Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 27th January 2014 onwards

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A pinch to my north/northeast are getting some good hail at the moment, it does seem to be coming back around to my direction now, very calm as well :)

post-15177-0-77575800-1393860995_thumb.jpost-15177-0-56588100-1393861052_thumb.jpost-15177-0-63233200-1393861134_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted

Plenty of showers in southern areas today but I'm slightly disappointed at the lack of thunder activity. I wasn't expecting a full on breakout but I did think there may have been a bit more around. There's plenty around the BoB though! :)

post-15177-0-59334100-1393863819_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Plenty of showers in southern areas today but I'm slightly disappointed at the lack of thunder activity. I wasn't expecting a full on breakout but I did think there may have been a bit more around. There's plenty around the BoB though! Posted Image

Posted ImageScreenshot_2014-03-03-16-18-11_1.jpg

Umm, bit of a lightning flop.

Took these pics of some hail showers that passed over though....

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Testing out the cameras manual controls tomorrow..... so brumcam will be running

Android doesn't support flash anymore, could you try via HTML5? Or something non-flash?

from the camsecure web site

http://www.camsecure.co.uk/WebcamHosting.html

in the section

"How do my website visitors view my live streaming cameras"

last paragraph

edit;

OK your account includes apple HLS for apple mobile devices streaming and Android streaming too.

I can set up a link on the camera page for each option for you but I wont be able to do this until this evening or tomorrow as I am out on site today.

For Apple HLS, users of ipad or iphone will simply tap the link to go to full screen video in their safari browser.

For Android users they first have to download the Free VLC player from google play (this can be used for all sorts of other things too).

Once they have done this they can tap the android link on your camera page from an android phone or tablet and the first time they will be asked if they want to use VLC to play the feed. They should then tap "yes always" and they will then be taken to the full screen video like on apple.

The next time they connect to the page and tap the android link they will automatically be taken to the full screen video like with apple devices. An added bonus is that then android users using the built in browser or chrome browser will also be able to play HLS feeds (not with firefox yet though) but for most compatibility they can watch the feed from any android browser using the android link.

It takes a little longer for mobile devices to connect to the live feed especially if they are in a poor signal area so they will need to be a little patient but it works very well and looks really good on mobile devices.

For HLS the feed opens a constant stream to the camera as thats the way it works so in order to set this up initially the camera has to be online. Then once the HLS is switched on it will auto connect as soon as the camera becomes available each time in the future.

I hope this helpsPosted Image

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Great to see your Brumcam is back in action Arnie :)

Posted

Great to see your Brumcam is back in action Arnie Posted Image

Your words of wisdom a long time ago on streaming "keep it simple" helped alot....and the crashing of the original brumcam on El brumo day, scared me for life mate

I'm liking the Brumcam, nice one Arnie.Posted Image

So am i Blue its going better than expected....a bit of tweaking and finding the 'sweet spots` from the camera settings...the quality can only get better

Not half some zoom on that cam lol. You might actually be able to see me "working" Posted Image

Top notch though, Arnie.

I reckon i could set that event up as pay per view...You jumping up and down making a twonk of yourself

he he

I`m guessing it`s the Bank?

Cheers mate

Edit;Has anyone picked the stream up on any device thats not a desktop PC?

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

Brumcams just been updated for all you trendy people

"Apple users just need to tap the link to see the feed live in their safari browser

Android users need to download VLC player first. This is a free download from the Google Play Store. Then the first time they tap your link they will be asked if they should use VLC. They should answer by tapping the "yes always" button and then they will be taken to the feed. They will only have to do this once, after this each time they visit and tap the link they will be taken straight into the correct player.

It takes a little longer for mobile devices to connect so they have to be patient (only a few seconds but you know what some people are like) Also of course if the camera is offline then they wont get anything."

