Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms February 2014

Coast

Posted

Not sure, but massive fall of pressure now taking place to the Southwest of the British Isles. I think the centre is around 948mb at 4pm. Wind is going to be a big problem later this evening along the South coast.

C

Did I see somewhere on here that this low was expected to deepen for a while but then fill as it crossed the UK ??

Posted

Interesting storm track this one giving mostly gales/severe gales from the S/SE.Hasn`t updated yet.http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack0.gif

nor will it for that particular time, there are fixed time slots for updates, the link below is the one I use for Met Office Fax charts, it gives the time of the update so you are sure that you are looking at the latest thoughts from the senior man.

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm#t36

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Purely from a interest in meteorology point of view, I think many in the South of England are going to experience a special storm this evening.Great viewing, but would not for safety issues or the severe flooding problems.

C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Purely from a interest in meteorology point of view, I think many in the South of England are going to experience a special storm this evening.Great viewing, but would not for safety issues or the severe flooding problems.

C

I hope i get home from work first Posted Image

Yikes...You like this widget since I posted it a couple of months ago? Who would've thought we'd still be using it so much. That red shading is somewhat concerning. Normally oranges and yellows!

Probs one of the best I know as it is very accurate and live.. It also demonstrates how the low or lows are under going deepening 

• Like 1

Posted

Latest from the GFS here's some gust charts,

6pm this evening 60 to 75mph hits the South West of England and Wales but exposed parts of the SW of England could see gusts of 80mph,

post-6686-0-09166600-1391532060_thumb.pn

9pm to 12am The winds drop slightly but remain strong and move more inland. Wales, Southern England and Ireland can expect 65mph gusts and inland parts of England 52mph,

post-6686-0-29708200-1391532154_thumb.pn

6am Wednesday the next part of the storm moves in bringing 60mph gusts for Wales and Southern England some exposed parts will see 70mph or slightly more,

post-6686-0-14441600-1391532228_thumb.pn

Up to 12pm and 6pm gusts up to 60mph are likely for inland parts across England and Wales while the coasts can still expect to see 70mph,

post-6686-0-24680200-1391532310_thumb.pn

After 6pm 50mph gusts are still likely but they will begin to drop,

post-6686-0-62670300-1391532383_thumb.pn

Probs one of the best I know as it is very accurate and live.. It also demonstrates how the low or lows are under going deepening

I don't believe it shows live weather it show's what is forecast someone explained it a while ago and it says it on the site ''a visualization of global weather conditions
forecast by supercomputers updated every three hours''. Still a good way to watch it all unfold as it shows it clearly.
Edited by weathermaster
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

I'm over in eastern-central (Dijon) France at the moment and the contrast couldn't be more marked. A lovely mild sunny day, you know the sort that is a pleasure to be out in and makes deludes you that spring might be on it's way! I'm flying back to the UK on Saturday from Paris, so that should be interesting, if it's operationally possible - really feel for all you folks down south and those on the western French coast who have also taken too many batterings Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Winds has picked up in the last hour ................really picked up .Stay safe everyone -even though it might be tempting to have a look .........

• Like 1

Posted

Latest from the GFS here's some gust charts,

6pm this evening 60 to 75mph hits the South West of England and Wales but exposed parts of the SW of England could see gusts of 80mph,

Posted Image1.png

9pm to 12am The winds drop slightly but remain strong and move more inland. Wales, Southern England and Ireland can expect 65mph gusts and inland parts of England 52mph,

Posted Image2.png

6am Wednesday the next part of the storm moves in bringing 60mph gusts for Wales and Southern England some exposed parts will see 70mph or slightly more,

Posted Image3.png

Up to 12pm and 6pm gusts up to 60mph are likely for inland parts across England and Wales while the coasts can still expect to see 70mph,

Posted Image4.png

After 6pm 50mph gusts are still likely but they will begin to drop,

Posted Image5.png

I don't believe it shows live weather it show's what is forecast someone explained it a while ago and it says it on the site ''a visualization of global weather conditions
forecast by supercomputers updated every three hours''. Still a good way to watch it all unfold as it shows it clearly.

I agree, Its pretty, "but the most accurate" ?? most certainly not, not live either, a guesstimate at best at what was happening.  

