Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

and thats my point.not rare for where he/she is. Rare at low levels. We have been blessed with snow on many occasions over the last 10 years but it is far from the norm

Places at high altitude haven't even seen snow this winter though, that is far from the norm.

• Like 2

Posted

Ive seen snow falling twice here and last thursday it even left a very slight accumulation on dustbin, cars etc....and ive now woken up to seven days where hills higher than here have been whitened....but yes its pretty meagre offerings thus far....maybe a twice daily snowdance is in order after getting up in the mornings and before going to bed... Either that or i should just move to the alps....

• Like 2

Posted

Ive had a can of cherry coke and a flake it looks like its the only flake im gonna get this winter.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Ive seen snow falling twice here and last thursday it even left a very slight accumulation on dustbin, cars etc....and ive now woken up to seven days where hills higher than here have been whitened....but yes its pretty meagre offerings thus far....maybe a twice daily snowdance is in order after getting up in the mornings and before going to bed... Either that or i should just move to the alps....

Don't worry it will come, just a shame that it'll be in about May when all we want is cold beer and BBQ's
  • Like 2

Posted

When i moved here last may the whole of mayjune were pretty much gorgeous sunny days with blue skies and end of may most of june were so warm.... All the neighbours said to me its not normally like this.... Enjoy while it lasts....it was quite nice though as had all doors and windows open as had to drastically redecorate and do the house up....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

well after the bactrack of all the models,the ECM tonight shows a bit of interest yet again nothing spectacular though

as i said earlier i dont think i have the energy that some might have to go on another snow hunt

just one final point  some of the models still keen on bringing some frontal snow fri night/Saturday if that kind

of thing floats your boat

C.S

Bring on the spring. Really can't be bothered anymore. Unless we are going to get a northerly with -10 uppers, 515 DAM thicknesses and lots of precipitation then i'm not interested. I want none of this marginal crap. Never is any good here on the coast anyway. Bring on the hot thundery days. If we get any. 

Posted

What's remarkable about this winter is the complete lack of settled, dry weather. Normally by now we would have had at least a week of sustained high pressure giving lovely crisp, frosty days, hardly seen the sun in months! I remember in winters past flooded fields being frozen over after prolonged wet spells. Fingers crossed for February. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The strange thing is the sun has been out a lot here recently as all the showers and cloud tend to miss my. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

More rain!!! lol

Yep just reached here in the last minute or so and now belting against the windows.
  • Like 1

Posted

What's remarkable about this winter is the complete lack of settled, dry weather. Normally by now we would have had at least a week of sustained high pressure giving lovely crisp, frosty days, hardly seen the sun in months! I remember in winters past flooded fields being frozen over after prolonged wet spells. Fingers crossed for February. 

Yes, I've been saying the same thing recently.

Meanwhile more cold rain. Whoop-dee-doo.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

GFS 18z brings a countrywide snow event on SaturdayPosted Image

Thank goodness that wont happen

C.S

• Like 1

Posted

might take a break for a few days finding it all at bit blehhh

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

See you in a few days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

No snow..No snow...No snow. PROZAC anyone Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Chocolate will do! Lol

Apparently according to Liamj status, there is possibility of snow but not for here lol, north and north east, possibly ice for us but seems to be getting colder as we go along this week, early warning from the meto

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I'll give the chocolate a miss as you will ruin it with yogurt!!!!!!

• Like 2