Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

XC Weather have a snow symbol for Manchester at 15.00 This afternoon with a depth of 1.3cmPosted Image

C.S

Looking at glossop and mossley on that forecast temp never gets above 4 c this whole coming week, compared to bbc saying 7c but their forecast for here is based on leek thornecliffe which is miles away, and then rain friday temp only gets to 3c and is 1c for vast majority of the day with rain? On a nearer timescale says light snow for this avo too.... Oh well what will be will be....going for a walk with dog in a while.... Then pub and footy.... Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

Certainly will feel colder in the next few days but I'm not pinning any hopes on Friday's low to be proceeded by a slush fest (because that's all it will be for here). Milder weather will be hot on the heels.  Could be an upgrade but I'll stick with the meto's forecast for now.

Just looking at my gallery I've always been able to take a snowy wintery pic for the last 4 years...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...so come on winter 2013/2014!  Deliver the goods!

• Like 4

Posted

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/dayforecast.asp?day=2&zipcode=Glossop&locationID=57453&lat=53.4&lon=-1.9&findtype=

Just sit on the fence 6z gfs and metcheck.... Torrential sleet whole of friday?

• Like 1

Posted

i wouldnt use metcheck whatsoever will! it says 4oC for me right now and its actually 6oC.  i check it daily and its always 2oC too warm.  netweather 10 days forecasts are always the most accurate forecasts of the data driven ones! 

Posted

Netweather also based on 6z gfs has max of 3c here until tuesday which is by then 4c.....has sleet/ snow showers here tonight then friday has sleet/snow until late evening then 3c rain overnight...then sleet/snow sat/sunday........

Posted

after today the max here is 4oC.  but i doubt it will be that cold! IF only it was a couple of degrees lower with all the rain coming we would get buried haha! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Just drizzle here. Not expecting even a flurrie this week or at the weekend. Small positive in that it won't be as wet, if only for a couple of days!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

When i was walking down a canal I saw about 25 Canadian gooses. There is a myth if I see a lot of them, then the cold spell should be due any time in the next few weeks. I'm not giving up on this Winter just yet.

I will give up end of March if its stays zonal.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 2

Posted

2c drizzle all day and now fog.....lovely.....

Feels cold and peak district forecast says snow but very much doubt it precip not heavy enough.....todays max 3c pretty horrible but had a few breaks with long lasting rainbow at lunchtime before hill fog came in again.... Tomorrow looks to be dry and cold and will probably not get above freezing up here so nice weather for walking....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Someone on the weather TV forecast mentioned the chance of icy conditions tonight.

I wasn't sure what this was so looked it up.

Aparantly it's when the temperature falls close to freezing and water turns solid and is common in some countries in winter.

In the UK it said you can find it in the cold white drawer where you keep your fish fingers.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Been on you tube looking at snow , it must be amazing to live in a country that gets it !!...

Yeah, oh to live in one of those places where winter snow is virtually guaranteed.Greece, Southern US states, North Africa.Seriously though I've just been reading about the latest winter storm to hit the USA, this time places like Georgia and Alabama and due to the fact that they don't usually get snow and therefore done even have ploughs and gritters, just 3 inches of it caused chaos on the roads stranding thousands.That sounds familiar.The other thing was that the storm was a thousand miles across and covered 4 states; our attempts at winter storms are lucky to effect 4 counties.
  • Like 1

Posted

Dry at the moment with temp of +3C doesn't look good for snow. Looking good for Man City though.

Posted

Looking very windy on Saturday from the WNW, combined with 10 metre tides for liverpool it could result in flooding for the wirral and north wales. Maybe a repeat of the 5th of December, which saw under reported major damage to new brighton, west kirby and Rhyl.

Could be spectacular on new brighton prom......

Edited by johnwirral

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

ECM I Hate you with a vengence,after everything you have put us through this winter,you go

and produce more cold charts

This time i wont believe you until i watch the weather on TV and hear the words from the

profesionals

As for the next 48hrs

Dry and cold for tomorrow followed by a wet and windy friday,but you already know that

C.S

• Like 1

Posted

Could be spectacular on new brighton prom......

This high tide prediction Sat 1st Feb 12:00 10.21m at Liverpool adds a whole new meaning to 'High Noon' Edited by Sunny _Android
  • Like 1

Posted

Temperature down to 1.9c here but the rate of fall is painstakingly slow and I'd be surprised if we get our first sub zero temperature of 2014 tonight.

As for Fridays storm, looks like the chances of snow are less than non existent across all but the highest ground and even there it will probably soon turn back to rain again.

Posted

No worries about the high tide here in Blackrod :), hope it doesn't get too bad I think we have had more than enough flooding in this country.