Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 27th January 2014 onwards

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Incredible display of huge convecting altocumulus clouds here all day. Very oppressive feel to the atmosphere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I have decided that to storm chase I need something other than a laptop, which is bulky and hard to use when needing to get data fast and so I have invested in a tablet along with 3G Mobile WiFi. I plan on taking advantage of modern technology to give me the best chance of getting onto these storms when they come. I may get my chance to use my new equipment this week if the forecasts are correct.

Indeed, tomorrow afternoon and evening is looking quite promising for some of us. Currently looks to be the SW, Wales, West Midlands and NW England in the best place with the risk transferring N towards Scotland. GFS then shows some instability in the middle of the night (Mon into Tues) around Lincolnshire/East Yorkshire too. 

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Hi all, some excitement for us all in the next few days so I've started a new thread.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79872-convective-storm-discussion-30th-march-2014-onwards/

Here's to some storms everybody. Posted Image