Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

You got the water colours out cumbria maria lol...cant tell what it is!

• Like 3

Posted
Posted
What a tosh article.....cant believe someone actually gets paid to make that stuff up.... Dear oh dear....On more realistic note cars frosting over 0c skies clearing.....brrrr..... Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Chances of snow for some of us during the coming week but away from higher ground it still looks like cold rain will be the default as it has been all winter so far.

IMBY it's probably been the least snowy winter for a generation and certainly the one most lacking in frost I can ever remember so I've no reason to look at this upcoming week any differently but we'll see.

• Like 2

Posted

I know it is! Lol

It feels really cold here loke it will frost over but its actually about 6 degrees at the mo but feels alot colder! Unless its because the thermometer is sheltered between the garage and the house? Its calm out there now though, no wind.

• Like 3

Posted

You got the water colours out cumbria maria lol...cant tell what it is!

Good one sparkles ..AND weather history man chill this thread isnt tripe far from it ;)

I know it is! LolIt feels really cold here loke it will frost over but its actually about 6 degrees at the mo but feels alot colder! Unless its because the thermometer is sheltered between the garage and the house? Its calm out there now though, no wind.

Windy here ive HAD VEG sorry weather history.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Got sent this. Hope no one offended by language !!

post-19399-0-75914600-1391980150_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Posted Image

Now let me see, it's a forecast of snow which will give accumulations across Cumbria and Northumberland with more showing across a small portion of North Wales and diddly squat in between.

All I need to know now is on which day will this latest non event for the rest of us will occur so I can remember to leave my snow shovel in the garage.

• Like 3

Posted

Now let me see, it's a forecast of snow which will give accumulations across Cumbria and Northumberland with more showing across a small portion of North Wales and diddly squat in between.All I need to know now is on which day will this latest non event for the rest of us will occur so I can remember to leave my snow shovel in the garage.

Tuesday or thursday? Both look the same.....rain low ground rain/sleet higher ground aka winter 2013-14..... Not expecting anything of note until i see it falling from the sky.....
  • Like 1

Good one sparkles ..AND weather history man chill this thread isnt tripe far from it ;)Windy here ive HAD VEG sorry weather history.

I spend all week dealing with serious people , council officials , civil engineers , streessed out project managers , I need a laff and I get it here !!!:)....
  • Like 3

Posted

Tuesday or thursday? Both look the same.....rain low ground rain/sleet higher ground aka winter 2013-14..... Not expecting anything of note until i see it falling from the sky.....

Leave it there all week then.I think the BBQ and lawn mower are in front of it but I'll probably be using both of them first anyway along, hopefully with the sun lounger and parasol.Anyway been out and booked an early summer holiday so only 14 weeks and counting.Need something to look forward to.
  • Like 3

Leave it there all week then.I think the BBQ and lawn mower are in front of it but I'll probably be using both of them first anyway along, hopefully with the sun lounger and parasol.Anyway been out and booked an early summer holiday so only 14 weeks and counting.Need something to look forward to.

way to go , hols all the way going to Gibraltar in may !!!.... hey that rhymes , sort of ,!!!!.... Edited by Mokidugway
  • Like 1

Posted

Booked, in january, villa n pool by sea near alicante for june..... Couldnt deal with it anymore.....;)
  • Like 2

Posted

Cumbria might well do quite well this week actually.Esp with high ground places will see cover IMO.

True, the air cold enough to give snow as been constantly towards the north of our region and further north still over the last few weeks so, even though snow away from high ground has been transient in nature it has been about.Hopefully though, this week will see a greater chance of snow for the rest of us as a succession of depressions carry a lot of very cold air within them.Providing this isn't mixed out to much we may just get a taste of something more wintry.

Posted

Booked, in january, villa n pool by sea near alicante for june..... Couldnt deal with it anymore.....;)

Jamaica in May......all inclusive, the works.I'm turning into a holiday snob as I get older.
  • Like 2

Posted

I am not convinced by Tuesday's system bringing anything wintry away from high ground. Models seem to move it through briskly as well. I remember how March 1995 wintry spell began with a trough bringing initially rain then it suddenly turned to snow within a minute. That could happen I suppose.

• Like 4

True, the air cold enough to give snow as been constantly towards the north of our region and further north still over the last few weeks so, even though snow away from high ground has been transient in nature it has been about.Hopefully though, this week will see a greater chance of snow for the rest of us as a succession of depressions carry a lot of very cold air within them.Providing this isn't mixed out to much we may just get a taste of something more wintry.

if the depressions stay south enough , and we get the cold top side that would be good !!....
  • Like 1

Posted

Jamaica in May......all inclusive, the works.I'm turning into a holiday snob as I get older.

Jamaica is lovely.... Dont do the falls walk though its a bit of a rip off and stay away from kingston.... Nice beaches though...Did an around the world six month trip from dec 2009 was amazing but im just wanting some sun....but villa for four in alicante will suit for now.... My other half wants to pop to paris next week....
  • Like 1

Posted

I am not convinced by Tuesday's system bringing anything wintry away from high ground. Models seem to move it through briskly as well. I remember how March 1995 wintry spell began with a trough bringing initially rain then it suddenly turned to snow within a minute. That could happen I suppose.

It will be a case of wait and see - some places with modest height could see some temporary wet snow cover under heavy precipitation as evaporative cooling will bring surface temperatures down to just the right side of marginal.

We managed 4 hours of heavy wet snow on the 31st from a front moving into cool uppers, but thanks to the intensity of the precipitation what should have been rain quickly turned into heavy snow thanks to rapid evaporative cooling - alas we were left with a 2cm cover. Places only 6-7 miles away and 50m lower saw only rain thanks to a combination of lesser height and lighter precipitation.

This week could throw a few surprises..

• Like 1

Posted

Storm surge compared to a tsunami , what a dick , heavy hail shower as I type !!....

How did you sneak that one through the swear filter? Lol..

Got sent this. Hope no one offended by language !!

This one totally missed the swear filter haha, yes i know its because of an image. Im not offended at all ive been sharing it round on fb for the past two weeks lol
  • Like 3