Give it a try and see if it works

http://www.camsecure.co.uk/brumcam.html

Edited by Arnie Pie
  • Like 5

Posted

Brumcams just been updated for all you trendy people"Apple users just need to tap the link to see the feed live in their safari browserAndroid users need to download VLC player first. This is a free download from the Google Play Store. Then the first time they tap your link they will be asked if they should use VLC. They should answer by tapping the "yes always" button and then they will be taken to the feed. They will only have to do this once, after this each time they visit and tap the link they will be taken straight into the correct player.It takes a little longer for mobile devices to connect so they have to be patient (only a few seconds but you know what some people are like) Also of course if the camera is offline then they wont get anything."Give it a try and see if it workshttp://www.camsecure.co.uk/brumcam.html

Weirdly, I have VLC installed on my Android tablet anyway but the Android link doesn't work, however, the iPhone one does. :lol:
  • Like 1

Posted

Cheers Pantz

we`ll see if anybody else has problems....good news about the iphone link?

Excuse my ignorance..... untill this week I thought Android & Safari were characters in Star Wars

Edited by Arnie Pie
  • Like 1

Posted

Brumcam works on my Android, I did the work around when I got the phone years ago that lets flash work.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Haven't posted since December, but on Monday we did have a very intense hail storm, covering the ground in minutes, was quite something to watch!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

So glad I can feel the strength of that sun coming back now. Lets hope it can boil up 4000-5000j/kg of cape at some point this year, as well as a LI value of -15 Posted Image

Looking like a quiet period to start off spring with, although very welcoming. Hoping that April can deliver the start of what I hope is the best storm season of my life :D 

• Like 2

Posted

Cheers Tony

All this information can only help!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Any ideas what the MetOffice are seeing for tomorrow. What exactly are they seeing as becoming 'thundery'?

"Rain or showers affecting the northern half of the UK where they will be heavy and locally thundery. Sunny spells and only isolated showers further south across southern England. Windy."

Posted

Spot on 09 thunder over North Midlands recently

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

the weekend could be quite showery perhaps thunder too, i havent seen Coast here latelyPosted Image .

some lightning over south lincs/norfolk recently.

Edited by Sprites

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Some of the most decent CAPE and LI values for Saturday that we've seen in a while. By no means spectacular, but it might make for some happy cloud watching on my way back from France.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A couple of sferics detected recently across the northern Peak District area (between Oldham and Barnsley) ahead of what could be a decent couple of days for widespread convective showers with hail and thunder quite likely on both days.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

METAR here in Dijon still confident that we're going to get at least minor fireworks:

Probability 40% : Temporary
from 21 at 13 UTC to 21 at 18 UTC
Wind 15 kt from variable directions with gusts up to 25 kt Visibility 5000 m Scattered clouds at a height of5000 ft 
Scattered clouds at a height of6000 ft , Cumulonimbus. rain showers Probability 30% : Temporary
from 22 at 00 UTC to 22 at 06 UTC
Visibility 3000 m Broken clouds at a height of 500 ft 
Broken clouds at a height of 3000 ft , Cumulonimbus. light thunderstorm rain

Certainly a different day today with the wind beginning to whistle and some high level clouds moving in.

I've got my camera at the ready for tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

A couple of sferics detected recently across the northern Peak District area (between Oldham and Barnsley) ahead of what could be a decent couple of days for widespread convective showers with hail and thunder quite likely on both days.

Yep saw a flash of lightning here, right above us and it scared the crap out of me because I wasn't expecting it lol.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Should be some nice convective cloudscapes across the UK today as the sun gets to work under the increasingly cold air aloft. Have issued a storm forecast for today:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=7c4e4f654ab3935db88d0769a6007967

• Like 5

Posted

thanks Nick small heavy shower scheduled her 4ish,  30mm rain forecast by met.  Time employ paddle boatsas fear this could cause flooding due to lack rain we had 17mm all winter ground might be dry after the hot weather we been having of late.

Posted

Yep...a useful run out for the stream today....in preperation for tomorrow

Some good merkat (Heads up!) from W09 all weekPosted Image

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Today looking not bad, but tomorrow looks as if the potential may be greater, up to 500j/kg CAPE and LI values of -2 and maybe even lower for localised spots.