Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Convective / Storm Discussion - 27th January 2014 onwards

Nothing much happening yet with sunshine and just a few fluffy clouds so going to hold fire on chasing. I am expecting things to get going around these parts early afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok people has it been put on torro watch NIckF posted.   Yesterday great big anvil cloudbase massive beautiful structure and was sure it was trailing developing funnel cloud twisting in air but was not 100%.  New should took photo of this never thought to get opinion whether just trail from the cloud or was funnel cloud.

I haven't really looked at the charts, but are these showers supposed to kick off this afternoon? As there's not a great deal going on. The forecasts I saw while I was in the pub last night showed it to be promising here, quite the opposite at the moment.

Edited by Mapantz

Now the sun's out again convection seems to be ramping up. Nice line of small CBs passing to my SW, with spreading tops. Not overly inspiring so far though round this way.

Currently watching a cell develop to the NW of Kettering. Great cloudscape but clouds are going straight up with no shearing on the anvils which is characteristic of weak pulse type showers producing the odd rumble in places before dying.