Sign in to follow this  
Angelici Magiovinium

Scotland Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Nae Slow Worms nor Cobra's on the agenda the day!No, no it's A' aboot the Black Gold the day!!!Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori
  • Like 2

not much to tell weather wise around here rain cloud more rain more cloud with the odd fleeting appearance from that big shiny yellow thing but doesn't last too long.

didn't manage to make it north over the weekend not been keeping too well lately and didn't have a good weekend but hopefully there will be snow still there in a couple of weeks and I can get up and have some fun and get some pics taken

• Like 2

The latest ECM is a pukefest, unless you like wind and rain. I've tried posting a chart but my laptop is being difficult. You don't want to see the chart, it's what we've been looking at all winter. Big swirly nonsense heading over the Atlantic.

• Like 2

Another mild, wet night. Bleh! Story of the winter really

• Like 2

Bye bye people!!!

Almighty blizzard incoming.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Atlast some sunshine. Bright and cold breezy day reminding us it is actually winter and not Autumn!

Day started off at 7.2/3.6C, breezy with broken cloud. Cloud has all but disappeared now though so it's now bright and sunny. Probably not as pleasant out as it looks due to the wind.

Lovely bright sunny crisp day here!I got a train north from the Midlands yesterday and was pleased to see patches of snow on the Borders Hills wherever it is that the West Coast mainline runs - but was stunned by the floods. I don't know that line as well as I know the East Coast, but my oath it's not normally like that. I took some pics but don't have the cable handy to connect them to the laptop. It looked like Somerset… somewhere round Carstairs, south of Tinto, is about the best I can do for location… 

• Like 1

Lovely day yesterday, almost like spring! Today? Back to wind and rainy type pish. Oh, and my daffs are now blooming!

Lovely bright sunny crisp day here!I got a train north from the Midlands yesterday and was pleased to see patches of snow on the Borders Hills wherever it is that the West Coast mainline runs - but was stunned by the floods. I don't know that line as well as I know the East Coast, but my oath it's not normally like that. I took some pics but don't have the cable handy to connect them to the laptop. It looked like Somerset… somewhere round Carstairs, south of Tinto, is about the best I can do for location… 

And just for a complete contrast we have had a very windy sunny day here with a maximum of 6.9c and an RH of 60% which has dried out the fields to powder with dust following the tractor round the steading today on its feeding operations. A couple of photos  to show the powder surface in the ploughed fields.post-2744-0-44799200-1393352746_thumb.jppost-2744-0-39834000-1393352765_thumb.jp  Tempting to get sowing but we"ll be patient for a while yet but drought is still at the back of my mind for the summer in this area.

• Like 7

Heavy sleet falling here, will it turn to snow before I get on the train to work in 5mins? Probably not!

It's cleared up nicely here with some sunny spells. 8c/5c in a light SWly breeze.

Morning Kilters! Sun is trying to shine here, but at least the rain's off......for the time being! Looking like it's going to get cold over the weekend, but sadly, I doubt very much that I'll see any snow. Posted Image

Was nice and sunny but gone DARK with thunder heard and lashing down

• Like 1

Great news, for months at work we've had sledges and snow shovels sitting at the front door of the shop while no snow has fallen. They have now been removed. Wait to see the snowfest we'll get soon :lol:

• Like 3

Great news, for months at work we've had sledges and snow shovels sitting at the front door of the shop while no snow has fallen. They have now been removed. Wait to see the snowfest we'll get soon Posted Image

Haven't looked at the charts yet but somebody posted some snowy looking Saturday night and Sunday night charts in the MOD earlier....

It's pretty much snowing Herr in the back edge of heavy shower!