Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Yeah i know what your saying, the worlds gone mad ever since the Jimmy Saville case, all these celebrities, never liked him anyhow as a kid, always thought he was creepy!! And then theres william roache from corrie, one charge has just been dropped today, not enough evidence.Anyhows, feels cold out here, plenty of cloud but not doing anything anymore

I also heard a boy aged 16 committed suicide from a footbridge over the M6 motorway at Leyland near I live. RIP. It was a terrible thing to do. It happened on Saturday night.

Weatherwise it is still cloudy here. I thought it was gonna clear for a night at first.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

well after the bactrack of all the models,the ECM tonight shows a bit of interest yet again nothing spectacular though

as i said earlier i dont think i have the energy that some might have to go on another snow hunt

just one final point  some of the models still keen on bringing some frontal snow fri night/Saturday if that kind

of thing floats your boat

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

Just starting to rain here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Even in a winter dominated by let downs last night took the biscuit.

After looking at the forecast I didn't expect a snow event to tell the grandkids about but to see so much potential end up as a bit of sleet on a car windscreen and temperatures higher at 6am than they were at 6pm the evening before it just about summed up this pitiful excuse of a winter.

Never mind, at least from where we are now anything could be classed as an upgrade and we are certainly due a few of them.

• Like 5

Posted

My phone app and the models shown some sort of interest on Friday/Saturday, this winter has been extremely poor I am not even looking at the models at the moment feel like there's no point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

I also heard a boy aged 16 committed suicide from a footbridge over the M6 motorway at Leyland near I live. RIP. It was a terrible thing to do. It happened on Saturday night. Weatherwise it is still cloudy here. I thought it was gonna clear for a night at first.

I read that too, i thought they said he'd fallen, as in accidently fallen over?
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

My phone app and the models shown some sort of interest on Friday/Saturday, this winter has been extremely poor I am not even looking at the models at the moment feel like there's no point.

I don't normally entertain weather forecasts on phone apps but TBH they are probably as accurate as anything at the moment.The models are all over the place and FI is no more than 48 hours out so you've as much chance with your phone as scrolling through endless pages of people trying to pick the slightest sign of anything cold and snowy from charts which simply do not want to play ball.
  • Like 1

as much as i love snow i think people need to realise just how rare a big snow event is.Its not our normal winter weather to have snow, we must remember that,we are a tiny island in the grand scheme of things that has so many things going against it for snow.Nice when it happens dont get me wrong and id love to see some,but we have some extraordinary weather other than snow this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

as much as i love snow i think people need to realise just how rare a big snow event is.Its not our normal winter weather to have snow, we must remember that,we are a tiny island in the grand scheme of things that has so many things going against it for snow.Nice when it happens dont get me wrong and id love to see some,but we have some extraordinary weather other than snow this winter.

Seen snow here for many winters so its not rare.

Posted

The only white stuff im seeing is my greek style yogurt im eating at the mo with strawberries and grated chocolate lol

• Like 2

Posted

The only white stuff im seeing is my greek style yogurt im eating at the mo with strawberries and grated chocolate lol

What a waste of chocolate !!!!!!

• Like 3

Posted

Im having muesli greek yoghurt n honey..... Normally with raspberries/ blueberries/ strawberries but need to go shopping as fridge is now virtually bare...

• Like 3

Posted

Lol @ waste of chocolate!! I ate the rest of the bar solid lol

Willinglossop, plenty spare strawberries if you want them lol...may aswell talk about food seeing as theres no snow to talk about!

• Like 5

Posted

Sorry but although I understand your point, I'd have to disagree with some of it.I accept that heavy widespread snowfalls are quite exceptional, certainly across England but It's not our normal winter weather to not have a single air frost from late November through until almost the end of January at the earliest and no settling snow since 18th November until the same.And this is not lowland conditions, I'm talking up here at my altitude.I'd be absolutely amazed if we go until summer without seeing a fall of snow of some description but unless a change to a much more wintry set up arrives this will certainly be, if not the mildest, certainly the poorest in terms of frost and snow since the end of the 80's.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

434m above sea level mate. makes a difference! it is rare.

at that elevation, snow would not be rare!

• Like 1

Posted

Cold rain

Posted

I totally agree, we have lived up here at 1000ft asl since 2003 and in those years we have had at least one really good fall of snow every year, at least one and in some years we've seen settled snow and snow fall every day for a month, so this year is very disappointing, all I keep thinking is of last year when we were buried in snow at the end of March which was on the ground until early April !!

Sorry but although I understand your point, I'd have to disagree with some of it.I accept that heavy widespread snowfalls are quite exceptional, certainly across England but It's not our normal winter weather to not have a single air frost from late November through until almost the end of January at the earliest and no settling snow since 18th November until the same.And this is not lowland conditions, I'm talking up here at my altitude.I'd be absolutely amazed if we go until summer without seeing a fall of snow of some description but unless a change to a much more wintry set up arrives this will certainly be, if not the mildest, certainly the poorest in terms of frost and snow since the end of the 80's.

Edited by shadowfax

Posted

Willinglossop, plenty spare strawberries if you want them lol...may aswell talk about food seeing as theres no snow to talk about!

Cheers.....just finished.... Had fish pie for tea made from scratch.... Salmon n prawns from freezer bechamel sauce mashed tatties on top n cheese....lovely....
  • Like 2

Posted

434m above sea level mate. makes a difference! it is rare.

434 feet = 132 meters

Edited by paul m

Posted

Cheers.....just finished.... Had fish pie for tea made from scratch.... Salmon n prawns from freezer bechamel sauce mashed tatties on top n cheese....lovely....

What is this scratch stuff you're on about.I've heard that you can make just about anything from it.Apart from a UK winter cold spell I'd immagine.Anyway the fish pie sounded damn good.
  • Like 2