.