Scotland Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the wrong day to go and visit Kilmacolm judging by the pics of the top end of the Port earlier in the thread.

There are some showers in the far south-west of Scotland, we might sneak a few flakes here before tomorrow morning but probably nowt much. Tomorrow afternoon could be a cracker though, although I'm not sure MrsCatch will be impressed if I demand that we leave here at 5am :rofl:

• Like 2

No snow to report but this cold dry  wind is really drying out the ground as can be seen by this photograph of ground ploughed in November.post-2744-0-70290700-1392138282_thumb.jp Drought still remains an issue in this area if the spring is dry. Currently breezy and 2.2c and falling.

• Like 4

Nothing here since this mornings surprise fall (which is all gone in Dyce and I suspect it'll be the same for Kemnay) but glad to hear others are getting hit. I suspect there's too many hills in the way for the showers to get this far on their current direction of travel. Just had to nip out and it certainly feels cold enough for snow under largely clear, darkening skies.

We have 2cm snow cover here now. Started about 4pm, just light snowpellets. Heavy snow/snowpellets since then. Thundersnow at 4.49pm....loud thunder accom;panied by snowflakes and pellets about 5-7mm across.....hail.

Can see next Cb coming in from WNW.

Friend in Kennoway reporting thunder snow.

I can confirm thundersnow at 4.49pm. Remarkable, especially when showers are coming from the west.

• Like 5

Drove through a snow shower on the way home, which left a light covering between St Andrews and Kingsbarns.

Nothing here in Crail obviously ;-) though temp only +1/-1c

Roasting here . Shorts & t shirt on

Lying on the couch with my feet against the radiator

On iPad looking at the big blobs coming across the water to our shores

I think a bottle of wine is in order !!!

• Like 4