Edited by Biggin

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Saturdays storm shifted south now so a storm free week here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Windstorm, Thunderstorm, Heavy Squally, Blustery Winds

This is really more worrying about this heaviest rainfall for this weekend and into next week.

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I'm over in eastern-central (Dijon) France at the moment and the contrast couldn't be more marked. A lovely mild sunny day, you know the sort that is a pleasure to be out in and makes deludes you that spring might be on it's way! I'm flying back to the UK on Saturday from Paris, so that should be interesting, if it's operationally possible - really feel for all you folks down south and those on the western French coast who have also taken too many batterings Posted Image

Famous quotes of the Winter "I'm flying back to the UK on Saturday from Paris" LOLPosted Image If you manage it back on Saturday it will be a thrilling flight, I am jealous as I have always enjoyed flight in bad weather, it is far from boring.

The wind has increased here in the last hour, doors and windows rattling.  It looks like the tip of Cornwall has started to feel the storm approaching proper.

• Like 1

Posted

This is really more worrying about this heaviest rainfall for this weekend and into next week.

Posted Image

Looks like I am in for 80mm The Isle of Wight may wash awayPosted Image I take it that is the total for 192 hours, I hope it is.....Gulp

• Like 2

Posted

Famous quotes of the Winter "I'm flying back to the UK on Saturday from Paris" LOLPosted Image If you manage it back on Saturday it will be a thrilling flight, I am jealous as I have always enjoyed flight in bad weather, it is far from boring.

The wind has increased here in the last hour, doors and windows rattling.  It looks like the tip of Cornwall has started to feel the storm approaching proper.

I'm a pretty relaxed traveller. If it's possible it is, if it's not you wait until it is without getting stressed and let the folks who know best make the decisions! I'm just happy, for once and in the right way, that I don't have my other half with me. We came back from France during the St. Jude's Day storm and trying to stop him having a panic attack interrupted my cloud watching Posted Image The aircrew and ATC actually did a decent job of keeping above the worst of the turbulence but when everyone wants a smooth FL you have to take what you get. I'm with Air France, so at least they have sick bags (sorry, I am a relaxed traveller but I suffer from travel sickness - eeek!) If I have an extra night at CDG, I have one and I've had one before. Stay safe.

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 1

Posted

I'm a pretty relaxed traveller. If it's possible it is, if it's not you wait until it is without getting stressed and let the folks who know best make the decisions! I'm just happy, for once and in the right way, that I don't have my other half with me. We came back from France during the St. Jude's Day storm and trying to stop him having a panic attack interrupted my cloud watching Posted Image The aircrew and ATC actually did a decent job of keeping above the worst of the turbulence but when everyone wants a smooth FL you have to take what you get. I'm with Air France, so at least they have sick bags (sorry, I am a relaxed traveller but I suffer from travel sickness - eeek!) If I have an extra night at CDG, I have one and I've had one before. Stay safe.

My travel sickness only appears if I am due food so I always eat before a flight or trip on the sea and am bomb proof, I will not travel on an empty stomach, suppose I am lucky in that respect at least I know my cure. Good luck for Saturday.

The wind is a full gale now here, no rain as yet. The LOW is showing as 948mb Posted Image Tasty. 

Posted

My travel sickness only appears if I am due food so I always eat before a flight or trip on the sea and am bomb proof, I will not travel on an empty stomach, suppose I am lucky in that respect at least I know my cure. Good luck for Saturday.

The wind is a full gale now here, no rain as yet. The LOW is showing as 948mb Posted Image Tasty. 

I just crank my music up and sit back and cloud watch! If it gets really rough I just accept it and erm...well you know. Yep, I always eat too. Other half baulks and asks how I possibly could, but it works and the blood sugar level and stomach activity science behind it seems robust. No luck involved...what happens happens. It'll all be fine Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

The wind is quite strong here, lights flickering, a lot with power outages in many towns and villages nearby.

https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

I have a feeling tonight's wind speeds have been underestimated. here just West Of Brighton we've already had a Max gust of 52 mph and sustained winds are blowing at about 40mph.

992 mb and dropping at 1.6mb per hour !!

http://www.shorehambeachweather.co.uk/

• Like 1