Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Lashing with rain now, that's two thirds of winter gone with hardly a flake or frost. At least the fells are getting plastered.  

ullswater eh! rain here in Liverpool too..sick of it. Heading up your way sort of on the 14th feb.Going to Grasmere with the missus for valentines.Beautiful part of the country,love it round there, you are very lucky.Often thought about packing up and moving to the lakes but not sure what id do for work!!!Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

No weather warnings showing on met office for Merseyside over the next 3 days

Come on, what did you expect! Merseyside doesn't get any weather. It also always seems to be ignored by the Met office in any event.
  • Like 1

Come on, what did you expect! Merseyside doesn't get any weather. It also always seems to be ignored by the Met office in any event.

doesnt get any weather? come on, we had awesme snow last year and a few years back you could measure in feet! we had some amazing sotrms and high winds..Its been mental at times.Your last comment is very strange too!

Posted

Just plain rain now but still only 2c..... Wind is really gusting here though....

Fires now lit as its freezing but making chicken ala creme tonight so off to prep....

I see isle of man had a bit of snow this morning on the mountain.... But theyve got severe warning of coastal flooding tomorrow....

post-15202-0-51574600-1391178469_thumb.j

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

Summery for winter so far in my location

Snow -0

Frost-1

Rain- bucket loads

Wind- sick of it

• Like 2

Posted

Wow the rain here has not stopped heavy too if that was snow it would be past my waist.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

post-16288-0-50685200-1391179942_thumb.j

If only I could post an image saying this then I would be happy lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Theres about 1cm of snow at around 300M

Posted

Today has been an excellent example of the power of evaporative cooling. Significant cooling has taken place over the central Lakeland fells today and with a south flow off the Irish Sea/Morecambe Bay the two have collided to cause rain to fall to snow at very low levels around here - 100m mark. Heavy wet snow around lunchtime has deposited a couple cm slush fest, but still it counts as a proper snowfall. As the precipitation has lightened the snow has turned to rain but not enough to clear the snow.

Travelling between Kendal and Windermere and there is a marked snowline around the 100m mark just as you pass Staveley. This often happens in these kind of set ups. Our best snowfalls come from such set ups - alas temps this time are very marginal.

So we have finally managed our first snowflakes of the season, and its great to see green and grey surfaces turned white.

Tonight will no doubt be very icy and there is potential for further snow/snow showers down to low levels.

• Like 1

Posted

Wrong side of marginal here, just the extreme tops (Shining Tor, Kinder Scout, Bleaklow) seeing anything of significance snow wise. Just wet, damp, and gusty here at 210m

http://www.maccinfo.com/cat/

Posted

Wrong side of marginal here, just the extreme tops (Shining Tor, Kinder Scout, Bleaklow) seeing anything of significance snow wise. Just wet, damp, and gusty here at 210mhttp://www.maccinfo.com/cat/

Yep had a few hours of sleet but that was it....very heavy rain for a few hours....rain stopped an hour ago but the sky just now was electric purple/ pink really odd.... Temp 3c....plus the wind has been pretty strong and gusty.... Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

Net weather has me down for 38% chance of snow tomorrow we shall see... probably will be rain.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Net weather has me down for 38% chance of snow tomorrow we shall see... probably will be rain.

Met off ice foreceast for North west England for tomorrow

snow turning to rain at lower levels but continuing as snow for high ground

make of that what you will

C.S

• Like 1

Posted

Netweathers had me down for 95% chance of snow over the last few weeks but ive had sleet mostly.... A few times it has snowed but not in any major capacity....

Ive 80% chance of snow tomorrow again.....wont come off...

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Its been a miserable day today and Cuerden Valley river near here is almost bursting its banks. This morning it was normal. Crazy weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Net weather has liverpool down as a Zero chance of snow !!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Nasty cold and  wet here, just walked Meg and didn't bother with the park it's like a quagmia(sp). I am sure I encountered the odd snowflake about 3pm as I walked home from the station but generally it was cold sleety rain. Hot soup 'n' crusty bread weather

Posted

I wouldnt take much from forecasts its look out window and see....im 300 m up and had numerous days of sleet and few times ive seen snow fall but not lay.... I would reckon on not thinking its going to happen and hope for the best.....ie look out and if its snowing/ lying thank yourself lucky considering this winter so far.... Its been far too marginal for comfort.... If temps had been a few degrees south then we may of hit the jackpot today at lower elevations....ireland and scotland look to be the places to be tonight...